Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

Discus and support Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Regardless of what the case may be, I think it still needs to be fixed - if it's not taking up the main window/tile, it shouldn't count towards your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EnenDaveyBoy, Mar 18, 2014.

  1. Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?


    Regardless of what the case may be, I think it still needs to be fixed - if it's not taking up the main window/tile, it shouldn't count towards your time...
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 26, 2014
    #16
  2. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?
     
    iBakez, Mar 26, 2014
    #17
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I remember a friend saying to me .... "Wow Lofty, 77 hours on Thief" ... No-more than 15 hours so far lol
     
    Lofty Who, Mar 26, 2014
    #18
  4. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    forums.xbox.com/.../1718250.aspx

    [Mod Edit: The threads have been merged.]
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Mar 26, 2014
    #19
  5. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    I remember being amazed that I'd played "Dead Or Alive 2" on the Dreamcast for a day. Like 24 hours worth of play in the total time that I owned it.

    My romps in "Titanfall" have smashed this and it's only been released for a couple of weeks.
     
    Azrael008uk, Mar 26, 2014
    #20
  6. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Did a quick search and couldn't a similar thread. I noticed with a couple games that the hours played is WAY out of whack. For instance Forza 5 states I have over 220 hours played and one of my friends has like 48 hours; he plays more than I do! Anyone else
    noticed this?

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Mar 26, 2014
    #21
  7. DrSuzy5
    DrSuzy5 Guest
    How do I find these stats? I checked them about a year ago but wanted to check again and can't find them anymore.
     
    DrSuzy5, Aug 27, 2014
    #22
  8. Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    Suzy, I just went to find what you were talking about and it's under your friends list when you compare games with them. Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times? ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    #23
  9. Dynamic Sausage Win User

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    I heard that if you don't fully close the app when you're done the time will keep on racking up. There's a bit of speculation as to whether or not 'Instant On' mode all leaves the app running, we'll have to wait for some solid confirmation on that.

    In case anybody is unaware, you can properly close your app by selecting it on the home screen, hitting the menu button (start) and then selecting "Quit" from the mini-menu that appears. This is the same for all games and apps alike.
  10. tohellnbak Win User

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    when you open a game.. it closes a previous game... you cannot have 2 games "running" that is why you will loose a previous location if you switch between games... seems like you are able to have up to 3 apps open.. so essentially you can have a game open,
    netflix open, Hulu Open (both counting time used at same time) and friends open (which is why sometimes when you check... you will see last item was 2 hours ago, close the app and reopen it will start at the top instead of waiting 20 minutes to watch every
    friends notification detail pop up)
  11. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    now I am not on my xbox I am not sure lol, if you go to someone elses profile, there is a compare games section which shows you your time and their time. (i guess if you got to your profile you will see the time)

    I can understand if your still actively using your xbox and haven't quit the program, but surely in standby it should stop the time.

    Not a massive issue just was curious if this was the case.
  12. Galactic Geek Win User

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    Suzy, I just went to find what you were talking about and it's under your friends list when you compare games with them. ;)
  13. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

    forums.xbox.com/.../1718250.aspx

    [Mod Edit: The threads have been merged.]
Thema:

Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times?

Loading...
  1. Leaving your xbox one on instant on, does it affect your game times? - Similar Threads - Leaving instant does

  2. Leaving the insider beta preview

    in XboX Insiders
    Leaving the insider beta preview: If I wanted to leave the beta preview right now would it make me do a factory refresh my party's are bugging and the new features aren't important enough for me to sacrifice actually playing games...
  3. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  4. Will I lose my Xbox insider-related profile badges if I leave the Xbox Insider program...

    in XboX Insiders
    Will I lose my Xbox insider-related profile badges if I leave the Xbox Insider program...: I have been in the alpha skip-ahead tier since nearly the inception of the program. However, I am facing what can only be described as catastrophic data loss for all Xbox 360 related progression,...
  5. Discord fails to disconnect upon clicking "Leave" in Guide.

    in XboX Insiders
    Discord fails to disconnect upon clicking "Leave" in Guide.: On my Xbox Series X, I was in a Discord call for about 30 minutes. I was watching a friend's stream. Everyone left the call. I was the first to leave. I left manually by clicking "Leave" in the...
  6. I am on insider on my xbox one x since 2021 and now I can't leave

    in XboX Insiders
    I am on insider on my xbox one x since 2021 and now I can't leave: Hello, My Xbox One X has been stuck running Insider Omega builds (xb_flt) continuously since 2 September 2021, when it first received an Insider update. Every system update since then has been an...
  7. Xbox Party Bug: Randomly Disconnects Me Even Though I Didn’t Leave

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party Bug: Randomly Disconnects Me Even Though I Didn’t Leave: Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but lately there’s been this super annoying bug where I’ll be in an Xbox party with friends, and all of a sudden I get disconnected — but I never...
  8. When I'm in a party Xbox acts like I'm not in a party. I have to leave the party and rejoin.

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I'm in a party Xbox acts like I'm not in a party. I have to leave the party and rejoin.: I will be in a party with friends and Xbox will act like I’m not in the party when I am won’t say disconnected and shows me still in the party. So I have to constantly leave the party and rejoin....
  9. Leave games permanently on the Cloud gaming service

    in XboX Insiders
    Leave games permanently on the Cloud gaming service: Hi, my name is Emanuele and I'm from Italy. Lately I've been using your cloud gaming service, and I find it really useful, especially for those like me who can't afford an xbox to play their...
  10. How can i leave a family group when the organization account is loss?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i leave a family group when the organization account is loss?: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I am currently experiencing an issue with my Microsoft account. Account email: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** My account...