Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One

Discus and support Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a new XBOX One just to play Left 4 Dead 2 a few months back. I use the backwards compatible physical disk version of the game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Don Malone_421, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One

Hello,

I purchased a new XBOX One just to play Left 4 Dead 2 a few months back. I use the backwards compatible physical disk version of the game. There is always an extreme amount of lag in online multiplayer. The best connections I have ever seen are two players
    with green bars and six with yellow bars, and even then the lag is insane. Connections are typically much worse, and other peoples connections seem to degrade right after I join. I play from the southeastern US.

Separately, I can only hear voice chat once in a blue moon. In the rare games where I CAN hear a player speaking, they cyclically fade in and out from no sound -> buzzing noise -> clear voice -> buzzing noise -> no sound. Happens over and over. No other
    games have these issues.

I spent a fortune just to play an nearly 11 year old game, and so far it has been all but unplayable. If anyone has troubleshooting ideas beyond what I listed below or similar experiences to share I would be very grateful for input!

So far I have tried:

Every combination of removing, redownloading, and signing in/out of multiple accounts from both the XBOX 360 and XBOX One interfaces while deleting cloud data, clearing local Xbox One and Xbox 360 stored data, reinstalling the game, factory resetting and
    power cycling the console, playing without signing into XBOX 360 cloud, connecting via ethernet and wifi, running all network diagnostics in settings, resetting my router, refreshing NAT type (its always "open"), removing and reinserting the game disk, and
    changing every sound, voice, and performance setting in both the XBOX One and XBOX 360 interfaces.

:)

Don Malone_421, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Pandasaur cx Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 download issue.

3. DrifterX22 Win User

How to buy Left 4 Dead 2 and play on Xbox One!!

4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Can you play Left 4 Dead 1 & Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox One Or Can the game only be played on Xbox 360 ?

5. Erneezy Win User

Backwards Compatible Disc Games - Lag Every 15 Minutes

I also am having issues playing disc-based left for dead 2 offline co-op on Xbox one. SEVERE lag to the point of unplayability whenever lots of zombies come on screen.
  6. Fire mar bill Win User

What are some good online co-op games?

Left 4 dead

Left 4 dead 2

Borderlands

Dead Island
Thema:

Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One

1. Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One - Similar Threads - Left Dead extreme

2. How to buy left 4 dead 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to buy left 4 dead 2: I wanna play left 4 dead 2 and have fun but it says "currently unavailable" I would like to know if there's a new method to buy it or if it's not downloadable anymore....
  3. How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my Xbox one to read and install Left For Dead 2 ?: I purchased Left for Dead 2 and have not been able to install or get any response from 2 Xbox ones. I have tried the different methods and suggestions by the support. Unfortunately nothing has...
  4. If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?: I am wondering because I am planning to purchase this in the near future. [img] If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?...
  5. I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?: I been wanting left 4 dead for awhile now an can't get it because it's no longer available in the Microsoft store how would I be able to get the game is it possible?...
  6. I’m central U.S and it won’t let me purchase the game Left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m central U.S and it won’t let me purchase the game Left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2: so when i go to Microsoft/xbox store the buy button doesn’t pop up and if it does it says it unavailable but i live in the US i should be able to buy the game right also im unable to purchase the...
  7. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  8. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  9. How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 digitally in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I buy Left 4 Dead 2 digitally in 2023?: When I go to the Xbox 360 Marketplace it doesn’t show a price or buy button. 803780be-b5c5-42c3-9262-fe63080e6751
  10. Left 4 dead 2 achivements

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Left 4 dead 2 achivements: I to am having trouble with left 4 dead 2 game itself says i unlocked them but my profile hasen't updated the achivment info 1b8c408b-8bfb-4767-b921-477924a451cc