Lip Sync Delay using TV option and digital sound

Discus and support Lip Sync Delay using TV option and digital sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What is the solution to fix the lip sync delay when using the Xbox One TV option? Turning off surround sound is not an option! (why would you?), nor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lawstar 1958, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Lawstar 1958
    Lawstar 1958 Guest

What is the solution to fix the lip sync delay when using the Xbox One TV option?

Turning off surround sound is not an option! (why would you?), nor is buying a Xbox Two ...

Set up on Xbox One is cable box, to Xbox, to AVR.

Sound is set to surround sound, with the option of bit stream selected. doesn't matter what option of digital type is selected, the delay is always present.

Same results with 5.1 and 7.1 selected. This really needs to be addressed and patched correctly. Looking forward to the correct answer.

:)

Lawstar 1958, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Erno15
    Erno15 Guest
    no 5.1 via optical

Hi there,

If you go to the sound options, select the bitstream option, and then Dolby Digital. You can choose Dolby Digital or DTS, which both gives 5.1, but I found Dolby Digital is the better option for sound and lip sync. The optical cable can only handle PCM Uncompressed
    stereo, but like I said, you can select bitstream and Dolby Digital.

Hope this helps.

Erno15, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Panayis
    Panayis Guest
    Xbox One Blu-Ray Lip Sync Problems

I just tried by blu-ray drive on my new Xbox One last night after reported hardware faults.

Drive worked smoothly.

Blu-ray's played with very bad lip sync. I played a few... Inglorious Basterds was one. All had the same problem.

When I went back to the home screen (and the movie was in the small home preview window) the lip sync issue vanished and it was playing perfectly in sync.. go back to full screen and immediate lip sync problems.

My TV is a Pioneer Kuro Plasma.. All processing is turned off on the TV.

My Receiver is a Denon AVR 2000 series.

I've never had to perform any sort of audio delay from my satellite tv receiver or blu-ray player or my PS3 before (all of which go through the receiver using HDMI), so I think the delay is definitely with the xbox one app.

24 frames set, 36 bit colour depth, full RGB colour range.

I tried with 5.1 output, 7.1 output ad DTS output.. all had the same problem.

I also noticed pixelation when using HDMI passthrough for 1080i TV signals, enough that I'm not passing through TV until Sky gets integrated into the OneGuide in the UK.

Panayis, Feb 10, 2016
  4. DJ Morpheus
    DJ Morpheus Guest

Hi Lip Sync Delay using TV option and digital sound :).

I have no sync issues with my setup, have you tried the settings on your sound equipment (if you use a separate amplifier)? Mine has separate options for A/V sync, which can cause problems if it's set wrong.

Kind regards.

DJM.

DJ Morpheus, Mar 6, 2016
  5. DJ Morpheus Win User

Hi :).

I have no sync issues with my setup, have you tried the settings on your sound equipment (if you use a separate amplifier)? Mine has separate options for A/V sync, which can cause problems if it's set wrong.

Kind regards.

DJM.
  6. Erno15 Win User

no 5.1 via optical

Hi there,

If you go to the sound options, select the bitstream option, and then Dolby Digital. You can choose Dolby Digital or DTS, which both gives 5.1, but I found Dolby Digital is the better option for sound and lip sync. The optical cable can only handle PCM Uncompressed
    stereo, but like I said, you can select bitstream and Dolby Digital.

Hope this helps.
  7. Farscape247 Win User

Lip sync issue with blu ray app

2 options for you

try a different cable as the tv might not be liking the cable

go to setting on the tv and go to audio, look for av sync and adjust to your liking

are you getting the lip sync issue from the tv speaker or ar you going to the tv and then the av unit from the tv to get surround sound, if so you will need to adjust the sync on the av unit also.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X Audio settings - stereo uncompressed or bitstream

...would I get any issues with my video quality and Lip sync issues?
    Since HDMI is a digital connection, there is no signal degradation. As long as the sound bar is compatible with the desired video mode (e.g. 4K HDR10) you will see no difference in video quality.

Regarding Lip Sync issues, it also depends on the functionality of the soundbar. The technical specifications of the soundbar list the feature of syncing video and audio. But it doesn't mention how it is achieved. Does it only work via ARC? Does the TV have
    to support lip sync?

So, I'd suggest you just try it out. If you notice issues, contact the TV and soundbar maker if they have a solution for that (e.g. updated firmware etc.)

If you notice no difference, then all is well.
  9. angadzinger Win User

Dolby Digital Audio Delay

I am using a surround sound system, hence the Dolby digital query. Regarding it being a TCL problem, everything else works fine, but the moment you switch to Xbox for Dolby digital gaming, it introduces a voice delay, so it doesn't seem to be a TV issue.

Also, the tv does have a sound delay option, but even that isn't good enough to fix the problem completely.
Thema:

1. Lip Sync Delay using TV option and digital sound - Similar Threads - Lip Sync Delay

2. Blu Ray Lip sync issues Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray Lip sync issues Series X: Anyone else having Lip Sync issues on a series x connected to a home theater system? I have mine connected to a Yamaha Rx-V683 system and I get pretty bad sync issues when playing a Blu Ray disc....
  3. Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lip Sync issue on Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X and Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC: Hi guys I need your help as this is driving me crazy at the moment :D I have a Lip Sync issue with my Xbox one X configured in Atmos and my Sasmung HW-Q90R soundbar, both connected via HDMI ARC...
  4. Rage 2 audio and lip sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rage 2 audio and lip sync: So i was just wondering if anyone has noticed the npc lip sync in rage 2 yet i have it on the xbox and my mate on the ps4 and we both noticed the same issues. When your talking to npc's in the...
  5. Lip sync off tv and films rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lip sync off tv and films rented movie: I rented a movie off the films and tv section and the lip sync is way off tried restarting and everything I could think of nothing seems to work 4162abb3-94c8-429e-af17-04f3f5cc4e12
  6. Lip Sync in DVD player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lip Sync in DVD player: I bought an Xbox on 18th November 2015. I have had an issue with it playing DVDs where the audio is out of sync and its always done this, however has I very rarely use it as a dvd player I did...
  7. Lip Sync Audio/Video Issue (Help!)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lip Sync Audio/Video Issue (Help!): **** I'm a relatively new Xbox One owner, and not sure what the proper way to fix this problem, so I thought I would post. I currently have my Xbox One attached to my HiSense Smart TV via an HDMI...
  8. Lip Sync Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lip Sync Issue: Hello, I'm a relatively new Xbox One owner, and not sure what the proper way to fix this problem, so I thought I would post. I currently have my Xbox One attached to my Smart TV via an HDMI...
  9. So, does Microsoft even PLAN on fixing the lip sync issues? It sure doesn't seem like it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, does Microsoft even PLAN on fixing the lip sync issues? It sure doesn't seem like it.: It's been months since I (and plenty of other people) started having lip sync issues with the video being ahead of audio. It happens when using the Blue Ray player and it when you use the...
  10. XBOX One S Audio Lag / Lip sync issue when playing Blu-ray and DVD movies...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S Audio Lag / Lip sync issue when playing Blu-ray and DVD movies...: Here we go again... I've exhausted almost all my options but I desperately need feedback from the community so this can be resolved... I purchased the new Battlefield 1 Special Edition XBOX One S...