Linksys Linksys EA6500: Xbox One Unable to Connect to Wireless Network

Discus and support Linksys Linksys EA6500: Xbox One Unable to Connect to Wireless Network in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Xbox One Unable to Connect to Wireless Network Hello, I recently got a new network plan, and was given a new... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DookieDonkey, Dec 25, 2017.

1. DookieDonkey
    DookieDonkey Guest

Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Xbox One Unable to Connect to Wireless Network
    Hello,

I recently got a new network plan, and was given a new network, a new router, a new everything. Day 1 was ok–my xbox one was connected and everything went smoothly. Then, for no apparent reason, my xbox was not connected on day 2 and I haven't been able
    to connect to my wifi ever since.

This is what I've known so far from trial-and-error:

- I have tried hard resetting the xbox, unplugging then plugging in the router and xbox.

- I have tried using an ethernet cable (this works but I am trying to get a wireless connection)

- I have tried using my mobile phone's hotspot and xbox had no problems connecting to my phone's hotspot.

- All other devices in my household (phones, laptops, ipads) have no problems connecting to my wifi

- I have turned off all security preferences from my wifi.

- I have verified that the network password is indeed correct.

- No mac addresses are banned by my router.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It puzzles me how I have no problems connecting via ethernet cable, and my xbox is also able to connect to another network, yet I can't seem to get my xbox to connect to my wifi wirelessly.

Thanks,

Davis

:)

DookieDonkey, Dec 25, 2017
  2. Linksys Linksys EA6500: Linksys EA7500 - Xbox one will not connect

Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Linksys EA7500 - Xbox one will not connect
    Chose EA6500 because the &%)) is not available on the website to choose. How is it possible that this is the 7th post about the Linksys EA7500 router and Support can't tell anyone why the xbox one won't connect?

killzoneQal232, Dec 25, 2017
  3. sethcav
    sethcav Guest
    Linksys Linksys EA6500: Xbox One "Can't Connect to Wireless Network" on New Linksys Router

Linksys (Routers) Linksys EA6500: Xbox One "Can't Connect to Wireless Network" on New Linksys Router
    Hello there I had the exact same issue with the exact same router about a month ago. Everything was working fine except the Xbox. After some research I found out the the issue was that Linksys released a firmware update that, for some reason, made it incompatible
    with the Xbox. So I simply reverted back to an older version of the router firmware and it worked fine again. However, I'm still unsure as to whether or not Microsoft/Linksys has resolved this issue.

sethcav, Dec 25, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: