Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

Discus and support Local and cloud game files; I lost some data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was loading up Minecraft, and then it said there was two different files, one on my xbox, and one saved in the cloud. I accidentally pressed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AvidMicrosoftUser, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

So, I was loading up Minecraft, and then it said there was two different files, one on my xbox, and one saved in the cloud.

I accidentally pressed cloud, and now I am wondering whether I can retrieve my local game files because it has the worlds I play. The cloud save has nothing.

:)

AvidMicrosoftUser, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Joc Holliday Win User

Accidentally Deleted Progress in RDR2

If you saved over a file and it sync to the cloud. You game progress is lost. You can try running the Xbox Offline and see if your able to load the game from the local file.

If that doesnt work delete the local saved file like Parity said and maybe the cloud didnt catch or sync the saved game progress.
  3. michaelkoch248 Win User

Elden Ring

Bandai Namco stating that the problem lies in a corrupted save file in either local save or in the cloud. My first step in combatting this problem was to delete my local save data and the data will not download from the cloud onto my system until I am able to load past the start screen. Since I cannot download the data to my local system I cannot delete it from the cloud from my system. Is there any way to delete the cloud save data in order to play the game again? I really enjoyed the game and would like to be able to play again.
  4. Larry GoGo Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator WorldMap doens't work. Crashes to desktop

Hi

Yes, deleting cloud works, but is there a way to save some data from the cloud on local disk? It's not problem to lost achievments after deleting cloud, but its frustrating customaizing joystick, honeycomb and other flying stuff again and again. If I got message during playing " you have problems with your connection, do you want to play offline?" then I know, that it's my last time I could play from worldmap, and next time I shold deleting cloud with all information. So anybody knows is there possible save some data from cloud on local disk?
  5. Edwin Hubley Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition goes to black screen when I try to continue a loaded save

You CAN actually delete your save game data locally on your xbox and leave it in the cloud. Go to your games/apps section in dashboard and go to the game in question. There are options to delete the local save game data and save game data in the cloud. You
    can delete local data or delete local and cloud data.
  6. Adam Sheetz Win User

Why did my cloud save disappear?

Hi CS_8019, My name is Adam, and I’d be happy to help!

I’m sorry to hear that you lost your cloud save for Crusader Kings 3. Losing progress in a game can be frustrating, especially when it represents so many hours of gameplay. There are some steps you can take to try and recover your savings:

1. Check if the saved file is still present in the cloud storage. You can do this by logging into your cloud storage account and checking if the save file is still there.

2. If the save file is still present, try downloading it and then uploading it again to the cloud storage. This may help to refresh the save file and make it available for use again.

3. If the save file is not present in the cloud storage, you can try looking for it locally on your device.

But unfortunately, if the data was not saved in the cloud or locally on your device, then it is unlikely that you can recover it.

As for games crashing, “In this article, https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2f7dbb3b-e2a2-4dbb-a25b-e65668443448, Ronnieee shows the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console; make sure that you remember the email and password to your account. No data or game saves will be lost doing this; everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console Info.

5. Select Reset Console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games and apps."

I hope this helps.

Kind regard,
    Adam
Thema:

Local and cloud game files; I lost some data

1. Local and cloud game files; I lost some data - Similar Threads - Local cloud game

2. How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?

in XboX Insiders
    How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?: How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? I'm trying to play 4 multiplayer...
  3. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...
  4. my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.: very frustrating not being able to reset games to first-time start up. there was a thread already asking this in 2019, this still hasn’t been solved a46866b2-4468-4c2d-8924-1d09feb56bf9
  5. Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option: Hey, I'm trying to play Hi-Fi Rush, which is available, through game pass, but only the cloud based option. Since it is a rhythm based game, and there is a latency with cloud based games, it is...
  6. Hay modo local en el cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hay modo local en el cloud gaming?: hola, queria saber si realmente ya se puede jugar modo local en el cloud gaming, tengo el game pass ultimate 0f4f8d59-1b96-4c91-be9f-b376094da4ce
  7. My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?: I started playing Fallout 4 using the cloud gaming feature within the xbox app at work a few days ago (on a surface pro 5 tablet). I got a few hours into it and saved. The next day I did the same...
  8. Jouer en local grâce au xbox game cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    Jouer en local grâce au xbox game cloud: Bonjour, j'ai en ma possession le xbox game cloud ultimate pour jouer sur le cloud car j'ai un PC pas très puissant. J'ai voulu jouer avec un ami sur le cloud en local avec 2 mannettes Xbox ,...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer: Hi there, I'm loving the bridge into console games from Game Pass Ultimate. Wondering if/when it is on the roadmap to get local couch co-op working within Xbox Game Pass Ultimate via xCloud...
  10. 选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    选择本地或云端档案,误丢失游戏档案 [Translate] Choose a local or cloud profile and lose your game profile by...: Xbox one地平线4打开时,窗口让选择本地或云端档案,选了时间最新但进度空白的本地档案,之后让创建玩家信息。有办法找回吗? [Translate by Mod] When Xbox one Horizon 4 opens, the window lets you select a local or cloud profile, select a local profile...