Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

Discus and support Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want peggle 2 price to drop but I dont see it happening since it sells well on its own. the others got price drops cause they werent doing as well Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CollapseControl, Feb 4, 2014.

  1. Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount


    I want peggle 2 price to drop but I dont see it happening since it sells well on its own. the others got price drops cause they werent doing as well
     
    MurderTramp17, Feb 4, 2014
    #16
  2. ^^^

    Never gonna happens if gamers keep supporting that prices.
     
    IngameInstincts, Feb 4, 2014
    #17
  3. Judge
    Judge Guest
    I agree they are on point with these sales. I hope they keep this up, but them doing this 3 weeks in a row, and already permanently dropping Lococycle's price by 50% is starting off this gen CORRECTLY with digital pricing.
     
    Judge, Feb 4, 2014
    #18
  4. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    Yeah I'm wanting on Ryse to get a price drop, even if it's only down to $50 I'd pick it up then.
     
    VulcanVFX, Feb 4, 2014
    #19
  5. Major Angry
    Major Angry Guest
    MS should be paying $10 to anyone that downloads Loco Cycle not charging them for it.
     
    Major Angry, Feb 4, 2014
    #20
  6. Mellor44
    Mellor44 Guest
    Just do what I have done on Ryse if you just want to play through the story. I have done it with Lego Marvel too. I don't play online on the Xbox as I play MMO's and such on the PC. So I am keen to see the stories of these launch games but they won't be
    keepers. I just buy them used on Ebay, Lego and Ryse were £30 each delivered. Then relist them when they arrive and they usually sell for the same price. Minus 10% Ebay fee's and £1.20 to post and it has relistically costs you about £4 per game.

    I do have to agree the reviews were far worse than the game and I can imagine the online play is fun. I am running through on Centurion at the moment then I will see how far I get on Legendary. Combat is simply in theory but it gets hectic when you are surrounded
    and requires a lot of concentration and fast reflexes.

    I thought Loco looked rubbish but any game at that price is tempting. I think I will invest in Peggle at some point too as I love Powerstar Golf.
     
    Mellor44, Feb 4, 2014
    #21
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    not to cause a storm or start this discussion again... but Mellor.. what you are doing IS one of the reasons why games are so expensive.... same as the guy who buys a used game at gamestop.. plays it.. returns it for another game within a week and keeps
    the cycle going...we will not get digital prices lower until disc based games go lower.. and for them to go lower...the publishers need to meet their expected sales totals in more initial sales...a company would rather sell 2 million games @$40 than 1 million
    @ $60
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 5, 2014
    #22
  8. Mellor44
    Mellor44 Guest

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    Oh I agree with you entirely. I do/will happily pay full asking/launch price for either a game I must have or one that has a decent lenght of play time to it. I will pre order MG5 even though I could probably finish it while I am having my tea lol.

    But if I am not 100% sure if I will like the game and know for a fact it is only going to take me a couple of nights to finish then it is the thing to do for me, your own economy is always gonna be forefront selfish or not.
     
    Mellor44, Feb 5, 2014
    #23
  9. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Yeah I understand your reasoning and I did too at one time go on the weekly buy 3 games for $9.99 each online...nothing we can do or the suits can do about it and make everyone happy... at least not yet... maybe just flat out lower the DDL versions.. see
    how well they sell.... all it will take is ONE JUST ONE publisher to release a DDL AAA title.. see how the numbers flow with income and sales total and compare it to other AAA games of the same type...do you think Titanfall would sell as many as expected
    if it were digital only?? I would,,, would the devs/pubs make more money in the long run at a DDL only $45 as opposed to a disc $60? I personally think their sales would increase X3

    But that is just my opinion
     
    tohellnbak, Feb 5, 2014
    #24
  10. Mellor44
    Mellor44 Guest
    I would have been happy enough with the original idea, Steam like. Providing of course the games were cheaper and found there way down in price eventually. Like you say it would be interesting to see the revenue difference of selling x amount at £50 then
    having them swap hands to all the rest. Or have everyone pay them directly for a download/one time code of less outright expense.

    Like most people I would like to be HD only, no discs, like with Powerstar and the other smaller titles. It is handy you can just call out the game you want to play. But you lose out not owning something physically you can resell.
     
    Mellor44, Oct 31, 2018
    #25
  11. tohellnbak Win User

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    Yeah I understand your reasoning and I did too at one time go on the weekly buy 3 games for $9.99 each online...nothing we can do or the suits can do about it and make everyone happy... at least not yet... maybe just flat out lower the DDL versions.. see
    how well they sell.... all it will take is ONE JUST ONE publisher to release a DDL AAA title.. see how the numbers flow with income and sales total and compare it to other AAA games of the same type...do you think Titanfall would sell as many as expected
    if it were digital only?? I would,,, would the devs/pubs make more money in the long run at a DDL only $45 as opposed to a disc $60? I personally think their sales would increase X3

    But that is just my opinion
  12. Mellor44 Win User

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    Oh I agree with you entirely. I do/will happily pay full asking/launch price for either a game I must have or one that has a decent lenght of play time to it. I will pre order MG5 even though I could probably finish it while I am having my tea lol.

    But if I am not 100% sure if I will like the game and know for a fact it is only going to take me a couple of nights to finish then it is the thing to do for me, your own economy is always gonna be forefront selfish or not.
  13. Major Angry Win User

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    MS should be paying $10 to anyone that downloads Loco Cycle not charging them for it.
  14. Judge Win User

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    I agree they are on point with these sales. I hope they keep this up, but them doing this 3 weeks in a row, and already permanently dropping Lococycle's price by 50% is starting off this gen CORRECTLY with digital pricing.
  15. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

    Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

    They need to drop the price of ryse by at least half than i will buy it!...ive been wanting to play that game but i am unwilling to buy it at 60 or 50 bucks for such a short single player...the online looks alright but i doubt i will play that too much...
Thema:

Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount

Loading...
  1. Lococycle for $10, 3rd week we got a discount - Similar Threads - Lococycle $10 3rd

  2. September 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.15.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.15.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 10,...
  3. When is the OSU update on the support page coming?10/8/26

    in XboX Insiders
    When is the OSU update on the support page coming?10/8/26: Mi xbox one s,running to SO 26100.9426, stop actualization in step 3,Help submitted by /u/Xboxer79 [link] [comments]
  4. July 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1000.43.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1000.43.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 10, 2026 -...
  5. Level 10 Insider looking for Alpha Ring access to test the new Cloud Home UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Level 10 Insider looking for Alpha Ring access to test the new Cloud Home UI: Hi everyone and Xbox Team,I've been a dedicated Xbox Insider for over 3 years now and just reached Level 10 (Gamertag: vT4Ghost4King4v).I am currently in the Beta Ring but I really want to test...
  6. Does anyone remember Xbox SmartGlass? I helped test it 10 years ago!

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone remember Xbox SmartGlass? I helped test it 10 years ago!: Xbox SmartGlass was the original mobile companion app for Xbox, it was revolutionary for Xbox fans such as myself at the time. The app formed the basis of the Xbox mobile app we all know and love...
  7. My Xbox app won't open on Windows 10

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox app won't open on Windows 10: I've tried reinstalling the app, I've tried the Gaming Services repair tool, I've checked that everything in Services is set to automatic, I've checked for updates, and I've even updated the BIOS....
  8. June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2606.260609-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2606.260609-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2606.260609-2200) Feel free...
  9. June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2607.260608-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2607.260608-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2607.260608-2200)...
  10. June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2607.260608-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2607.260608-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 10, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2607.260608-2200) Feel free...