Left trigger acts as both triggers

Discus and support Left trigger acts as both triggers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired controller, when I push the left trigger it gives a right trigger input 70% of the time and a left trigger input sometimes. I looked at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lian Bemis, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Lian Bemis
    Lian Bemis Guest

I have a wired controller, when I push the left trigger it gives a right trigger input 70% of the time and a left trigger input sometimes. I looked at the controller test page and the left trigger pops up when pressed but then switches to right almost immediately. The right trigger works fine its just the left one.

:)

Lian Bemis, Jul 29, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Lian, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I understand you’re having some trouble when trying to use your controller. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

What controller brand and model is the one you have?
    Is this occurring or PC or Xbox? If you’re on a PC, are you running Windows 10 or 11?

What procedures you tried to fix this problem prior to your post creation?
  3. Lian Bemis Win User

It's a wired Xbox 1 controller
  4. codey strong Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller

Tried and it made no difference, issue is with controller I believe as when I use left analog stick forward with my trigger stops engaged it will act as if I’m pulling the left trigger
  5. MUPokerPlayer Win User

Xbox One Day One Controller-broken left bumper

Pressing my left trigger results in both left trigger action and right trigger action. Playing COD and bringing up my sights with left trigger results in me bringing up my sights and shooting at the same time. What a pain.
  6. TheRipper890 Win User

Issues with Xbox One Accessories App

I have done more testing, and it seems the issue is with the triggers. I prefer immediate response, so i have the triggers deadzones both set at 0-1, when i do this and try to assign a spot, the left trigger becomes 0-51, right trigger stays 0-1. If i change
    the left trigger to be higher than 0-1, when assigned to a spot, the new config compensates. For example, if i make both triggers 0-5, when assigned, the left trigger becomes 0-55. So when assigned, there must be a glitch where the left trigger immediately
    adds 50 for some reason, must be a glitch in the coding or something. If it helps, i also switch the functions of my bumpers and my triggers around, so i can tap fire using the bumpers, and i set the triggers to 0-1 so that when i use those functions i'm not
    required to press the triggers in as much.

I have made a configuration like the one i have said before (triggers and bumpers switched, triggers both at 0-1, 2 paddle functions as well), i went to edit one today when it started having the issues i stated above. I deleted all of my configurations to
    see if it was an issue with the controller having access to too many configurations, but nothing changed. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Left trigger acts as both triggers - Similar Threads - Left trigger acts

2. My left trigger doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn't work: I just replaced my shell for my elite series 2 controller since the original broke and ever since I put the new one on the left trigger won't activate at all when it's on the lowest click thing. I...
  3. Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers occasionally don't detect left trigger: Simple issue If u press the right trigger and left trigger at the same time the left trigger doesn't register maybe 1 in every 10 times sure it's rare but it's annoying it's existed literally...
  4. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da
  5. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  6. LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on Xbox Series Controller: Hi, I need help with this, no matter what I do LEFT/RIGHT triggers always pressed on my Xbox Series Controller aa38d959-03ea-4297-9cc9-d5264f1adc9b
  7. My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn’t work on my Elite Series 2 Controller.: I bought my Elite Series 2 controller and since I bought it whenever I set my left trigger to the shortest pull it doesn’t work. But when I set it the longest pull or in the middle it works, is...
  8. Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Right and left triggers on my xbox controller will move my mouse curser right and left: I have tried the fix in this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-on-windows-10/b0400895-3ae0-449e-8b34-e227d3cc201b I have also tried other...
  9. xbox series x controller left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x controller left trigger: i have been looking for this solution and i couldnt find anything for it. everytime i put the batteries in (specifically the positive or the top battery) the left trigger gets sticky and weird. i...
  10. My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly: When I turn it the left stick moves slowly if turned up normal speed all other directions and it's easy to move just the input. 162f878c-95d2-47eb-b806-6d5a2fc7e922