Laptop CPU running hot, should i disable Intel's Turbo Boost?

Discus and support Laptop CPU running hot, should i disable Intel's Turbo Boost? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi! I've posted a topic on here before regarding my Asus Rog Strix GL503VM running: GTX1060, intel i7 7700HQ, 16gigs ram. My laptop is working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by fierydesign, Oct 18, 2018.

1. fierydesign
    fierydesign Guest

Hi!

I've posted a topic on here before regarding my Asus Rog Strix GL503VM running: GTX1060, intel i7 7700HQ, 16gigs ram.

My laptop is working perfectly fine. I can play every game without any issue, but here is where the problem begins:

My CPU on full load tends to run above 90 degrees celcius.

Most people tell me it actually isn't any problem, since laptops are designed to do that?

I brought my laptop in to my local computer shop, they openend it up, replaced thermal paste, checked fans everything, they also told me, it is actually fine, the laptop i bought seems to be a laptop that tends to run hot on full load (since it's a pretty
    thin device blabla)

My question now is, should i disable Intel Turbo Boost or not? I read online it doesn't affect performance that much and cools your laptop down alot.

They did this by disabling Turbo Boost under services or by going to power management and putting max power on 99% instead of 100%.

Should i do this or not?

Thank you!

:)

fierydesign, Oct 18, 2018
  2. stevenicks
    stevenicks Guest
    "Instant On" versus "Energy Saver"...my findings.

^^^ Can suffer errata I should of put just like the Intel Haswell Based CPU's do ^^^

stevenicks, Oct 19, 2018
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Laptop CPU Temperatures running way too hot when playing Sea of Thieves

It is not uncommon for the CPU to run hot when under a load. If the computer is running okay then it really is nothing to worry about.

{Parity}, Oct 19, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

If your CPU is getting that hot I would turn some settings down, including any boost software and power management software.

Getting to 100 degrees C will cause the Intel CPU to shut down to protect itself from damage. It would be wise to not get near that much heat.

Make sure your fans are not blocked by anything and that it has good air flow to the vents. Yes, I would disable the Turbo Boost if you can.

ChiefJoboo, Oct 19, 2018
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

Have you gone to the Asus website to check to make sure you are running the latest BIOS chipset drivers on your laptop.

Not if you go down the route of updating the these on your laptop please make sure you identify the correct model laptop you are using and understand how to carry out the updates to ensure you don't cause any issues that may be very difficult to resolve.

Please note if you use the link below to make sure this matches your model of laptop.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/overview/

gds1972, Oct 19, 2018
  6. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Echo4Ent, Nov 5, 2018
  7. Echo4Ent Win User

8. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Have you gone to the Asus website to check to make sure you are running the latest BIOS chipset drivers on your laptop.

Not if you go down the route of updating the these on your laptop please make sure you identify the correct model laptop you are using and understand how to carry out the updates to ensure you don't cause any issues that may be very difficult to resolve.

Please note if you use the link below to make sure this matches your model of laptop.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/overview/
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

If your CPU is getting that hot I would turn some settings down, including any boost software and power management software.

Getting to 100 degrees C will cause the Intel CPU to shut down to protect itself from damage. It would be wise to not get near that much heat.

Make sure your fans are not blocked by anything and that it has good air flow to the vents. Yes, I would disable the Turbo Boost if you can.
  10. 2c439a02-4274-43ee-a Win User

Laptop temperatures

the 82 degree celcius is when i have disabled the intel's turbo boost and when i tested with the turbo boost enabled it reaches upto 90 degrees celcius is that also ok, and before that i used to have a i3 3rd gen laptop and it ran at like 40 degrees at idle and 75 degrees max so i thought that it is high compared to the i3
  11. Fifouu Win User

Blue screen when launching minecraft

Hello,

There's turbo mode in intel cpu

I think my pc thought it was overheating but no it wasn't.

Thank you again
Thema:

1. Laptop CPU running hot, should i disable Intel's Turbo Boost? - Similar Threads - Laptop CPU running

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  4. Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepasdto Laptop, currently shared over two consoles.: Hi, I currently have gamepass shared on one xbox x and one S. How would I remove it from the S and add it to my new laptop? Thanks. submitted by /u/East_Rooster9251 [link] [comments]
  5. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have a doubt about CPU and gpu of laptop.: Hello, I had an old laptop made by Toshiba. Toshiba Satellite L650-10M . It has and i3 330m CPU and Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5145 But when I checked the CPU info in Intel's website it shows it has...
  8. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  9. my laptop quits using my cpu and gpu in the middle of gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my laptop quits using my cpu and gpu in the middle of gaming: when im in the middle of gaming my cpu 11th gen intel(r) core(tm) i7-1180h and nvidia geforce rtx 3050 ti laptop gpu usage will drop to close to zero and my gpu 0 intel(r) uhd graphics will spike...
  10. Laptop CPU Temperatures running way too hot when playing Sea of Thieves

in XBoX on Windows
    Laptop CPU Temperatures running way too hot when playing Sea of Thieves: Hello! So, i have an Asus Rog Strix GL503VM. Running a GTX 1060 6Gigs, intel core i7 7700HQ, 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. The issue being: When starting up Sea of Thieves, my CPU temperature jumps...