Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac)

Discus and support Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It would be nice if Microsoft would adopt a similar feature to "find my" in the apple ecosystem, so if someone steals your console it's essentially... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/snowdizx, Jan 20, 2021.

1. /u/snowdizx
    /u/snowdizx Guest

It would be nice if Microsoft would adopt a similar feature to "find my" in the apple ecosystem, so if someone steals your console it's essentially bricked. It's sort of ridiculous in my opinion that the Xbox doesn't have some way to lock down the home xbox from theft at this time.

submitted by /u/snowdizx
    [link] [comments]

/u/snowdizx, Jan 20, 2021
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft purchases transferred to my sons account

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is no way of transferring purchases from one account to another account. On the Xbox there is

home console sharing
    . On the Ipad or any other device you would need to find out if there is a similar choice. I will be locking this thread as it has been answered.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Martin_GLO Win User

Family Sharing one PC for gaming

Thank you. I tried this. When I switch back to my kids xbox id the game was not available. From other threads I understand this is similar to the way the home box function works - just doesn't appear to be an option to set a PC as home xbox.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Halo TMCC Gift

You find an etailer in her region and buy a code from them

Codes are region locked so is gifting this prevents fraud and monetization account thefts
  5. A Toxic Shotgun Win User

could I run BF3 on my 13' Macbook Pro?

no, no offense but Macs are overpriced computers(you could build a PC to better specs, for less money, and more functionality) for people who want to burn their money. you need a "PC"(even though a mac is just an overpriced factory locked PC) to properly
    play most games.

Macbooks are not very powerful or functional compared to desktop mac models.
  6. tony bowman w10 Win User

Xbox one x fixed MAC address

The guest network is isolated from the home device wifi when enabled. If anyone is setting up a similar router please remember to add/allow the MAC of the device you are using to configure your router on your home network before saving the settings. Sounds
    obvious but it caught me out.
Thema:

1. Locking home xbox from theft (similar to Find My functionality on Mac) - Similar Threads - Locking home theft

2. Why are locking for groups not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are locking for groups not working: I tried to join a group post and creating one and for some reason it all says locked or there was a problem can someone help me with this e3a1bcbd-20cd-4a21-9de4-87b7dec602e6
  3. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  4. Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still: Dreamlight valley rift in time purchased but only one daughter can play it why ebc74364-fbca-4be9-9e95-b91e4fb0cac8
  5. Games lock up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games lock up: Hi, I have an Xbox Series S all-digital edition and I have played about 10 times and each time the game will crash at random times - I usually get frustrated and turn it off. One of the games...
  6. My microsoft account is locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account is locked: Suddenly, my Microsoft account was locked, and when I tried to unlock it through a verification method, the only verification method that it showed me was sending a code to my phone number, so...
  7. Region locked gift

in XBoX on Windows
    Region locked gift: So my friend gifted me a Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, but they live in a different country and the code is region locked, anyway around that or is there a way to give them a refund?...
  8. On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.

in XBoX on Windows
    On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.: I am totally confused. On only 1 document, caps lock seems to be on when it isn't. It's the ONLY document this is happening with. How can I stop it? 22cb30e6-4e8f-4b7e-8354-0656194f0f22
  9. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  10. black screen & home screen lock out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    black screen & home screen lock out: I have noticed on the last few boot ups when starting the game that when the respawn logo should appear the game has black screened. When it does this i have to return to the home screen and...