LIVE Gold gift to USA from Canada

Discus and support LIVE Gold gift to USA from Canada in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a LIVE Gold membership for a friend in the USA from Costco Canada and code was sent to me digitally. I was then told by someone that LIVE Gold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CROPO, Dec 28, 2017.

1. CROPO
    CROPO Guest

I bought a LIVE Gold membership for a friend in the USA from Costco Canada and code was sent to me digitally. I was then told by someone that LIVE Gold membership codes bought in Canada only work in Canada. But the code was redeemed fine on a USA account.

So are they region locked or are they not? Do some codes work and some not?

:)

CROPO, Dec 28, 2017
  2. ZippyYeti040
    ZippyYeti040 Guest
    changing regions

my last Xbox live account was set up under USA. my gold member ship has exspired and i would like to set up another gold supscription but i live in Canada. how do i change the information on the old account from USA to Canada?

ZippyYeti040, Dec 28, 2017
  3. roseybjb
    roseybjb Guest
    about xbox one

I just bought an xbox one from the USA and my account is for Canada which kind of xbox one gift cards will I be able to buy? Canadian ones since my account is in Canada?

roseybjb, Dec 28, 2017
  4. ngocphi Win User

My gifted redeem code doesn't work!

Is it from the same region as you?

Gifting is region locked so if it's from USA but you are in Canada it won't work
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Gifting games from Canada to usa

No in there almost certainly won’t be. There are various licenses, rights, and regulations about such international transactions. Your best bet is to simply use Amazon to send them a gift card
  6. Omar_0001 Win User

I cannot download games off Xbox.com/Xbox Live store on my Xbox 360 console with Microsoft Account funds.

What you did there is definitely not the solution. Did you change your LIVE region? If you did so, then you'll be facing many troubles in purchasing stuff on the Xbox Store. I did the same mistake, and I regret it. If you want to have full LIVE experience,
    it's better to keep your account's region matching your physical one. The currencies are region locked. Meaning for example, you can't buy a gift code from Canada, and redeem it on a USA account, and a USA console. Because these are different currencies, you
    can't use Canadian dollars to purchase stuff in the USA.
  7. DanielaMMdmm Win User

Gifts?!?!?!

I also received a gift from a friend. I live in Brazil, and my friend in USA. I can not redeem my gifts.
  8. Master JD Win User

I cant redeem my Xbox Live Gold card

I got an Xbox Live Gold card as a gift from a family member living in Canada while i live in Morocco.When i tried to redeem it it said that i cannot redeem it since it was purchased in a different region. What should i do??
    Hi, unfortunately gifting is region locked as you have discovered. The best advice is to contact https://support.xbox.com.
Thema:

1. LIVE Gold gift to USA from Canada - Similar Threads - LIVE Gold gift

2. How can I get back my money buying Xbox live gold instead of Xbox gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back my money buying Xbox live gold instead of Xbox gift card: How can I get back my money buying Xbox live gold instead of Xbox gift card eb3fbbf0-9a7b-46be-b0ce-779f3ba225c2
  3. after i redeem my gift carda xbox live in my xbox 360 gold it's giving the error 8c15009

in XBoX on Consoles
    after i redeem my gift carda xbox live in my xbox 360 gold it's giving the error 8c15009: after i redeem my gift carda xbox live in my xbox 360 gold it's giving the error 8c15009 95f3cd48-b755-40d8-a10f-001ef444bb57
  4. My son cancelled Xbox Live Gold 12 month Gift Card

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son cancelled Xbox Live Gold 12 month Gift Card: When I click the resubscribe button, the screen takes me back to redeem code and I can't reuse the redeem code. I just purchased it a week ago. Can anyone help me on how to resubscribe using the...
  5. Do Xbox Live Gold Gift Codes Expire ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Xbox Live Gold Gift Codes Expire ?: I want to make 3-year gamepass ultimate so in order to do that I want to purchase 6x 6-months live gold gift codes. Here is the issue starts, I already have 5 months of gamepass ultimate, so if I...
  6. can i buy xbox live gold with gift card money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i buy xbox live gold with gift card money: am i able to buy xbox live gold with a 50 pound gift card if i bought it e2526b8a-11f8-4b5f-900a-171f7ca11997
  7. Redeeming Xbox Live gold Gift card error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming Xbox Live gold Gift card error.: Hi, I purchased the Xbox Live gold Gift card in India but it says I can only redeem it in the UK. Could anyone please help me with this! bc2c17e1-c03f-44cd-96a7-2ff8bac9c5b7
  8. unable to redeem 6 month xbox live gold gift card (in India)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    unable to redeem 6 month xbox live gold gift card (in India): Hello to all ! I am very new to Xbox gaming. I recently purchased Xbox Series X in India and decided to stack 36 month gift card to convert it later into ultimate. The gift card was purchased...
  9. Xbox live gold gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold gift card: Hi i just put in my xbox live gift card into my xbox. When this happened instead of xbox live gold it gave my xbox game pass. I want my xbox luvw gold instead of xbox game lass ultimate....
  10. xbox live gold gift card exchange

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox live gold gift card exchange: My son got xbox live gift cards for xmas but he already has a membership and wants to exchange them for a gift card to buy stuff how can we do that cecbf7a0-750c-429d-a6ad-8755d142b689