LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I...

Discus and support LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm reading some comments here and in "OLED Gaming" about Dolby Vision being clearly superior. Better colors, better brightness, etc. But isn't this a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/viniciusrsouza, May 22, 2021.

1. LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I...

I'm reading some comments here and in "OLED Gaming" about Dolby Vision being clearly superior. Better colors, better brightness, etc. But isn't this a kind of placebo felling?!

I'm almost sure it's related to be using 60 Hz again, since it has a slightly better image quality when compared to 120 Hz, where it's possible to notice much more banding, for example.

What are you thoughts?

submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza
    [link] [comments]

/u/viniciusrsouza, May 22, 2021
  2. ALUCARD360 Win User

OLED77CXPUA, XBOX ONE X, and Dolby Vision

I figured it out just in case if anyone has this issue with any LG CX and maybe GX model. If your Xbox is saying Dolby Vision is not supported on your CX. Go into the settings and Turn off AMD Freesync in the TV settings. This setting comes turned on by
    default and make the XBOX say your TV does not support Dolby Vision.
  3. Chris Sercombe Win User

HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping on xbox series x

Thx for reply, i will try a few things, i have since read, to turn on HGIG on my LG CX TV, then do the hdr calibration on the xbox series x.
  4. EricCarpenter3 Win User

OLED77CXPUA, XBOX ONE X, and Dolby Vision

I figured it out just in case if anyone has this issue with any LG CX and maybe GX model. If your Xbox is saying Dolby Vision is not supported on your CX. Go into the settings and Turn off AMD Freesync in the TV settings. This setting comes turned
    on by default and make the XBOX say your TV does not support Dolby Vision.
    I came here looking for an answer to this, but it can’t be to turn off AMD Freesync. Thats a headline feature of using the CX with a XBox One S or X (or the series X coming out).
  5. Marcos Erro Young Win User

I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

Yes my tv has everything for gaming ...game mode , dolby vision, hdr, hgig , allm, etc,etc......the only problem i have is with HDR app in the console, i have it set at 0, 700,700 nits manually pressing 4 shoulder buttons of the controler but i can still see the checker board step 2 a 3 i have to go all the way up too 1250 nits for the checkerboard to dissapear, too much for my tv......and yes, im using the original cable of the console and hgig.....i think the HDR calibrator doesnt work prppelly with the LG NANO90 with hgig and is supossed to be their top LCD 4k tv of 2020, its not cheap tv......allso everything is updated latest firmware, console XSX and TV but i allso read that happened when Dolby Vision was implemented in the Xbox, ive tried disabeled but makes no difference....thank you anyway
  6. TheBigRigatoni Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Any new update on this situation. I have an LG CX hooked up to a Samsung Q90r soundbar. If the Xbox is set to Dolby Atmos there is a noticeable delay. Unfortunately on the LG OLED and the soundbar you can not reduce the audio delay so you can only further increase it. However if I choose 7.1 uncompressed I have no issues.
Thema:

LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I...

1. LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I... - Similar Threads - notice Dolby Vision

2. Are there anybody who noticed server issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there anybody who noticed server issues?: Hi, When I try to make the daily challenges or try to go to auctions it says the Forza 5 servers are not working try again later. 2a51a3f4-c505-491c-8f16-62891e22afd1
  3. It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that: Why does it say I’m suspended 5eba4a90-622b-4058-96df-0bec399b10bb
  4. Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?: I'm noticing issues mainly in Forza and call of duty. It almost looks like I have a terrible connection and the details of the map don't want to render completely, it's like playing on below 720p...
  5. Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactivity Notice: Your PC Game Pass membership appears inactive?: I've received this email: We noticed your PC Game Pass membership has been inactive for the past 12 months. We want to make sure you take full advantage of your membership and not pay for...
  6. I mainly played madden 24 but been noticing and reporting a lot of cheaters. Anyone else?

in XBoX on Windows
    I mainly played madden 24 but been noticing and reporting a lot of cheaters. Anyone else?: I mainly play madden 24 or ufc 5 online and I've been noticing a lot of cheaters. I report them but I still don't see a difference I still deal with a cheater every game or every other game....
  7. Anyone else noticing that Achievements are not showing on some games?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else noticing that Achievements are not showing on some games?: When I hit the Xbox button on my controller and go to the Achievements tab, my games have been saying “Achievements aren’t supported” and when I click on that it’ll say “This game doesn’t have...
  8. How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...: I want to get my kid a xbox again but don't like that they can private message in private chat so we can't see any suggestions help. Thanks 2a3ebfb4-e715-4baf-bc86-34805dc01d16
  9. Hello I have noticed that when I join an Xbox party on the mobile app (because I don't have...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello I have noticed that when I join an Xbox party on the mobile app (because I don't have...: So far I have tried to turn the sound up and down, to mute for a long period of time, to restart the app, and to leave and rejoin the party. But none of it has worked, so I don't know if it is a...
  10. Anyone notice xbox has been slacking 2023 hoilday we have nothing cool look forward too...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone notice xbox has been slacking 2023 hoilday we have nothing cool look forward too...: Why is PlayStation getting all cool hoilday things and has nothing cool like vr or earbuds no portal no cool headsets what a joke Xbox submitted by /u/Complex-Morning-5204 [link]...