Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?

Discus and support Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Using Xbox one in abroad now, my ms latency is around 220ms which is too high, i believe if i connect to UK servers it will be better, but what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeraFearz, Jun 4, 2014.

1. SeraFearz
    SeraFearz Guest

Hi,

Using Xbox one in abroad now, my ms latency is around 220ms which is too high, i believe if i connect to UK servers it will be better, but what does this depend on?

My IP geolocation? My Xbox account country/region? My Gold subscription country of purchase? the Xbox console itself country of production? Where I bought the game from?

All my games are bought digitally, i'm using a US account at the moment, tried to change the account country region and the console country region as well, when I do the network multiplayer tests, it still remain 220ms.

Does anyone know for sure what is it that ca be done to connect to Xbox Live UK servers whether you're multi-playing or just connected to Xbox Live?

:)

SeraFearz, Jun 4, 2014
  2. ghosts will have lag comp.....

BO2 is Latency and Ping based. I guess your servers or service provider routes to whereever first, but BO2 will search for you based on your Latency and Ping. They are saying Ghosts will search the same way. I guess searching "regionally" is out nowadays.
    Itll all depend on where the dedis are now too.

UneasyJmitchell, Jun 4, 2014
  3. x drif7 x
    x drif7 x Guest
    fix the servers!!

my latency is - ping 64 and jitter 0-1. I should not experience lag at all.. it really doesn't matter if you had a hundred meg,,,, it all depends on your latency

x drif7 x, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY?

This depends on many factors, location and country of the product out was bought is not one of them. Who is your ISP, where are you connecting to (check one of the many speed test sues to see where your internet connects)? Wegener? WiFi?

Do a hard reset ( hold the power button ), check connection strength and reset your router.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Andy Mulligan, Jun 10, 2014
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Where are you physically located (country), and the name of your ISP?

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Andy Mulligan Win User

This depends on many factors, location and country of the product out was bought is not one of them. Who is your ISP, where are you connecting to (check one of the many speed test sues to see where your internet connects)? Wegener? WiFi?

Do a hard reset ( hold the power button ), check connection strength and reset your router.

Let us know if this helps at all.
  7. taidara Win User

Where are you physically located (country), and the name of your ISP?
  8. x drif7 x Win User

fix the servers!!

my latency is - ping 64 and jitter 0-1. I should not experience lag at all.. it really doesn't matter if you had a hundred meg,,,, it all depends on your latency
  9. UneasyJmitchell Win User

ghosts will have lag comp.....

BO2 is Latency and Ping based. I guess your servers or service provider routes to whereever first, but BO2 will search for you based on your Latency and Ping. They are saying Ghosts will search the same way. I guess searching "regionally" is out nowadays.
    Itll all depend on where the dedis are now too.
  10. ChiefJoboo Win User

Latency Problem on Xbox One X

Latency tests depend on what server you're using for the ping test.

For example, your Xbox could be testing latency to an Xbox datacenter further away (more than twice as far away it seems) than the server your PC's Xbox app or the website you're using for a latency test uses.

There is no problem and this is normal behavior for latency tests.

I would suggest you go to
    Speedtest.net
    on your Edge browser (if possible) on Xbox one and also on a browser on your PC and see if the same server shows the same ping.
Thema:

1. Latency or Ping - What does it depend on EXACTLY? - Similar Threads - Latency Ping does

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Why is my latency and packet loss showing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my latency and packet loss showing this: My xbox is showing network issue but when I do a standard test it appears no issue but when i load up games im met with the ‘continue offline’ message. Then in detailed network statistics this...
  4. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  5. How can I get my latency down on my Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my latency down on my Xbox series x?: Hi, I bought an Xbox series x. I have the fastest speed from my ISP 1500mbps download, 60mbps upload. I'm using the x series wired to the gateway and my latency is 100ms. I've done all...
  6. Upload and latency crazy slow and dont match what i am getting to my house.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload and latency crazy slow and dont match what i am getting to my house.: Why is that when i run a speedtest in my xbox broswer i get 500/500 with ping at 30. But when I test within the xbox itself for gameplay i get upload of 4.5mbps and latency of 115? It is causing...
  7. How do I bring my latency from 80 to under 60

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I bring my latency from 80 to under 60: I have an eternity cord and have looked up many ways but don't quite understand what to do. 1a02f59e-7f51-4ca9-9e11-6c8cf5f77939
  8. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  9. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  10. Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet: Hello, I recently have encountered issue where I have very high latency variation across all games. It happened seemingly overnight and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. I tried...