Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

Discus and support Launch Xbox Series X shutting off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Wall1, Jun 26, 2024 at 1:33 AM.

1. Justin Wall1
    Justin Wall1 Guest

I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game. Majority done during multiplayer matches on COD but has also in NHl. I’ve tried factory reset and the issue persists. I’ve cleared the cache and turned off automatic shut downs as well.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Note: it’s sporadic, I can go through a game and it not happen then one day it can happen 2-3 times a gameplay.

It’s in a vented area and doesn’t appear to over heat and is also clean

:)

Justin Wall1, Jun 26, 2024 at 1:33 AM
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Justin, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

If even after a system reset the issue persisted, it seems to be a hardware problem.

It can be overheating, power supply failure, memory issues, etc. Sadly, no software troubleshooting will be able to fix that.

I recommend you submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. Justin Wall1 Win User

Hi,

I was hoping it was a fix. It’s not quite worth the repair cost. Probably best to buy another one when the bigger hard drive model is released.
  4. Mikey86uk Win User

Xbox Series X randomly turning off.

Non of those steps suggested helped and it’s just shut off again.

The console was a launch day series x so no warranty.

It’s frustrating that I have to spend £250 on a console that seems to have a widespread issue. RROD all over again!
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Series X shutting off

Hello there @SNX1881, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. SNX1881 Win User

Series X shutting off

Hello I have tried all the steps and nothing has fixed the problem. Are there anymore troubleshooting tips?
Thema:

1. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off - Similar Threads - Launch Series shutting

2. When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...: When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix the problem. (0x80073d0f) and I can’t access my profile home or my games and apps...
  3. How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my physical copy of starfield not launching on my Xbox series x?: I have both a brand new Xbox series x and a brand new physical copy of starfield, and after installing the game I tried launching it only for it to try and take me to the store, that’s all it does...
  4. Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X: I have reinstalled the game and it is still greying out before crashing. Over 20 attempts, each crashing. Why is my xbox series x crashing while booting fortnite?...
  5. Xbox series x game launching bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x game launching bug: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox series x, but something is wrong with it. When I try to launch some games (e.g. Hitman, Fortnite, Slime rancher 2) The console attempts to launch the game, then...
  6. FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x: When I download FM24 from game pass it won’t load the game keeps asking to insert a disc 57a516ce-7d27-4882-8e85-5b80624341fd
  7. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X: I’d like help with an issue I’m having, I bought a new Xbox series X yesterday and I got MK1 today, when I tried launching MK1 the game just closes. After trying a few things nothing worked and...
  10. Launch series x issue with lg oled tvs

in XboX Insiders
    Launch series x issue with lg oled tvs: Anyone know if there is any kind of bug fix for the issue? For those unaware if you have a launch series x and lg oled tv the series x wont display anything but 640x480 without powering off and...