Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems

Discus and support Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm an XBOX Insider, I have an XBOX ONE X Project Scorpio Edition console, on the early morning of April 21, I saw I had a 356 Mb update,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by awkc63, Apr 21, 2018.

1. awkc63
    awkc63 Guest

Hey guys, I'm an XBOX Insider, I have an XBOX ONE X Project Scorpio Edition console, on the early morning of April 21, I saw I had a 356 Mb update, after I did the update I came across something weird. When HDR is on, (for games that support it) HDR seems
    to be darker than what it was prior to update.

I noticed it first on Assassin's Creed Origins, however I thought it was just me, so I tried with Call of Duty WWII, and again with Forza Horizon 3, and I don't think it's me. With each ASE I've had to go into the game's settings and increase brightness
    (white balance) to grt it how it looked before. This isn't happening with non HDR games. (such as NHL 18) Something odd is going on, and I can't quite guitar out how it's possible. Any help shedding some light into this subject? (no pun intended)

:)

awkc63, Apr 21, 2018
  2. Insider Update Causing Console Problems

Hey there Mr8iggins and ItssDannBrownn,

You'll both want to post in the
    Xbox One Insider Program Forums
    for the best information and assistance. Since the update is still in the early stages, things may not work correctly at times since it is a Beta. So they'll have the best insight and be able to troubleshoot any potential
    issues. If you want to opt out of the Insider Program, you can do so from the Insider app on the console. Keep in mind thought that doing so, will cause your console to factory reset and any games and apps will need to be reinstalled to the console.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Insider Update Causing Console Problems

The Same thing is happening to me now, Im also part of the preview programme. My console is on the home screen and it cannot open anything it just makes a noise and nothing, It doenst even say its connected to xbox live. Might be a bad update i hope it can
    be fixed

ItssDannBrownn, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems

Hey there awkc63,

Since you are a part of the Insider program you will want to be sure to post this in the
    Insiders forum section so that the Insider team will be aware of what's going on.

Have a great night!

Mister Kellogg, Apr 23, 2018
  5. After the recent April update my XBOX ONE S is no longer displaying colors correctly for any HDR content.

BorealChicken9, Nov 1, 2018
  6. BorealChicken9 Win User

After the recent April update my XBOX ONE S is no longer displaying colors correctly for any HDR content.
  7. Mister Kellogg Win User

Hey there awkc63,

Since you are a part of the Insider program you will want to be sure to post this in the
    Insiders forum section so that the Insider team will be aware of what's going on.

Have a great night!
  8. Andrew117117 Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Hi all,

Samsung KS7500, latest update.

I'm seeing a very dull/dark colours on my TV too!

Any idea what's going on? Will test with Netflix tonight.

HDR on Netflix Tv app is perfect.
  9. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  10. Simon Younger Win User

HDR blanked out in settings?

Hi,

I've tried an automatic update but says it has the latest firmware. The settings for Ultra HD Deep Colour are on for both HDMI ports on the TV also.

When going to the advanced settings for the display within the xbox all are ticked but at the bottom it asks me to go back and turn the HDR on from the menu but its blanked out?
Thema:

1. Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems - Similar Threads - Latest Insider Update

2. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  4. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  5. Dolby audio problems after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby audio problems after latest update: Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio...
  6. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  7. Sound glitching after latest insider update

in XboX Insiders
    Sound glitching after latest insider update: When watching YouTube( haven’t played any games yet) sound hang’s/lags for about 2 to 5 seconds then goes back to normal seems to happen every few minutes submitted by /u/coolman9110996 [link]...
  8. Under Manage, why doesn't the Xbox Insider hub reflect the latest versions of previews...

in XboX Insiders
    Under Manage, why doesn't the Xbox Insider hub reflect the latest versions of previews...: Specifically, the Omega version still is 2306 in the Manage section of the hub and not 2308 as posted here. It hasn't been updated for a few weeks if not months on the hub. submitted by...
  9. Problem with latest Insider Xbox update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with latest Insider Xbox update: Insider Alpha Ahead and after the last update of August 21st (OS version 10.0.25931.1006) (rs_xbox_dev_flight.230815-2000) my Xbox Series X console no longer connects to wired or wireless...
  10. How can i get new xbox ui , im in insider program with latest delta update ?

in XboX Insiders
    How can i get new xbox ui , im in insider program with latest delta update ?: I see many youtube videows that showing the new xbox series dashboard, and after reading the xbox official insider web site its seems the new ui coming with new previews updates , but...