Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

Discus and support Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pookgg, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Pookgg
    Pookgg Guest

This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely cuts out. It is fixed immediately as soon as I close the game.

I've tried verifying the Steam install files, uninstalling and reinstalling Steam, updating drivers, deleting basically all extra sound software (I was using Voicemeeter Potato and Razer Synapse). I've tried going through the Steam community forums, I'm at a complete loss here.

:)

Pookgg, Mar 6, 2024
  2. ChaoticLlama42 Win User

game shortcuts on gamebar on windows

more like my games and apps but can launch games without having to open steam or epic etc and find the game and launch it instead just press windows + G and then launch a game straight from there
  3. ngocphi Win User

Exchange Microsoft Store Version of Forza Horizon 4 for Steam Version

You can install xbox games for Windows 10 titles in the xbox app and you can launch from the same client just like steam

This allows you to use cloud saves etc
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

You can always try UWPHook which is a free tool that adds all the windows store and gamepass games into the steam launcher and then you can use launch options in steam to manually adjust the screen size etc, i had to do this for the odd game, not sure it works on all though.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

hey! can i add forza horizon 5 on steam from microsoft store?

I believe the TC is trying to add The Windows App version of FH5 to the Steam launcher as a none steam game. This isn't possible.

Unfortunately due to the DRM the Xbox App installed games still use, it's not possible to add these games to your Steam launcher as none steam games.

GoG Galaxy does allow you to add games from any PC launcher, including the games from the Windows Xbox App.

If you want to stream the Xbox App version of FH5 via steam, you should still be able to by this by launching Steam in Big Picture mode and then minimising to the desktop.

On the other hand if your question was about transferring the game from Windows to Steam then that's not possible. If you want to own FH5 on Steam, you'll need to buy the Steam version.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox live with a Dualshock

UWP Hook is a simple free little application, when you run it, it adds all the installed gamepass and windows store games into steam, you can launch the games from steam, this may let you use the controller config from steam to allow use of the controller.
Thema:

1. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc. - Similar Threads - Launching Steam games

2. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  3. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 not Launching through steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 not Launching through steam.: Forza Horizon 4 won't launch through steam and is not visible in the xbox app in installed games. The game wont launch and gets stuck at the splash screen and eats up the ram then crashes along...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 does not launch properly (Steam)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 does not launch properly (Steam): Hello everyone! I can't play FH5 due to the game does not launch properly. Everything was fine with the game, but suddenly it stopped launching. I am playing on Steam version. When i hit the...
  6. Forza Won't Launch (On Steam)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Won't Launch (On Steam): Hello, my game randomly stopped working, my direct X and everything is fine, The game was fine just a couple of days ago and i didn't do anything to the files nor change any settings in my pc but...
  7. EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error: I have this EA game "It Takes Two" installed on Steam, and till date, have logged 13 hours on the game, with no issues before. Just recently, every time I launch the game, it gives me the...
  8. Gear 5 won't launch from Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gear 5 won't launch from Steam: I bought the game on Steam some time ago - finally got a new GPU. Updated my drivers. Game installed through steam but it will not launch at all. I see the first screen that is EasyCheat...
  9. Destiny 2 will launch on Steam but not Windows Xbox application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 will launch on Steam but not Windows Xbox application: Today, I wiped my computer clean with a fresh install of Windows 11. Now, I cannot get Destiny 2 to launch using the Xbox app on a PC with Windows 11. The Destiny 2 splash screen comes up, but I...
  10. I downloaded a game through Steam but want to launch it through GamePass, possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    I downloaded a game through Steam but want to launch it through GamePass, possible?: Alright, so, I bought Final Fantasy XV on-sale from Steam today, not knowing that it's on GamePass, which I currently have a subscription too. My plan is to refund the game on Steam and just play...