LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

Discus and support LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It dosn't matter if it's a second option it would cut retail software sales. They are not stupid they are not going to help somebody cut there profit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skorch D62, Mar 10, 2014.

  1. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014


    It dosn't matter if it's a second option it would cut retail software sales. They are not stupid they are not going to help somebody cut there profit in any way.

    If they are going to hurt sales for companys like WalMart or try to close companys like Gamestop they are not going to get any help from them. they would not stock the console unless they paid them too.
     
    bstn617, Mar 10, 2014
    #16
  2. I already have an Xbox One, which means these rumors don't concern me at all...
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 10, 2014
    #17
  3. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="Skorch D62"]

    Rumor has it that there will be an Xbox One without a Blu-ray player.

    Microsoft,

    I feel this is a very bad move if you are seriously considering this.

    [/quote]

    Now it's hard not to be condescending here since Microsoft's games play on Blue Ray discs now.

    This is like complaining because you heard that Microsoft was going to release a Solar Flashlight.

    You should know better.
     
    Azrael008uk, Mar 10, 2014
    #18
  4. bbarley
    bbarley Guest

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    The blueray drive won't go away until after microsoft can sell digital games cheaper then hard copy. Right now, there is no incentive to buy a digital copy (other then family share) over a hard copy. While in the past, you could play the game off a cdrom,
    it was noisy (like a jet engine in my room every time I loaded a new map or something). Sure, you could either spend the time to download the game, or install it from the rom, but you had the option. Now, you have to install to the hard drive, which I've
    found to take on average about 40 minutes or so. It still takes longer to download the game. And while it is convenient not having to have a disc in the drive, it's not enough to entice me to buy the digital version. When you add to that that the cost is
    the same for digital vs retail, it's not worth it. When Microsoft finally goes the route of steam with pricing, then it will be a no brainer.
     
    bbarley, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. bbarley Win User

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    The blueray drive won't go away until after microsoft can sell digital games cheaper then hard copy. Right now, there is no incentive to buy a digital copy (other then family share) over a hard copy. While in the past, you could play the game off a cdrom,
    it was noisy (like a jet engine in my room every time I loaded a new map or something). Sure, you could either spend the time to download the game, or install it from the rom, but you had the option. Now, you have to install to the hard drive, which I've
    found to take on average about 40 minutes or so. It still takes longer to download the game. And while it is convenient not having to have a disc in the drive, it's not enough to entice me to buy the digital version. When you add to that that the cost is
    the same for digital vs retail, it's not worth it. When Microsoft finally goes the route of steam with pricing, then it will be a no brainer.
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    times are a changing...maybe time for an internet upgrade?
  7. eryoung Win User

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    Good god I hope they don't go with digital only, my wife and I don't have broadband for internet, just have wifi (Verizon mifi) its good enough to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime. We are grandfathered in to there old plan of unlimited data. But it would
    take days to download a 32-40 gig game!!!!
  8. eviltedi Win User

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    I know people that would be a happy with digital only version, I wouldn't, but there are some, but, as mentioned it's a rumour that was false, or seems to be.
  9. tohellnbak Win User

    LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

    rumor is 2 months old...and already has been proven false..
Thema:

LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014

Loading...
  1. LATEST RUMORS AS OF 03/2014 - Similar Threads - LATEST RUMORS 2014

  2. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  3. issue with latest alpha skip builds

    in XboX Insiders
    issue with latest alpha skip builds: When turning on xbox series x it becomes sluggish and then eventually goes to a black screen then restarts then its perfectly fine tell the next time I shut it down I'm in energy mode as well it's...
  4. Xbox series X can't update after latest insider update

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X can't update after latest insider update: I today applied for the new xbox insider update, it crashed mid way not being able to connect to Internet i guess I did all trouble shooting, factory reset, installing osu1 2 and 3 (2 and 3...
  5. Alpha skip latest update. Possible issues.

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip latest update. Possible issues.: Is anyone else currently having issues? Been running into not being able to open any games or apps. Along with navigating menus where its stuck on profile and systems and can't switch over....
  6. Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition cool animation removed with latest Update

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition cool animation removed with latest Update: the new xbox logo update on the project Scorpio edition console removed the cool animation when powering on. the latest update removed it and only has the new logo now. this seems like a issue....
  7. Is anyone on the alpha skip ahead ring having major problems with the latest update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone on the alpha skip ahead ring having major problems with the latest update?: I keep running into the issue of not being able to play games. I am using an Xbox series S in the alpha skip ahead ring. For more details, here is a link to my question on the update post...
  8. Help for people looking for the latest Xbox Features

    in XboX Insiders
    Help for people looking for the latest Xbox Features: Hey! A lot of new people are looking for help on how to get access to the latest Xbox Features! Let me see if I can't help a bit for newer people. First, I'd like to explain how Xbox Insiders...
  9. Anyone else getting weird file paths since the latest update? is this a known bug or a...

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting weird file paths since the latest update? is this a known bug or a...: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed that since the latest beta update, a bunch of file and directory paths are suddenly visible in the UI that definitely weren't there before. It appears on all my PCs...
  10. Series S: Blurry movement / motion smear across ALL games + UI after latest Xbox update

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S: Blurry movement / motion smear across ALL games + UI after latest Xbox update: After last week’s Xbox update, my Series S suddenly has a weird blurry / smeary look anytime anything moves. This is NOT motion blur from games — it happens even in the Xbox dashboard and settings...