Linking my son's account to my live account

Discus and support Linking my son's account to my live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has an xbox account which he has used regularly but recently it keeps asking him to sign in using his email address and password. Once we've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHRI5P80, Feb 16, 2014.

1. CHRI5P80
    CHRI5P80 Guest

My son has an xbox account which he has used regularly but recently it keeps asking him to sign in using his email address and password. Once we've done this it then says we need to sign in at xbox,com before he can use his profile (code 83118853)

I then log in using my email address and get presented with a page that says "Let your child use a Microsoft account?". When I click "Yes" I get a message saying "We were unable to sign you in. Your account is missing a full name or date of birth. Visit
    account.live.com to update the required information, then try again." When I follow the link my name and date of birth are already present

I have tried this with 2 different live accounts and get the same message each time. This is very frustrating for my son as he has a lot of saved games under his profile that he currently can't access

:)

CHRI5P80, Feb 16, 2014
  2. thaat_dudde
    thaat_dudde Guest
    Ea Access Question

I have two different account on my Xbox one for me and one for my son. If I got ea access on one of the accounts could the other account play those games.

thaat_dudde, Feb 16, 2014
  3. ishtarbgl
    ishtarbgl Guest
    Is Split Screen and Multi-Player across different consoles possible?

Yes! Your scenario above is exactly what they hope for, but it would all be using Xbox 360 consoles (I'm not sure if that makes a difference). Each console does have a separate copy of the game.

I think each person does have an Xbox live account. I'm really unclear how Xbox live works even though I know I'm paying for it for my Son. Is the Xbox Live account attached to a specific account or is it attached to a specific console?

ishtarbgl, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: