Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S

Discus and support Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello together! In the last update, the function for livestreaming with Twitch was activated in the guide menu. Yesterday evening I wanted to test... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Weidhas, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Weidhas
    Weidhas Guest

Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S

Hello together!

In the last update, the function for livestreaming with Twitch was activated in the guide menu. Yesterday evening I wanted to test this and so far everything works. However, when I activate the webcam connected via USB (type: Microsoft Modern Webcam), the streaming no longer works.

Could it be that the Microsoft Modern webcam just doesn't work on Xbox (Series S)? I know the support articles (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-social-activity/live-streaming/stream-with-webcam) and there is my webcam not listed. Does anyone perhaps have experience with the Microsoft Modern Webcam and Xbox Series S? Unfortunately I can't find any info if it supports the YUY2 or NV12 format. Since it is a relatively new webcam from Microsoft, I would assume so, but no idea if it really does. Thanks in advance for the help!

Greetings,

:)

Weidhas, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Weidhas! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You’ll need a 1080p webcam that has a YUY2 or NV12 format to stream with it. Most Logitech and Microsoft LifeCam webcams have this format.

The Microsoft Modern Webcam seems to not support this format
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

XBOX SERIES S WITH WEBCAM

Ok so basicaly i stream directly from my xbox to twitch and currently us a kinect for a webcam, now im wondering as the new xbox series s/x dont support kinect if there is anyway yo link up a webcam of sorts for this does the xbox support this? Please let
    me know! (I didnt know what to list this under for category)

THANKS - Redmonkey
    The Xbox One does support webcams, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Series X/S might too.
  4. I Dashboard It Win User

Question(:

They edit the video. As far as a picture of themselves? They record that with a webcam and sync it up to their video and etc. You'll have to save the livestream because as far as I know, twitch doesn't stream to YouTube.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Web Cam

Guide to using Webcam with Mixer

You can use a Webcam with the Xbox as long as it's compatible, not sure on the specifics of twitch, but I'm sure some other folks out there can answer that..
  6. RichieB_ Win User

Problema Streming SU TWITCH e WEBCAM

Hi Fabio Gentile1,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with streaming through TWITCH.

Based on your information that you able to use your webcam on the WebCam Pip app on Xbox. What we can highly recommend for this is to directly contact the Twitch support because it might be there is a configuration needs to be done for you to be able to use your Webcam on Twitch.

You may click this link to be directly connected with them: Contact Support (twitch.tv)

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Livestreaming webcam using

2. why can’t i livestream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can’t i livestream?: i live stream through twitch, but when i try going live now, it gives me the loading circle and it never ends, it an error message shows up. when i try to open twitch, it says an error occurred...
  3. Is it allowed to livestream games on RetroArch from the livestream option on share tab

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it allowed to livestream games on RetroArch from the livestream option on share tab: I know RetroArch or emulators in general are a rocky area in the TOS of xbox but I found I was able to start my stream while in dev mode. Before I do this normally for long periods of time I...
  4. Xbox series X livestream audio bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X livestream audio bug: So I’ve recently begun trying to stream from my Xbox series X with a RIG 700HX headset. The picture is crystal clear with no lag, but my audio is laggy and makes a weird crackling noise. This only...
  5. Livestream from Xbox Series X with two controller mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Livestream from Xbox Series X with two controller mics: When streaming directly from my console, if I and a couch co-op player both have controllers, headsets, and mics, will both our voices be broadcast to a twitch stream?...
  6. For the Xbox 20th Anniversary livestream

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox 20th Anniversary livestream: Because I had an important thing to do in the morning on Monday, and when I miss out on the Xbox 20th Anniversary Celebration Livestream on YouTube, will it be rewatchable after it premiered on...
  7. Can't access Xbox fanfest livestream

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't access Xbox fanfest livestream: Hey, I was trying the livestream link for Xbox Fanfest and I'm getting an error that says: HTTP header is larger than 10240 bytes. How can I fix this? dd597973-de53-4d8c-9681-b9588ea4dcee
  8. Livestream Twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Livestream Twitch: I would like to know how I can show the audio of my party in the stream, in my lives, there is no audio from the COD players, or from my friends at the party, how do I get their audio out on the...
  9. Livestream to twitch from xbox one - still no audio solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Livestream to twitch from xbox one - still no audio solution?: So i have been recently trying to stream game play on twitch via my xbox one. I have checked and rechecked all my settings, but I still cant manage to get my GAME CHAT to be heard on my stream....
  10. Fortnite in game chat not being broadcasted on livestream (NO CAPTURE CARD)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite in game chat not being broadcasted on livestream (NO CAPTURE CARD): Hi, I´ve been streaming on fortnite for a while now, and ive always have had this problem, the game chat is not being broadcasted, i was another thread of the same problem but i think it hasnt...