Live TV killed my xbox one

Discus and support Live TV killed my xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using my xbox one all week to play games and watch netflix with no issue. My kinect was working fine, all voice commands worked properly,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZerroTol, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ZerroTol
    ZerroTol Guest

I have been using my xbox one all week to play games and watch netflix with no issue. My kinect was working fine, all voice commands worked properly, worked for DR3 and video chats. Today I decided to finally hook up the cable. I wired the HDMI cord from
    my cable box to the xbox. I went to TV to set it up and my TV was not in the list. I have a Westinghouse SK-32H640G 32" LCD HDTV. I chose to automatically configure it. While trying to automatically find the tv, the xbox froze. It wasn't loading or trying
    anything, it literally froze to the point where nothing was going on and the controller was not working. I waited about 15 minutes and nothing. I then tried using the console button to power it off which did not work. So, in order to turn it off I did a soft
    reset.

The xbox powered off and turned back on and kept freezing at the black screen with the xbox logo. I tried this numerous times waiting upward of 20 minutes and the same thing kept occurring. I searched for solutions online and found if people powered off,
    unhooked the kinect, and powered back on it would work. I gave this a try and got to xbox home. I shut down the system, plugged kinect back in, and powered it back on.

Even after , it's still freezing about 50% of the time on that black screen. The other 50% of the time, I can get to the home page, but when I try to log in manually or if the kinect sees me and tries to log in it freezes. I also noticed voice command no
    longer work. I went to System>Kinect to try to recalibrate. When it goes to check background noise, the system freezes again. I've also tried shutting it down, unplugging it, hitting the xbox power button for 10 seconds to drain power, and hooking it back
    up. It still has the same issues. Finally, I went to try the factory reset. I went to System> Factory Reset and NOTHING happens. It makes the clicking noise when I select it, but no warning message about resetting and it doesn't do anything. Trying to get
    TV working on my xbox one literally killed it. I'm bringing it back to the store tomorrow, but I'm concerned about getting a new one and trying to get live TV to work on it. Somehow, trying to hook live TV up completely destroyed the OS of my xbox one. Has
    this happened it anyone? I've heard of numerous other issues with hooking live TV up, but not this bad.

:)

ZerroTol, Jan 1, 2014
  2. TakenTripod
    TakenTripod Guest
    direct tv not working

Xbox One killed my Directv Genie box or my tv. Maybe not "killed" it, but the TV and/or the Directv box thought the XboxOne was an external recording device and now I can't watch TV through HDMI according to the Directv tech I spoke with.

TakenTripod, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Azzin
    Azzin Guest
    Azzin, Jan 1, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: