Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2

Discus and support Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PepeMz, Oct 26, 2023.

1. PepeMz
    PepeMz Guest

Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I do?

:)

PepeMz, Oct 26, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello PepeMz, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

These glitches can be a little frustrating

First connect the controller to your Xbox console or PC and check if firmware updates are available. If an update is available, follow the instructions to update the controller firmware. Firmware updates can fix compatibility issues and improve controller performance.

Then clean the joystick Sometimes the buildup of dirt, dust, or debris can affect the performance of the joystick. Use compressed air or a cotton swab lightly moistened with ********* alcohol to gently clean around the joystick and remove any dirt or debris that may be present.

Finally, calibrate the controller, try calibrating the controller in Xbox settings. Go to Settings > Devices and accessories > Your controller > Configure > Calibrate. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the controller joysticks.
    Calibration can help correct problems with incorrect response or lack of registration.

Best regards.
  3. David Wirsching Win User

If none of the above has worked then I recommend you request a controller repair, to do this I recommend you request the repair directly with the Xbox repair team, to do so go to this link: support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  4. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

xbox one elite controller

My first elite controller broke in the first week, the left thumbstick internal snapped, hopefully the series 2 controller is good
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  6. FulmetalChemist Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
Thema:

1. Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2 - Similar Threads - Left Thumbstick registering

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  5. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  6. Left thumbstick not clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left thumbstick not clicking: When pressing down to sprint, I came to the realization that my thumbstick doesn’t click, like at all, I use a Scuf Instinct Pro but scuf has no wish to help. Suggestions?...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  8. Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak: Hello! I just got an elite 2 core as a birthday gift and while checking it out I notice the removable thumbstick magnet is much stronger on the right thumbstick while the left one is barely...
  9. My left thumbstick is grinding when pushed around the outer axis.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left thumbstick is grinding when pushed around the outer axis.: I just had to replace the potentiometer on my series 2 elite controller to fix the common stick drift issue. After struggling but successfully screwing the thumbstick cap back on at the correct...
  10. Left Thumbstick Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick Issue: When I click down on my left thumbstick, I hear the click, but it doesn’t do anything in game. My character will not sprint. Sometimes it will activate after pressing really hard. Is there any way...