Liscense Transfering Problem

Discus and support Liscense Transfering Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was liscense transferring games onto my Xbox 360 from another account and encountered a problem. I have never liscense transfered before so I though... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ok Retro, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ok Retro
    ok Retro Guest

I was liscense transferring games onto my Xbox 360 from another account and encountered a problem. I have never liscense transfered before so I though I should click the button that said listened transfer under the account settings. When it did, it said nothing
    was in the pending list to liscense transfer so I clicked "A" which at the bottom of the screen said doing that would "liscense transfer" thinking that it would allow me to choose what I wanted to transfer. In doing so it liscense transfered nothing and now
    I have wait 4 months to try again. Is there any way to do it again? If not Microsoft really should fix the problem.

:)

ok Retro, Jun 20, 2017
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Liscense transfer problem

Yes, change your password. He will be prompted to enter the password next time the tag logs in.

Also, it is against the ToU and CoC of the Live service to give access to your gamertag to someone else. Be very careful in the future as it could lead to the gamertag being banned from the service.

onyxishere, Jun 20, 2017
  3. End Justice
    End Justice Guest

I set my friends Xbox as my home Xbox and he did the same so we could share games. He let someone else liscense transfer, provoking my liscense. I talked to him about it and he's just not cooperating. I'm wondering how I could make it so he can't use the
    Destiny DLC he got off me? Also he has my account on his profile, if I change my password will he not be able to sign in and just set it as his home Xbox again? And I've used up all 3 set as home Xbox this year already.

End Justice, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

First try redownloading a game and playing offline or on a second account. If that works, then the license transfer works. When you click the license transfer it doesn't bring up a list or automatically start downloading games. It literally does just transfer
    the licenses. You have to go through and redownload any/all of the games you're trying to play.

If it's still not working, you'll want to contact support and see if they can do a manual transfer. There is no guarantee that they will though. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, Jun 20, 2017
  5. onyxishere Win User

Yes, change your password. He will be prompted to enter the password next time the tag logs in.

Also, it is against the ToU and CoC of the Live service to give access to your gamertag to someone else. Be very careful in the future as it could lead to the gamertag being banned from the service.
  6. Smwutches Win User

First try redownloading a game and playing offline or on a second account. If that works, then the license transfer works. When you click the license transfer it doesn't bring up a list or automatically start downloading games. It literally does just transfer
    the licenses. You have to go through and redownload any/all of the games you're trying to play.

If it's still not working, you'll want to contact support and see if they can do a manual transfer. There is no guarantee that they will though. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. PwnageTacoz12 Win User

"Your account has been signed in elsewhere, you have been disconnected"

the way you people share liscense transfer etc im not surprized youre having this problem now. gl with that tho!
  8. Smwutches Win User

liscense transfers

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but license transfers should only be used to transfer your licenses between consoles that you are using. License transfers are not to be used as a way of sharing games. That is considered marketplace theft and can
    result in you being banned.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Liscense Transfer

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. If you leave the console as the Home console for the old account, you can still access the games on a new account.
Thema:

1. Liscense Transfering Problem - Similar Threads - Liscense Transfering Problem

2. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  3. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  4. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  5. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  6. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  7. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  8. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  9. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  10. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...