Latest system update killed my XBox One, can anything be done?

Discus and support Latest system update killed my XBox One, can anything be done? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night I turned by Xbox One on for the first time in over a week. There was a new system update (OS 10.0.22000.4970) that needed installing so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alpha Slaybot, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Latest system update killed my XBox One, can anything be done?

Last night I turned by Xbox One on for the first time in over a week. There was a new system update (OS 10.0.22000.4970) that needed installing so I started it off and left the room to do some jobs.
    When I returned 20 minutes later the Xbox was off and completely unresponsive. The power brick has a solid orange light but the console wont even begin to start up.

After searching online for some fixes I tried completely unplugging everything, left it a while and tried to start up from a different power source, but nothing.
    This morning I tried ringing support but I was told that the XBox One is now so old that it is out of warranty and can't even be fixed by Microsoft themselves, I would have to pay to have it checked over by a third party.
    I was told there is a chance that the XBox was so old it couldn't cope with the system update. I am furious at this as there was absolutely nothing wrong with the console until I was forced into doing an update that I have now been told was likely incompatible with my console. I mean, is there not a way that the auto update can check if the console is suitable to be updated or not?

It seems Microsoft has basically broken my XBox remotely but wont even attempt to repair it and will do nothing about compensating. Has anyone any suggestions about what could be done?

:)

Alpha Slaybot, Jun 30, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Latest system update killed my XBox One, can anything be done?