Live works fine when wireless; doesn't connect with ethernet cable

Discus and support Live works fine when wireless; doesn't connect with ethernet cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I like having my ethernet cable plugged in for faster performance but as of today I have been getting the following message: "Content isn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x F u Z e, May 5, 2015.

1. x F u Z e
    x F u Z e Guest

So I like having my ethernet cable plugged in for faster performance but as of today I have been getting the following message:

"Content isn't available. It might be a temporary issue, so try checking again later. (0x876c001)"

When I unplug the wire, Live loads right up. I have my ethernet cable going into my Mac since the router is far away. Same way I had it with 360 and same way I've had it with my Xbox One since I got it (2 weeks ago) and haven't had problems. Anyone know
    whats going on?

I caught our bunnies chewing on the wire and they took off a little bit of insulation. Could the wire be damaged? When I look in my network settings Xbox One shows that I have a wired connection - I'm guessing if the wire was damaged the wired connection
    wouldn't even be detected, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

x F u Z e, May 5, 2015
  2. kinda of an odd thing here

At work I cant connect to xbox live using an Ethernet cable but I can connect wireless I want to connect with the Ethernet cable since my signal is ok now at home using the same xbox I can connect to xbox live just fine using an Ethernet cable the cable
    at works just fine ive used on my older xbox and laptop so I know its not the cable

KaosBerserker, May 5, 2015
  3. Xbox One Wireless Issue

I'm having the same problem,,will not let me connect internet works fine and if I plug in ethernet cable it works but refuses to connect to wireless????????

BonelessRelic58, May 5, 2015
  4. zanswer
    zanswer Guest

x F u Z e, yes, wire can be damaged. You could face situation, when TX work as expected, but RX not. So first of all, replace patch cord.

zanswer, May 5, 2015
  5. maxbirkimer Win User

my xbox will not connect to the Internet

on xbox one the error code "Teredo" comes up and when i check the Internet connection it say that the Internet is connected and it fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and using my Ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection and it doesn't work.
  6. BonelessRelic58 Win User

Xbox One Wireless Issue

I'm having the same problem,,will not let me connect internet works fine and if I plug in ethernet cable it works but refuses to connect to wireless????????
  7. YouDirtyCamper Win User

Disconnecting every thirty minutes, PLEASE HELP!

It works fine when connected with an ethernet cable directly to the modem.
  8. SourMercury751 Win User

Xbox Live cannot keep a connection

Check if Cable is loose (If connecting Wired), Or maybe restart your internet, as there is difference in ethernet connection and wireless connection, meaning sometimes ethernet works fine however, wireless may stop functioning.. if it solves by a restart,
    contact your ISP and tell them the problem, and maybe ask for a router replacement.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

disconnect from xbl whilst playing

[quote user="STEPHENCASEMORE"]problem does not happen when connected using a Ethernet cable.

[/quote]
    Since the issue doesn't occur when you connect with a Ethernet cable, perhaps you should change the wireless channel on your router. If there are other wireless signals nearby your connection could be overlapping with theirs causing you to drop out.
Thema:

1. Live works fine when wireless; doesn't connect with ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Live works fine

2. Live chat is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Live chat is not working: I have been trying to contact xbox support through live chat but whenever i get to speak to an agent it wont let me type anything therefore i cannot respond to the agents and i cannot sort out my...
  3. Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app: Basically the title. Xbox live parties do not work on PC (Windows 11) the first time. I have to go in and reset those two apps in order for them to work. All my privacy settings are correct....
  4. windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in: windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in worked fine 5 days ago fc43185f-1218-42bb-bd69-07d7b56643a2
  5. Why is Xbox Live network not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox Live network not working?: I have been playing the Witcher 2 lately and when I try to connect the emulator to the internet it gives me a connection error even though my Xbox is connected to the internet. Is there a fix for...
  6. Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...

in XBoX on Windows
    Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...: I just want to know because i don't want to get an invalid code e6a13e8f-4425-4700-a48e-cec3cc37798a
  7. Xbox 360 live not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 live not working?: I've been trying to play black ops 2 online but my it always says that I need to test my internet connection, which is already good. What do I do? 0ccd3d4a-e459-41eb-ab9b-27853325cad0
  8. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  9. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  10. I bought the Xbox live Cos $460 at gamestop. And I can't get to work on my t. V. Can you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the Xbox live Cos $460 at gamestop. And I can't get to work on my t. V. Can you...: I bought an Xbox live called at gamestop for $60. Can you help me set it up on my t vI bought an Xbox live called at gamestop for $60. Can you help me set it up on my t? V?...