Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox

Discus and support Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023 OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000) Shell Version:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RickNore, Oct 8, 2023.

1. /u/RickNore
    /u/RickNore Guest

My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023

OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000)

Shell Version: 2309.0.2309.18001

I believe I am part of the Omega ring.

The first time I played after the update was applied was 5 October. Starfield started crashing and then shutting off the console. Thought it might just be Starfiled. So I tried some more games. All of them started crashing to the home screen within 5-15 minutes of playing, and often times completely shutting down the console. It's been doing this for days now.

Potential fixes I've tried so far:

• Making sure console is properly vented
    • Hard reboots
    • Reinstalling games
    • Factory reset (multiple times)
    • Plugged into power strip, plugged directly into wall outlet, different outlets
    • Offline System Update with OSU1 (This seem to fail since I am on a future build and I can't be downgraded to the latest public build.)

Has anybody encountered similar issues with this build?

I'm completely lost as to what to try next. Is it possible to somehow switch Preview builds? Is it better to just un-enroll from the Insider Program and try to wait for the next public build to update my system?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated here. Thanks!

submitted by /u/RickNore
    [link] [comments]

/u/RickNore, Oct 8, 2023
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Bought Carmageddon Max Damage, but my friend with my Home Xbox, with shared account can't see the game, must buy it again to play

Hi, if your Xbox is using the preview update and your friends Xbox isn't and you purchased the game from the store on the preview Xbox that is one of the quirks of using the preview.

Games purchased on a system using the preview are not available on a system not using the preview. That will be changed once the update is released publicly.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…

• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.

• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.

• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Purchased game unable to download on home console

Hi, is the Xbox you originally purchased the game on a part of the latest preview update and the other Xbox isn't ?

There is a known issue regarding this situation.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…

• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.

• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
  4. HeedlessCow3963 Win User

Memory error: 0-1766

This same memory error is happening, starting after the last warzone update, the game crashes and returns to the home menu, or no xbox home menu and even shuts down the xbox a few times
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Inside won't let me download again

Hi, is the Xbox you used to purchase the game using the preview update and the other Xbox isn't ? There are issues with games etc that are purchased on a system that is using the preview not being available on a system that isn't using the preview update..

6. pawncrackers Win User

Xbox One turns off The.

Hi there,

Can I ask if your console is a part of the Xbox Insider Program? If so, there have been some reports that certain functions, like simply playing a game, can cause your Xbox to shut down/crash. Please see either of these pages for more info:

Preview Alpha Ring (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1911\18363.8030.190911-1945)

Preview Beta Ring (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1910\18363.7162.190913-1945)

Taken from the Known Issues/System section:

"System:

Some users have reported the console shutting down unexpectedly while using Netflix.

Some users have reported the console shutting down while playing games.

Note: The console may take longer to reboot/shut down than normal. This is expected behaviour, please do not power off the console manually. There is essential information being collected to investigate the cause of the issue."

You can also follow
    Brad Rossetti on Twitter
    , for other updates.

Hope this helps,

L
Thema:

1. Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox - Similar Threads - Latest Preview Update

2. Under Manage, why doesn't the Xbox Insider hub reflect the latest versions of previews...

in XboX Insiders
    Under Manage, why doesn't the Xbox Insider hub reflect the latest versions of previews...: Specifically, the Omega version still is 2306 in the Manage section of the hub and not 2308 as posted here. It hasn't been updated for a few weeks if not months on the hub. submitted by...
  3. Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?

in XboX Insiders
    Why wasn't the latest Beta preview update release notes posted on Reddit yesterday?: I check this site everyday for new update releases so it can be manually installed before I play. Today I discovered an update was automatically installed at 8.55am yesterday 17-5-2023. This...
  4. The Mist Stirs – Join the Valheim Public Test to Preview of the Latest Biome!

in XboX Insiders
    The Mist Stirs – Join the Valheim Public Test to Preview of the Latest Biome!: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  5. Latest Delta Preview Build not installing

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Delta Preview Build not installing: Trying to install the latest update for my console and it moving pretty and when it starts to verify the update it stops then start saying i should check my network and my network is very much...
  6. Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC (Latest Preview) Advanced Installation Feature Bug: I recently made custom folder for game installation after enabling the 'Advanced installation' new feature. I was told from the current issue exists in this latest preview is that the app cannot...
  7. No headset audio in latest preview ring Beta

in XboX Insiders
    No headset audio in latest preview ring Beta: After updating my console, my headset no longer has any audio coming through it. I can hear the audio of the console starting up but once it gets to the home screen the audio stops. It says the...
  8. Remote Play Features Broke With Latest Preview Build

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Features Broke With Latest Preview Build: So since installing the latest preview build on two different consoles in my home that are both Xbox One X's remote play features do not work. Ring: Alpha Skip Ahead Console: Xbox One X Build:...
  9. How can I downgrade from the insider preview to the latest official released

in XboX Insiders
    How can I downgrade from the insider preview to the latest official released: Hi, I just got my Xbox back from repair and they did a factory reset. I tried to do an offline update but that didnt work either. I have the following error codes: 80072F8f,00000000, 00000201. Can...
  10. Anyone else having strange audio issues after latest preview update on one x?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having strange audio issues after latest preview update on one x?: Hey all, I was starting to get worried that my new Sony 900h was glitching out. After some playing with the xbox and tv I have concluded that it is in fact the xbox. Not only is the OS on the One...