Latest Patch to Minecraft Bedrock (Switch lite) broke wireless controllers

Discus and support Latest Patch to Minecraft Bedrock (Switch lite) broke wireless controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, yesterday I got a patch for minecraft bedrock on my switch lite and I'm nearly always using my wireless controller for it, however after the patch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KianMcWolfy, Nov 1, 2019.

1. KianMcWolfy
    KianMcWolfy Guest

Hey, yesterday I got a patch for minecraft bedrock on my switch lite and I'm nearly always using my wireless controller for it, however after the patch soon as I boot into the game it turns off my controller and I tried loading a world, when I tried to
    turn on the controller it told me too remove the joycons.... but.... I'm on a switch lite... with no joycons? it said something about split screen too but my issue is I just wanna play with my controller, I've been trying to contact support but the pages are
    so unhelpful and don't have switch minecraft listed even though it's what I was told to do on the switch's help section. just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it's been made aware of? thanks.

:)

KianMcWolfy, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Devgameing Win User

Hi KianMcWolfy have you tried looking on the
    Minecraft forums
    to see if anyone else has the same issue as you.
  3. Tony Deno Win User

Minecraft dosent work

Thank you for your time, I play bedrock Minecraft on my Nintendo switch lite.
  4. dempup Win User

Minecraft Nintendo Switch Lite.

Hi Z.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. I would recommend going to https://www.minecraftforum.net for information and questions regarding Minecraft.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Can I somehow play Minecraft with an Xbox 360 remote on my laptop

Is this the Bedrock edition of Minecraft you're trying to play, or is this the Java edition? Those would be different solutions to get the controller to work.

I'm understanding your setup is a PC with Xbox 360 wireless controller receiver, an Xbox 360 controller, and Minecraft. The controller is working for other titles on the PC, but not so in Minecraft, correct? I am GUESSING that it's the Java version, because
    I do know that the Bedrock edition has built in controller support. The Java edition would require additional mods to make it work, and if so, I would recommend reviewing the Official Minecraft forums for the best solutions that have mods from a trustworthy
    site.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Controller not working on Minecraft Bedrock on PC

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Check controller settings in Minecraft: Open Minecraft and go to the settings menu. Make sure the controller settings are correctly configured for your Xbox controller. You can also try resetting the controller settings to default and then reconfiguring them.

Update the game: Ensure that you have the latest version of Minecraft Bedrock installed on your PC. Developers often release updates that can include bug fixes and improved controller support.

Update the controller firmware: Connect your Xbox controller to your PC using a USB cable and check if there are any available firmware updates for the controller. You can do this through the Xbox Accessories app, which you can download from the Microsoft Store.

Update your PC's drivers: Ensure that your PC has the latest drivers installed for your Xbox controller. You can either manually update the drivers through the Device Manager or use the Xbox Accessories app mentioned earlier, as it can also update controller drivers.

Test the controller with other games: Try using your Xbox controller with other games on your PC to see if the issue is specific to Minecraft Bedrock. If the controller works fine with other games, then the problem may be related to Minecraft itself.

Reinstall Minecraft: If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft Bedrock on your PC. This can help resolve any software-related problems that may be causing the controller issues.
Thema:

1. Latest Patch to Minecraft Bedrock (Switch lite) broke wireless controllers - Similar Threads - Latest Patch Minecraft

2. Cities Skylines 2 has no latest patch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cities Skylines 2 has no latest patch: Hi there, The game wasn't updating the patch released 5 days ago (1.0.11f1) and still on the launch version (1.0.9f1). This is very frustrating as the patch is fixing serious performance and bugs...
  3. They bricked Starfield on GamePass with the latest patch. How do we get a refund, this was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    They bricked Starfield on GamePass with the latest patch. How do we get a refund, this was...: Title explains it, this game was working perfectly until the forced patch. Now the game will not launch, I've tried every recommended fix, even downloaded a second time only to get the same...
  4. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep crashing on my PC? How can I download the latest update patch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep crashing on my PC? How can I download the latest update patch?: So I signed up for a one month trial of Xbox Game Pass yesterday and downloaded Forza Horizon 4 to play on my Lenovo Ideacentre 510s Desktop PC. My PC has Windows 10, 8GB RAM, a 3.6GHz Intel Core...
  5. Why fs 2020 easily crash after latest patch

in XBoX on Windows
    Why fs 2020 easily crash after latest patch: Hi All I got fs2020 easily crash after latest patch (downloaded yesterday 1-10-2020). My pc is Ryzen 5 3600x Win 10 Home 64 bit Video Card Radeon RX5600XT. when i tune heading or other...
  6. Startup issue after latest patch (alpha)

in XboX Insiders
    Startup issue after latest patch (alpha): Console is set to instant on, whenever I start it up get stuck on a black screen until I press the home button on my controller. This brings me to the main menu, but the controller doesn’t respond...
  7. Issues with The Orange Box after latest patch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with The Orange Box after latest patch: Hello, after the nost recent patch for the orange box which was thought to be the usual emulator uodates there are these lines everywhere across the textures of the ground and buildings, its most...
  8. Xbox Game Pass Ark Survival Evolved not updating to latest patch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ark Survival Evolved not updating to latest patch: Hello, on Friday the 19th Ark Survival Evolved had a patch with added the latest map Valguero to it. This update appears on Xbox and the server I play on updated to it. But I am not seeing the...
  9. Dead Rising 4 crashes by 2500 kills in chapter 5 after latest patch and/or stocking stuff dlc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Rising 4 crashes by 2500 kills in chapter 5 after latest patch and/or stocking stuff dlc.: Been working on trails for 250k kills; Doing loops of old town , or the church area with exo/vacuum upgrade. Zombie crowds aren't always respawning even after checkpoint reached comes up, this...
  10. Latest AoE: CS Patch Xbox Privacy 'Bug' Hides Last Login Time in Game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Latest AoE: CS Patch Xbox Privacy 'Bug' Hides Last Login Time in Game.: The recently released Patch 1.18 for Age of Empires: Castle Siege contains a 'bug', for want of a better description, that is causing a considerable number of alliance admins quite a headache....