Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads

Discus and support Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out how to put a bandwidth cap on any updates/downloads within the xbox app on PC. I know it uses delivery optimization service... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChickenBiskets, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads

I'm trying to figure out how to put a bandwidth cap on any updates/downloads within the xbox app on PC. I know it uses delivery optimization service and currently have an absolute bandwidth limit of 10 Mbps for foreground and background downloads within the advanced options for delivery optimization, but when I go to run a download for any game in the xbox app it STILL consumes literally every bit of bandwidth available on my network. Does anyone know how I can limit the bandwidth? It's completely unacceptable for the app to consume that much bandwidth and there really needs to be something built within the app (like every single other PC gaming store) to specifically set download bandwidth limits.

:)

ChickenBiskets, Oct 19, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CHICKENBISKETS

Is this the thing that you did, right?
    https://windowsloop.com/limit-xbox-game-pass-fo...

If yes, may I know if you can try to reset and repair the Xbox app via Windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.
    After that, click repair and then reset
    Restart the PC and check again

**This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, I'm glad to know that the tool can solve the problem

But if possible I'd like that you try the two solutions above, just to cover everything from your side

In any case, please report this problem to Microsoft, in case there is a bug with the feature applied to the Xbox app

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...
  4. ChickenBiskets Win User

Netlimiter worked quite well. actually a really useful tool i had no idea existed. was able to manually set a bandwidth limit directly to the host process through netlimiter. Thanks for the help!
  5. ChickenBiskets Win User

I'll give netlimiter a shot. Currently running on the most recent windows update (windows 11) and not running on insider preview. Everything is currently up to date.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Just to confirm, are you not using an insider build in your PC / are you not part of the windows gaming program available in the Insider Hub app?

If not, your Windows and apps are up to date?
    Right now it seems that the feature is not working as expected for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/cdc6...

If you try testing the NetLimiter tool as advised from other users in the subreddit. It works for you? (It's optional)

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads - Similar Threads - Limit bandwidth consumption

2. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  3. How do I increase my xbox message limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I increase my xbox message limit: How do I increase my xbox message limit Ive never had a issue with it before but now I cant message friends at all, I have no Parental controls it just says "Messages cant be sent" This is the...
  4. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  5. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  6. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  7. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  8. Bandwidth limit while playing

in XboX Insiders
    Bandwidth limit while playing: So, I have a suggestion. I downloaded RE4 (which is a complete single player game and isn't required internet connection in order to play). I decided to download another game and continue playing...
  9. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?: I have used Xbox Live for about a decade now and this has never been an issue before. Upon moving out of my family's home and attempting to use our Xbox subscription to play online on my secondary...
  10. Twitch App needs ability where we can set our own "Bandwidth" limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch App needs ability where we can set our own "Bandwidth" limit: I am a regular twitch broadcaster, but i have to say im dissapointed with the fact that with the twitch app you cant set your own bandwidth, and i have to keep clicking "Get reccomendation" until...