Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

Discus and support Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M.SR, Apr 29, 2024.

1. M.SR
    M.SR Guest

My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the cause of this issue and found out that my laptop is thermal throttled. The thing is the CPU and GPU temperatures are normal (around 47-60 degree Celsius). My laptop even throttled even when I'm just browsing the web and watching YouTube. Sometimes, it even throttled when I left my laptop on standby. Based on HardwareInfo64, my laptop has experienced Thermal Throttling (HTC) and Thermal Throttling (PROCHOT EXT).

Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp. [​IMG]

Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp. [​IMG]

Here's some information regarding my PC:

Model : Lenovo Legion 5 2020

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 4800H (2.90 GHz)

RAM : 16 GB DDR4

Graphic Card : Nvidia GTX 1650

Windows Edition : Windows 11 Home

Windows Version : 23H2 (Updated Regularly)

Previously, I had cleaned my fans, replace the thermal paste twice, but the issue still occurs. Granted, I lived in South East Asia which is extremely hot right now. The temperature here is 36 Celsius at its highest. Combined with humid environments, it can feel about 40 Celsius. But my laptop is supposed to still be able to run at this temperature, right? I did notice the thermal throttling often happen during the day compared during the night. I tried cooling my laptop with cooling pad, but that proved to be useless too. Basically, my laptop is almost useless now.

I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

:)

2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Laptop freezes and cant be turned off

In that case that is the reason. When the CPU is high it starts to freezing (is commonly known as thermal throttling)

Did you try changing graphical settings for both games?
    Or which laptop model / CPU and GPU do you have
  3. GHOULSS Win User

FPS Lag and high GPU usage for Xbox game pass games

4. Obsessive Power Win User

Performance of my pc after some time playing games

I remembered that my laptop, as with the rest of the OMEN series, has the OMEN app. There, I noticed something peculiar about the temperature of my CPU where it would be around 90 degrees Celsius only at around 20% utilization. Could it be that my laptop throttles down as an attempt to protect itself and prevent potential damage upon its components?
    It's pretty common for laptop CPU's to become hot under load. Temps in the 80's to 90's can be pretty standard. It shouldn't be that hot when its only at 20% utilisation though. If the CPU reaches a certain temperature it will thermal throttle and you may see reduced performance. I say 'may see' as it really depends on what game or CPU intensive software you're running.

You can help reduce temperatures somewhat by locking your frame rate to 60fps.

What temperature is it showing when just idle in Windows? Are there any other processes using your CPU when your PC isn't doing anything?

As for your keyboard issue, try an external keyboard. If the external is fine your laptop keyboard has a fault.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

issues while playing games on win 10

make sure gaming mode is on, that your power scheme is set to performance and that your drivers are up to date.

also make sure no other programs are running in the background.

cpu temps look to be running high for 15% usage, and as minecraft is cpu intensive and even roblox is that can be causing your cpu to hit high temps and throttle. can you leave aida running in the background and play minecraft until the issue comes back then tell us the temp.

what is the model of the laptop so we can determine what hardware you have.
  6. Hellhog Win User

Storing Running Laptop Question

Rule of thumb with a laptop though, typically you need more cooling. Unless you have something like an Alienware, MSI, ASUS, or Sage/Clevo, chances are you will not have enough cooling. For example, I have a Dell Studio 1535 (the GPU and CPU share the same
    heatsink and fan so not as good cooling), I did replace the stock thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5 for better cooling. When I game on my laptop, I need to sit it on a cooling pad in order to even play games like StarCraft II at playable framerates (on the
    lowest settings). Mind you, I have an Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz) and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 so nothing actually great for gaming to begin with, especially since it is tech from summer 2008. I try not to let my GPU get above 175F since it will cause
    framerate drops or my HDD above 100F because it causes my computer to slow down. In idle and not working hard, my CPU sits around 90F and my GPU 135F. Under load (in gaming at least), my CPU rises to 150F and GPU 175F. When I used to have stock thermal paste
    and no cooling, I've gotten my GPU very close to 210F (boiling point of water). Anything above 180F is terribad for a GPU. A laptop CPU should never even get as hot as a laptop GPU. So, keep this in mind.

My recomendation is to download HWMonitor, run it and keep it open. Play a video game for an hour then check your temps. This is your baseline for under load. For an idle baseline, surf the web for like 30min (try not to have more than 2-3 tabs open at a time
    or go to any hardware accelerated websites). Now place your laptop in that drawer and do the same. Compare the temps, if they are higher, chances are the drawer is a bad idea, if not, then use that drawer to your hearts delight.
Thema:

1. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp. - Similar Threads - Laptop Thermal Throttled

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  4. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  5. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. How do I play my xbox x on my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play my xbox x on my laptop: How do I connect my xbox x to my laptop so I can play 86efa86f-d118-4f48-9570-7ec23a0b1a31
  8. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  9. Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.: Hello, I had an old laptop made by Toshiba. Toshiba Satellite L650-10M . It has and i3 330m CPU and Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5145 But when I checked the CPU info in Intel's website it shows it has...
  10. Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop: So i am having an issue on streaming games like apex legends or fortnite or any games in general and i cant even stream on discord. Idk why but it keeps saying ur network is trash but i have a...