Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription

Discus and support Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; For weeks now I have been locked out of my Xbox account (different from the account I am posting this on) and have tried countless times to get back... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chloe Epstein, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription

For weeks now I have been locked out of my Xbox account (different from the account I am posting this on) and have tried countless times to get back into it to no avail. There has been unusual activity on my account, or my credentials are at risk, so I am prompted to change my password. The options are to request a code from my recovery email (which has been deleted in the past, so I don't have access), or if I don't have access to the email, I must fill out a recovery form of some sort (https://account.live.com/acsr). I have filled this out about 15 times, and I always receive an email along the lines of "Unfortunately our system cannot verify that you are the owner of this account." I also filled out an account suspension appeal ticket which also did not resolve the issue. I made the account maybe 10 years ago and I am trying my best to fill it out as accurately as I can, but am thinking I might've put a different birthday or something back when I made it for privacy concerns on the internet.

I took the next step after many attempts at filling this out and set up a call with an agent. When she called at an earlier time than I requested, I was at work and had to step out of the office to answer the call. The connection and quality of the call were very bad the whole time which was very frustrating, but ultimately we decided that she would call me back the following day and go through the form with me to figure out which questions I am filling out incorrectly. The next day comes and I see her trying to call me for about one second, and before I was able to answer, the call ended and I was not able to call back. I tried getting on the phone with someone else that night and I was told that the form was the only way for me to access my account and there's no line to call to help me out with this. After this, I kind of gave up, but tried once more talking to the virtual agent in the chat box online. Of course like every other time, I was given the same answers and conclusion: I would be locked out until I was able to fill out the questions correctly.

Fast forward to yesterday, I noticed I was charged for my Xbox Live subscription. So here I am, locked out of my account and still getting charged for a subscription that I would love to use, but am blocked from using. Their security protocols are locking people out of their own accounts and still charging them? From there, I requested yet another call with an agent to help me figure that out. The call was yet again bad quality and the connection was bad, making it hard to hear the agent on the line. Since I am locked out of my account and can't verify that I am myself, he said he couldn't refund me, but that he could cancel the subscription for me. After waiting on the line on hold while he was doing this, the call dropped and he attempted to call me back twice, but the call kept dropping. Normally I'd think this was an issue on my end, but immediately after since I was so frustrated with dealing with this, I called my bank to have them refute the charge and block any future payments to them. I was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes, and the quality and connection was perfectly fine.

Anyways, I am very frustrated with the customer service I have been receiving and I guess this is my last resort to figuring out my account before I fully give up on it. Am I missing something? A phone number? Another form? Anything is helpful at this point, I just want my account back.

:)

Chloe Epstein, Oct 13, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Chloe Epstein,

I understand your frustration with losing access to your account. However, this is an issue that we cannot resolve here in the community, as we do not have the authority or the tools to verify your identity or reset your password. The only way to regain access to your account is to fill out the Recovery form again and provide as much details as possible, such as alternate email addresses, phone numbers, security questions, recent contacts, and any other information that can prove that you are the owner of the account. I know this may seem tedious, but it is the only option available to protect your account from unauthorized access. I hope you can understand and follow this process.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Locked out of account (and still being charged)

Hello @JimMcQ1!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you.

My advice is to contact your bank for them to stop the unauthorized charges on your account. And regarding contacting the support, would you please try using another email address just to get hold of one of our live agents, then when you manage to do so, you can then provide them with the email address associated with your account. The live agents at least will be able to check your account and verify the exact reason why your account is locked. However, please keep in mind that they will need to verify your account by sending you a code to that email address to have access to your account. If they can't verify it, unfortunately they can do nothing from their end.
  4. RiposaurusRex Win User

I have no access to my Microsoft/XBOX Live account whatsoever, and I'm being charged in the meantime

If you are locked out of your account and still being charged getting in contact with Xbox support would not only help with the charges being made to an account you are locked out of but also be able to get you back into that account if you choose to pursue
    that. They will be able to help you out no doubt about that.
  5. OmarAl7 Win User

Xbox account locked, and cant recover it because I had Two-Step verification on.

The problem is I got charged for Xbox subscription after I got locked out of my account by 3 days, (Microsoft ultimate/1month). How can they suspend my account and still keep my credit card active and deduct from my card.
  6. XD bellsprout Win User

HOW DO I REMOVE MY ZUNE PASS SUBSCRIPTION

Also I want to delete all of my credit card details off of Xbox but cant do so until my Xbox live runs out. I have heard from Zune customer service feedback that even with the details removed and subscription cancelled they have still been charged. Just
    worried about money being taken out of my bank account is all, thanks
Thema:

1. Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription - Similar Threads - Locked account still

2. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  3. Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still: Dreamlight valley rift in time purchased but only one daughter can play it why ebc74364-fbca-4be9-9e95-b91e4fb0cac8
  4. My microsoft account is locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account is locked: Suddenly, my Microsoft account was locked, and when I tried to unlock it through a verification method, the only verification method that it showed me was sending a code to my phone number, so...
  5. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  6. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  7. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  8. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  9. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  10. How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games?: I bought into the hype of being able to download games to the console and not buying the disk. My daughter recently wanted the Overwatch game, and because her profile does not allow purchases I...