Latest AoE: CS Patch Xbox Privacy 'Bug' Hides Last Login Time in Game.

Discus and support Latest AoE: CS Patch Xbox Privacy 'Bug' Hides Last Login Time in Game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The recently released Patch 1.18 for Age of Empires: Castle Siege contains a 'bug', for want of a better description, that is causing a considerable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HarryT51, May 20, 2016.

1. HarryT51
    HarryT51 Guest

The recently released Patch 1.18 for Age of Empires: Castle Siege contains a 'bug', for want of a better description, that is causing a considerable number of alliance admins quite a headache. Apparently the new patch incorporates
    the privacy settings that each player has set at Xbox.com and if an alliance member has chosen the option to block "See if you're online" then his/her Last Log in time is no longer shown in the alliance membership list in the game. Many alliances, like mine,
    have a rule that requires members to remain reasonably active as a condition of membership and any member who breaches that rule by failing to log in to the game for a certain number of days, as determined and monitored by each alliance's admin, is routinely
    kicked out to make room for a more active player. Obviously, not being able to see the Last Login time relating to those members who have their Xbox privacy settings blocking the ability for anyone to see their online status, and thereby causing those members'
    Last Login times to be completely hidden from view in the game, makes it virtually impossible to properly administer an 'inactivity' rule because there is no other convenient or reliable method by which to accurately determine when any of them last logged
    in. Clearly, this is something that should have been taken into account before the patch was released but it seems it wasn't, which has led to a fairly serious and widespread problem within the AoE: CS community that needs to be addressed as a matter of some
    priority, I submit.

:)

HarryT51, May 20, 2016
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, May 20, 2016
  3. NujumHebat
    NujumHebat Guest
    Xbox 360 freezes when accessing xbox dashboard while logged into xbox live

right after i download latest firmware last nite.. Xbox 360 freezes when accessing xbox dashboard while logged into xbox live.. if logged on local user or skip login it will be fine.. login xbox live after a game start it is fine too.. please provide fix/patch..

NujumHebat, May 20, 2016
  4. Latest AoE: CS Patch Xbox Privacy 'Bug' Hides Last Login Time in Game.

gaming using Xbox/Microsoft accounts would be beholden to the privacy & online safety settings for Xbox/Microsoft accounts. So if users have chosen to block or restrict who can see certain parts of their profile, that means they are functioning correctly.
    If your alliance has rules about regular play time, I would recommend requesting that those players wanting to stay active ensure their settings are such that admins can view their activity details.

You can find the steps to change/update these settings from the PC here:
    support.xbox.com/.../manage-privacy-safety-online

Noelle Westbrook, May 21, 2016
  5. HarryT51
    HarryT51 Guest
    It's all very well to say that alliance members are able to change their privacy settings to enable their login times to be seen in game and to suggest that they be asked to do that but the fact is that the greater majority of people who don't want their
    online status to be visible will choose not to alter their settings and there is no way they can, or should, be compelled to do so. Before patch 1.18 was released for AoE: CS, ALL alliance members' last login times were shown in game but since then the members
    whose privacy settings hide their online status can no longer be monitored for inactivity and this is a fairly serious problem in terms of being able to properly, and fairly, administer an alliance. Therefore, rather than stating the obvious and making suggestions
    that simply won't work in more than a handful of cases is not at all helpful. What would be of considerable assistance, though, would be for someone to apply some thought to a way of fixing this problem and then doing it, at least to the extent of allowing
    alliance Emperors to be able to view this extremely important data in game, regardless of anyone's Xbox privacy settings. I'm not, by any means, suggesting these settings should be ignored, but there is a demonstrable need for alliance administrators to have
    access to members' last login times in order to be able to manage their alliances in the best interests of all members and it's simply not right that the new patch has, in effect, conspired with Xbox to take that essential tool away from them. This issue needs
    to be addressed as a matter of priority and trying to explain it away and suggest various ways around it is not going to cut it, I'm afraid, because there are now a lot of very displeased alliance Emperors in the AoE: CS gaming community and the number is
    steadily growing.

HarryT51, May 21, 2016
  6. HarrT51, thank you for starting this forum thread. While I know that HarryT51 agrees that an individuals privacy setting is their right, the setting never before stopped them from showing online or last log in when they played a game. The setting was for
    the actual Xbox application. What we are trying to correct and figure out is why all of the sudden the privacy settings which had been in place for months and years is all of the sudden affecting the in game status? We are asking as an AOE:CS gaming community
    for you to look into this and still respect the privacy as it was in the past, but still allow us to show our log in stamp in the game(s) we play.

SylkenWhisper, May 22, 2016
  7. You may want to consider posting on Xbox.uservoice.com as that would be more of the development feedback area

Noelle Westbrook, May 22, 2016
  8. HarryT51
    HarryT51 Guest

Thanks for the suggestion, which I have followed. Of course, it remains to be seen if it will do any good.

HarryT51, May 22, 2016
  9. I have checked all my privacy settings and they are set to allow people to see I am on line but no one can see me or see my last log on WHY I want to be seen and several of my alliance mates five out of thirty have the same problem we want it fixed.

NightWarrior690, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: