Load Times Confusion + Friends List/Party/Recent Players Suggestion.

Discus and support Load Times Confusion + Friends List/Party/Recent Players Suggestion. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About the load times. I am pretty disappointed about having to wait about 20 seconds just to load things like somebodies profile page or the my clips... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by El Tommy Gunn, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Load Times Confusion + Friends List/Party/Recent Players Suggestion.

About the load times. I am pretty disappointed about having to wait about 20 seconds just to load things like somebodies profile page or the my clips list page. Everything takes just long enough for me to not care and avoid using them using them. Why
    is everything so much slower except start up and game resume times? (The instant resume things sounds amazing for a new Elder Scrolls single player game by the way.) But with the newly built 300,000 new servers and a more powerful console I was hoping to see
    speeds faster than the Xbox 360. That is not the case for most things.

About the terrible friends function. How about not having such a pointlessly big profile rectangle on the dashboard and instead make it smaller or just make it disappear to a profile/friends/party/recent players area accessed after clicking the Xbox button
    and then the Right Thumb Stick or something. The Xbox 360 menu worked perfectly and the vast minority that could have been complaining cannot be satisfied with the inaccessibility of this new menu. Not everything had to be changed when switching focus to this
    new console.

:)

El Tommy Gunn, Jan 16, 2014
  2. video on the new update in here Load Times Confusion + Friends List/Party/Recent Players Suggestion. :)

yeah looks very nice recent players list back.

Party chat alot better

MessiahBrowny, Jan 16, 2014
  3. Major "Real Name Sharing" Security/Safety Issue!

So friends list, followers list, and recent players list...all show my issue.

Kinectamaniac, Jan 16, 2014
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

as for your 1st issue...make sure you exit apps... youmight have too many running... while on dashboard and app selected.. hit "pause" then exit... if not... then you need to try a hard restart..... this is a PC after-all... and needs to be rebooted.. the
    Xbox off does not power cycle the unit.. it just puts it to sleep... hold down the power button until it turns off....(10 seconds or so)... let it sit.... then restart

tohellnbak, Jan 17, 2014
  5. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Their is another reason for the long load times when accessing friends list etc. Your entire dashboard is stored on "the cloud" if your internet connection is having problems, or Microsofts servers are having problems, then this will show in your dashboard
    being slow.

-

I noticed the other night my dashboard wasnt loading in fully (alot of my pins were missing) but after a few minutes they finally appeared.

Shaggy2000, Jan 17, 2014
  6. 3rd Party apps all load up very quickly, it's just the featured Xbox one apps that do things very slowly. And because I have had so many errors occur I have been told to power cycle many times by Xbox support on twitter and it works for curing errors but
    not for load times. At least for me.

El Tommy Gunn, Oct 31, 2018
  7. El Tommy Gunn Win User

3rd Party apps all load up very quickly, it's just the featured Xbox one apps that do things very slowly. And because I have had so many errors occur I have been told to power cycle many times by Xbox support on twitter and it works for curing errors but
    not for load times. At least for me.
  8. tohellnbak Win User

as for your 1st issue...make sure you exit apps... youmight have too many running... while on dashboard and app selected.. hit "pause" then exit... if not... then you need to try a hard restart..... this is a PC after-all... and needs to be rebooted.. the
    Xbox off does not power cycle the unit.. it just puts it to sleep... hold down the power button until it turns off....(10 seconds or so)... let it sit.... then restart
  9. Shaggy2000 Win User

Their is another reason for the long load times when accessing friends list etc. Your entire dashboard is stored on "the cloud" if your internet connection is having problems, or Microsofts servers are having problems, then this will show in your dashboard
    being slow.

-

I noticed the other night my dashboard wasnt loading in fully (alot of my pins were missing) but after a few minutes they finally appeared.
  10. SlimBlackeye001 Win User

Friends list and recent players

That's the only thing I hate about the x1
  11. Jill_V Win User

Follower problem

Hey Jill

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

At this time, there is currently no way to remove followers.

However, rest assured, once you
    block another player
    , they will be unable to receive any of that player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.
    Ok thank for clearing that up, i want to know, do i still appear in their friends list when this happens?

I block them and even if my profile says they are followers im not in their friends list anymore or do i stay in their list?
Thema:

1. Load Times Confusion + Friends List/Party/Recent Players Suggestion. - Similar Threads - Load Times Confusion

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  4. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  5. I can’t load into my GTA 5, every time i click on the game on my xbox one it kicks me back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t load into my GTA 5, every time i click on the game on my xbox one it kicks me back...: I can’t load into my GTA 5, every time i click on the game on my xbox one it kicks me back to the home screen. 60c92550-c613-45f2-bc9f-a76688f95e6e
  6. I'm stuck on the title screen of Golf With Friends every time I load it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm stuck on the title screen of Golf With Friends every time I load it.: I downloaded Golf with Friends from the Game Pass on Xbox,it loads up perfectly fine until it says to press a button. I've pressed every button on my controller and nothing seems to work. Is there...
  7. Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...: It randomly kicked me out of playing the game while I was in the middle of a multiplayer match and it’s been doing this since then. I can play most games but anytime I try to play call off duty or...
  8. Why can't I get any of my games to load. It just keeps timing out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I get any of my games to load. It just keeps timing out: Can't get any of my games to load. It say that it's timed out On every game I have tried to play. 582ddd6a-6344-4dd1-afd4-aa091b84f87d
  9. My Xbox 1s takes along time to load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 1s takes along time to load: My Xbox 1s which is around 7years old all the sudden took 15-25 minutes to load fully. This has happened before and I got It semi fixed (It loaded in a normal amount of time) But it has happened...
  10. every time I open roblox the game opens loads for a minute then crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time I open roblox the game opens loads for a minute then crashes: And i restarted my xbox deleted and reinstalled the game . ac7673fc-d174-4855-b52d-cbbe92cb7932