Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name

Discus and support Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My kid used his name w/one ilof my email address to make an xbox 1 account. Shortly after I bought a computer, and when I set it up it took that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andrew Schmidt3, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name

My kid used his name w/one ilof my email address to make an xbox 1 account. Shortly after I bought a computer, and when I set it up it took that account name. Now it made everything on my computer HIS name. The xbox password is lost and I can't access that account. How do I remove that account with my email associated with it off of the xbox and then how to I take my kids name off name off of my computer and change it to my name?

:)

Andrew Schmidt3, Sep 4, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Andrew Schmidt3,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are trying to set up your email as your own account and to ensure that you can access it back. We know how important it is for you to set everything correctly. Microsoft accounts offer a single sign-in to other Microsoft services, including Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype and Xbox. To avoid any privacy or security breach to your data, changes to Microsoft accounts are all automatically handled and validated. We will not be able to manually make any changes to the account, but for now please allow me to perform whatever support we can provide for this issue.

To answer your query, please check if you need further details from our explanation below:

The Xbox password is lost and I can't access that account.

Password for the Microsoft Account can be reset with the help of your security information. If you have added a secondary email, phone number, recovery code or set your account on Microsoft authentication app - these will help you recover your account. Use a device that may have signed into your account and with the use of the steps here you can reset your password:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and if you’re not already signed in, sign in with the username and current password for the account you want to update.
    2. From the navigation header, select Security and because you’re accessing sensitive info, you’ll need to enter the password for this account again.
    3. From the Password security tile, select Change my password.
    4. On the Change your password page, enter your current password and then enter your new password.
    5. For additional security, select the optional checkbox which prompts you to update your password every 72 days.
    6. Select Save.

If you couldn't change your password this way, see Reset your Microsoft account password.

Source: Change your Microsoft account password - Microsoft Support.

With accessing your account, you may complete the two other queries you have below.

How do I remove that account with my email associated with it off of the Xbox?

You may sign into your account and remove the device added to it, please check the steps below.

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    2. Select Show details to see info for that device.
    3. Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    4. Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.
    Source: Remove a device from your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Otherwise, you may manage your account activity history for your account, go to your privacy dashboard home page. Learn more here: View your data on the privacy dashboard - Microsoft Support

How to I take my kids name off name off of my computer and change it to my name?

You can do that by going into your account profile and changing your full name and your account information, please use this link: Microsoft account | Your profile.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sandeep Singh Rawat Win User

Can't renew gold subscription from xbox.com

damn, my other account is also locked, it asks me to login from the same computer I used a year back..... Seriously this security feature must be reverted back. There is no use of a tight security when there is no usability. We want our accounts to be secure
    but first we should be able to use it..

Will I be able to use my account if I just rename my laptop to my old machine name??? WIll try it out anyways EOD but if someone has already done it and failed, will save some effort...

Thanks
  5. Pookylove-C8534017-4 Win User

Husband having issues connecting to his XBL

OK he forgot his password and his email he had was old and he couldn't log into it anymore. He went and tried to make a new password and the email is not going to his in box. We think he may have spelled the email wrong on his account creation and now he
    can't log into it on the computer, and if his file is corrupted he will not be able to get a new download due to the account t info being wrong it's like he is locked out of his own account.
  6. YellowyRecord34 Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Services

HI basically, I cannot connect to my old account which has been locked because I entered too many wrong password. The problem is I couldnt get one Proper Microsoft Technical Support to get me to reset my password. They only left me a short note that If I
    continued using my console with the locked account, my console might get locked as well. So ever since last year may I havent been able to use my X-Box at all. Could I get just one person to really help me out.
Thema:

1. Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name - Similar Threads - Locked old account

2. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  3. How to unlock old password after locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to unlock old password after locked: Hello I am trying to sign back into my old xbox account but when i try to sign in it says the sign in is locked for trying too much in the past i tried logging in with a different account to reset...
  4. being billed for old game pass for account that i have been locked out of. xbox support is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    being billed for old game pass for account that i have been locked out of. xbox support is...: i want to sue microsoft for billing me for a game pass on a account they wont let me have accesses to. is there anyone else who lost a account due to forgetting passwords yet finding the pw and...
  5. Hi is my account old one locked again and why di you delete my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi is my account old one locked again and why di you delete my posts: Sorry I don't know what I did wrong I tried to respectful 0566b397-67b1-4764-8c0a-0a7b645ea777
  6. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...
  7. I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old,...: I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old, so when I try the security questions form it's saying I still can't get in. Help...
  8. Any possible way to get my decade old achievement lock ban unlifted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any possible way to get my decade old achievement lock ban unlifted?: So in 2013 I modded my Gears of War 3 profile to unlock guns, achievements, custom in game name cards. Etc. And without any email or any kind of contact, my achievements (80+ at the time) we reset...
  9. Good old compliance lock

in XBoX Accessibility
    Good old compliance lock: Dear Microsoft, As with many of the other posts i have been victim of compliance lock. I am on day 12. Ill skip to the end...i have done the form. Contacted support multiple times. Answered all...
  10. Can there be a way to lock these old message on the forums

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can there be a way to lock these old message on the forums: I just accidentally just posted on this old post from 2017 that was at the top of the forum list.Can someone lock these old posts please.I know I should of paid more attention and looked at the...