Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident.

Discus and support Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About a week ago, I tried to purchase the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas redux ($3.74) but I had accidentally charged my dad's old credit card. A WEEK... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by holidayonion, Nov 3, 2014.

1. holidayonion
    holidayonion Guest

Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident.

About a week ago, I tried to purchase the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas redux ($3.74) but I had accidentally charged my dad's old credit card. A WEEK later, I get a notice saying my account is suspended until I update my payment info. I have now updated
    my info, but it will not let me remove the old credit card because it is waiting to be charged. Is there any way to transfer the payment to a different card instead? I am super angry that this is happening ONE day before Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is released.
    Anybody have any solutions?

-

:)

holidayonion, Nov 3, 2014
  2. AlpCCP
    AlpCCP Guest
    8c010003

You will probably notice there is currently a credit card on your account that is expired. Remove this expired credit card and you should be able to make purchases just fine.

AlpCCP, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Robbie2k
    Robbie2k Guest
    Can't renew my Xbox live suscription, no way! no help chat no support, it's a sick!

Hi, thank you for the answer, I used firstly italian credit cards to pay, and after tried also with a colombian credit card and a paypal account, the M$ account was set to italy so the console and the xbox live account, furthermore I made this operation
    successfully (change of an expired credit card) in the 2011.

Anyway, I contacted the italian M$ live chat, and they paid with my new registered cards, unlocked the account and eliminated the old expired card, the reason on why I was not able to do this... is still a mistery.

Robbie2k, Nov 3, 2014
  4. holidayonion
    holidayonion Guest

*THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED*

holidayonion, Nov 3, 2014
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Since this is a billing issue, you would need to contact support directly so they can help you get it sorted out. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

Since this is a billing issue, you would need to contact support directly so they can help you get it sorted out. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. holidayonion Win User

*THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED*
  8. AlpCCP Win User

8c010003

You will probably notice there is currently a credit card on your account that is expired. Remove this expired credit card and you should be able to make purchases just fine.
  9. Robbie2k Win User

Can't renew my Xbox live suscription, no way! no help chat no support, it's a sick!

Hi, thank you for the answer, I used firstly italian credit cards to pay, and after tried also with a colombian credit card and a paypal account, the M$ account was set to italy so the console and the xbox live account, furthermore I made this operation
    successfully (change of an expired credit card) in the 2011.

Anyway, I contacted the italian M$ live chat, and they paid with my new registered cards, unlocked the account and eliminated the old expired card, the reason on why I was not able to do this... is still a mistery.
  10. XxX1000Corpses Win User

Recovering an old Live Account

I have the name of the card holder when I first made the account and a couple of e-mails saying the credit card is expired.
Thema:

1. Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident. - Similar Threads - Locked account Made

2. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  3. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  4. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  5. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  6. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  7. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  8. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  9. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  10. My other xbox account is locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My other xbox account is locked: My other xbox account is locked because I no longer have access to the email associated with the account, every time I go to login it wants me to verify the email which is impossible, please...