Locked out of account - recovery NOT working!

Discus and support Locked out of account - recovery NOT working! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all, My Microsoft Account has been hacked (not sure how, since I had 2FA enabled), and I have been unable to recover it. I do not have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brian Kiehl, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Brian Kiehl
    Brian Kiehl Guest

Hello all,

My Microsoft Account has been hacked (not sure how, since I had 2FA enabled), and I have been unable to recover it. I do not have a recovery key for it. When I go through the recovery process, I am answering all of the questions with likely 100% accuracy (only thing I'm not certain about is which card (last 4 digits) I've used for purchases in the past). I have gone through this process multiple times, and have never received any kind of response from Microsoft. I have been unable to reach a human being at Microsoft through any other support channel. Because I can't access my Microsoft account, I also can't access my XBOX account. On top of that, I'm no longer able to access several sites/systems that I used the Microsoft Authenticator App with.

It is mind-boggling to me that it is impossible to reach a human being at Microsoft that I can verify my identity to, especially when I have so many other systems/services tied to my Microsoft account. What can I do?

:)

Brian Kiehl, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

계정이 잠겼다고해서 보안코드를 받으려고 하는데 문자가 안와요 [I'm trying to get a security code because my account is locked, but I don't have a text.]

The OP is locked out of their Microsoft account...they bought UGP and then wanted to cancel it the next day but couldn't access their MS account.

Their problem is that the account became locked (for an unknown reason) and they aren't receiving the code via text message for the account recovery process

That's the way it reads to me anyway.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox support not helping, about to file a BBB claim tomorrow due to account issues.

So you are locked out of the Xbox account and the E-mail? Is the email with Microsoft as well?

have you tried the compromised account recovery solution that requires you using a different email address to recover the account?
  4. chris_102 Win User

xbox said "issue with account, go to accounts.live.com to resolve this" and I can't access the account anymore from my PC/browser. Contacting tech support impossible.

like to second OPs post. Impossible to contact customer support for unusual issues like this. Been randomly locked out of my brand-new XSX linked account (with GamePass) for a day now. Customer support bots just route me to unhelpful common issues that do not fit my problem. Hope you get a reply OP been a bummer for me. Locked out and recovery just gave me an error now I'm locked out for even recovery. Makes you wonder what you paid for exactly
  5. NIMS2 owner Win User

recovery team

locked by microsoft recovery team they couldnt recover my main account
  6. FIFISANDERS Win User

CAN'T LOG BACK ON TO XBOX VIA EMAIL

Hi ya its xbox one s no parent account unfortunately and done the recovery steps but not enough info matched therefore locking me out completely

Thanks for your help
Thema:

1. Locked out of account - recovery NOT working! - Similar Threads - Locked account recovery

2. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  3. Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still: Dreamlight valley rift in time purchased but only one daughter can play it why ebc74364-fbca-4be9-9e95-b91e4fb0cac8
  4. My microsoft account is locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account is locked: Suddenly, my Microsoft account was locked, and when I tried to unlock it through a verification method, the only verification method that it showed me was sending a code to my phone number, so...
  5. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  6. Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied: I recently tried logging into my Xbox account and found that it had been locked and required me to verify it was me using a phone number which no longer exists. As that was impossible, I tried...
  7. Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my account, too many password attempts. Account recovery form always fails as...: It's linked to my Xbox account of over 15 years. I dont care too much for the actual email account itself, I just want to have access to my xbox account as its got all my data and i am still...
  8. Account locked upon sign in and have no access to recovery phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked upon sign in and have no access to recovery phone number: Using an alternate account for this. I cannot sign in to my account of almost 10 years. Every time I go to sign in it gives me this message: Help us secure your account We have detected unusual...
  9. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...
  10. I am locked out of my microsoft account with no option of recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am locked out of my microsoft account with no option of recovery: I have been locked out my microsoft account for 2 days with no options to recover it. I entered the wrong password incorrectly 1 time and then requested a recovery code to my email. I received the...