Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile

Discus and support Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to create an XBox Live profile today and realized that I had already created one a couple of years ago for a Batman game I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TwelfthPiano09, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile

Hello,

I was trying to create an XBox Live profile today and realized that I had already created one a couple of years ago for a Batman game I purchased through Steam on PC and forgotten about it.

A few months ago I acquired a used XBox 360 from a friend and set up an offline profile. I recently purchased GTA V, made progress in story mode under the offline profile and now want set up Rockstar Social Club for GTA V Online which requires an XBox Live
    account.

So far I am not able to sort out how I can accomplish this or if its even possible.

Can I link my existing XBox Live profile to the offline profile that has my saved GTA V progress? I'm new to Xbox 360 so all of this is kind of confusing so far and I can't seem to find the steps to do so in the XBox 360 menus.

:)

TwelfthPiano09, Feb 18, 2017
  2. leebroath
    leebroath Guest
    Accounts ?

I just did this today with my offline partners profile which was on my own Gold account (360 ) Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile :)

You need to use a 24hr, 2 day, 7day pass and create an xbox live account for each of them, then port them across

leebroath, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Uhhh.. Actually, i cannot figure out where to delete that old profile. it still comes up when i try logging into a Xbox 360 Live game.

ClassicGaming89, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Sorry, but it's not possible to merge accounts and nothing can be transferred between accounts.

Smwutches, Feb 18, 2017
  5. WPAK Win User

Can't pair my son's 360 profile to the Xbox Live account I created online.

Hi there,

does your son already have an 'offline' account on the console? Or is it a completely new xbox live account for your son, which you want to 'place' on the console?

If it is the second situation please follow the steps on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../download-your-xbox-live-profile-to-another-360-console

If it is the 1st then you won't be able to merge that new xbox live account and that offline account, the only thing you can do is to 'promote' that offline account to an xbox live account via the steps here (it requires a new MS account):

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag
  6. Jhonkito Win User

XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

Hi Sara, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Unfortunately, it's not possible to directly link an existing offline Xbox 360 profile to a new or existing Xbox Live account used with a different profile. There are limitations around merging accounts or transferring save data between them.

However, there are still a couple of options you can explore:

Create a New Live Profile for the Offline Profile:

Sign out of your current Live account on the Xbox 360.

Sign in to the offline profile you want to connect to Live.

Go to Settings > Profile > Join Xbox Live.
    Create a new Microsoft account (email and password) or use a different existing account not associated with any other Xbox Live profiles.

This will create a new online profile for your old offline profile, but your achievements, save data, and progress won't be transferred.

Transfer Save Data (Limited Compatibility):

This won't link the profiles, but it can salvage some progress.

Check if the game you played offline supports Xbox Live storage.

Certain games allow uploading save data from an offline profile to the cloud if you connect to Live with a new profile.

Once uploaded, you can access the save data from your new online profile.

However, this depends on individual game functionality and might not be available for all games.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Sorry, but it's not possible to merge accounts and nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  8. WPAK Win User

HELP!!!

Hi there,

only one xbox live account can be connected to a specific Microsoft Account, so if you want to 'upgrade' an offline profile to a xbox live account you will need to use a Microsoft Account that doesn't have an xbox live account already connected.

So if you don't have an Microsoft Account without an Xbox live account connected you will need to create a new Microsoft Account if you want to 'upgrade' that offline profile.

Just to be sure this is the link with the steps on how to create a Xbox live account from an offline profile:

9. WPAK Win User

join existing local profile to existing live account?

Hi there,

-

No, you can't merge a local profile with an already existing Xbox Live account, it is only possible to 'upgrade' that local profile to a new Xbox Live account. If you want to do that see the steps on this link:

Thema:

1. Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile - Similar Threads - Link old Live

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  6. So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...: So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then put my email and link my new acc...
  7. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  8. I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...: I can't log into my live account please help me 5b35fe63-136a-419d-ae01-9acf4628016a
  9. I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.: Hey, I really want to not connect my old account to my PlayStation. Or delete by any chance to put my new Microsoft account onto Minecraft. By any chance y’all can do that? My PlayStation user is...
  10. My home computer is using an old email address that is also linked to my xbox. I want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home computer is using an old email address that is also linked to my xbox. I want to...: My home computer is linked to my old email address. I want my family to still use that old email login to sign into the home computer but I want my xbox to be separate from that old email and to...