Listen to voice messages on other devices than your console???

Discus and support Listen to voice messages on other devices than your console??? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why is it not possible to listen to voice messages on other devices anymore? When will this be fixed? 8d29e486-9b9e-4dcd-b0e0-68feee714703 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RinMaRi3, Jan 5, 2018.

1. RinMaRi3
    RinMaRi3 Guest

Why is it not possible to listen to voice messages on other devices anymore? When will this be fixed?

:)

RinMaRi3, Jan 5, 2018
  2. Party Chat and Voice messages

I would like see the ability to send and receive voice messages return for the X1; it's so much easier than typing. If you don't want to listen to voice messages from strangers (like squeaky voiced kids accusing you of cheating) then just don't listen to
    them.

Vicious Possum, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    O Voice Messaging, Where Art Thou?

I agree with @Unreal - voice messages are inconvenient unless they can be listened to on all devices/web site etc. Which is why I think MS should just ensure Skype is integrated properly and seamlessly into the Xbox world so we can use that instead (rather
    than reinventing the wheel).

Satsumo, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Vicious Possum Win User

Party Chat and Voice messages

I would like see the ability to send and receive voice messages return for the X1; it's so much easier than typing. If you don't want to listen to voice messages from strangers (like squeaky voiced kids accusing you of cheating) then just don't listen to
    them.
  5. smileskybird Win User

we need voicemail

No Geek, its considered the same. Voice messages and voice mail. When you listen to voice messages, The Xbox 360's Dashboard (UI/OS) brings up a small box titled Voice Mail and you listen to the voice messages. All Xbox 1 consoles have the same audio codec.
    Xbox 360 has VARIETY in ways you can send messages across Xbox Live. Xbox 1 only has ONE way to send voice messages across Xbox Live, and it's only via TXT. I'd consider going to the official Xbox feedback site. I voice message with MANY peps and friends across
    Xbox Live. IT BRINGS MORE LIFE TO A MESSAGE than just TXT.
  6. Arminator Win User

Chat to headset through external DAC

According to your photos, you set up the settings in the Xbox correctly.

Under "Display & Sound" you set that party chat goes to headset and speakers, which is correct, and SHOULD in theory provide chat voice to be audible.

And since you say your voice message was recorded indicated by the bars of the recording, your CTIA headset adapter is also the correct one.

It MIGHT be, that pre-listening to a voice message will send the voice of your message to the headset irregardless of the party chat setting over speakers and headset. But I have to check that on my console later this week. Currently, private matters keep
    me more busy than I'd like.

The only thing I can currently say is, that your setup is correct and your settings are fine.

You SHOULD be able to hear game sound and OTHERS through your headphones, and others should be able to hear you speaking.
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Communication

In order to test if this is an account, network or hardware related problem, do the following:

Open the messages tab in the Guide and compose a new message.

Instead of typing, press the Microphone icon and talk into your headset. This should create a voice message that you can listen to afterwards before you send it off.

You don't have to send the message, but are you able to listen to your own voice of that voice message?

If you are not able to listen to it, check if the headset works on other controllers, or if different headsets (don't) work on the same controller.

Also make sure that in the settings tab, that you have your headset and game volume set properly.

Then while in party chat, check that you didn't accidentally muted the chat with the X button on the controller.
  8. Luis Gutiérrez Fuen Win User

Switching from Family Plan to regular Gold

I will recommend trying this directly in the console, because sometimes the features of the console are not the same as the Xbox.com features; for example, listen to voice messages.
Thema:

1. Listen to voice messages on other devices than your console??? - Similar Threads - Listen voice messages

2. Listen to your feedback …………………..

in XboX Insiders
    Listen to your feedback …………………..: Put back ‘Friends in games’ ya fuckin idiots submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox problems reported but does anyone listen: I have reported issues for the last several builds which only seems to fall on deaf ears. Is there anyway to see status of issues raised ? Even went as far as trying to communicate with someone...
  4. YT music so I can listen to it while I play

in XboX Insiders
    YT music so I can listen to it while I play: I need a yt music app on my Xbox submitted by /u/wurmEmpire [link] [comments]
  5. I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox: I can't log into my new apple music account to listening to music through the app on my Xbox, keeps saying login failed, it's the right details I'm putting in. I can log into this account fine...
  6. Playing geometry dash and listening to some songs

in XboX Insiders
    Playing geometry dash and listening to some songs: (: submitted by /u/Comprehensive_Ear507 [link] [comments]
  7. Could the app Musi be added to xbox soon i want to listen to my playlist while playing my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Could the app Musi be added to xbox soon i want to listen to my playlist while playing my...: i want the app Musi to be added to xbox so then i can listen to music while playing a game and not dealing with ads or missing songs 1cf137b2-e3e8-4982-922d-4d520581649c
  8. Well I love gamepass 'cause I can listen to YouTube on the background on my phone, what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well I love gamepass 'cause I can listen to YouTube on the background on my phone, what...: Just wondering why YouTube won't run audio during game play on the Xbox one. Been running cloud games on my phone and it's pretty low end (Motorola Power 2022) and love streaming YouTube mixes in...
  9. What’s the point of weekly requests if they aren’t going to listen to them?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the point of weekly requests if they aren’t going to listen to them?: I’ve seen the same repeated requests for months less ads,usb audio support,how long to beat in the store etc submitted by /u/GLxYxSnIpEd [link] [comments]
  10. I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't send or listen to voice messages. Whenever I record a voice message but the buttons...: Can't listen to voice messages or send them either is greyed out or says try again ee272ee9-ea21-4f63-bab3-456747c0a9ee