Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer ...

Discus and support Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I remember the good old days of when Microsoft took care of their customers when they had Xbox and even Xbox 360 issues. With the downhill slope you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelFrench, May 31, 2015.

1. Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer ...

I remember the good old days of when Microsoft took care of their customers when they had Xbox and even Xbox 360 issues. With the downhill slope you all are running in quality hardware and support the next Xbox might just be cased in a cardboard box with
    a 30 day warranty? Disk drives quitting, controllers refusing to stay connected, freezing issues. Its just plain irresponsible. Right now, a system that performs (PS4) and that I just have to worry about getting hacked seems a lot more inviting then a system
    that doesn't work.

I have $420 worth of games and about another $75 in additional content that I cant play because you guys have built a crap system. I don't know if you tried to rush it or you are getting your equipment from some third world country but either way it is
    crap. You don't give an option to digitally download a game that you own a physical copy of? Explain that one to me please. Your fix for everything is either power on and off or check for a software update...when in actuality you all know *** well there
    are issues with your product.

Its sad that all the people behind the product who also use the product were willing to put your name on this overpriced junk box...you should be ashamed. But then again I'm sure you don't fall under the one year warranty rule like the rest of us.

Don't even get me started on your one year warranty, a unit that sits on a shelf where the only wear and tear are the moving parts within and you give it a 1 year warranty!?!?! Guess you all knew it was a piece when you put it out to the market.

For anyone reading this and are still reading, no I don't have a question, I don't need any support because the probably about 8 hours I've spent on the phone with their support has been worthless so i don't expect anything more here. However I will continue
    to post friendly reminder of how horrible your product is, how you provide poor support and will continue to advise anyone who asks me should they go Xbox or PS4, I say to go PS4 without skipping a beat.

The ONLY reason I put up with this crap is I have sunk probably $2000 into this system, In fact here is a list of what I have paid to Microsoft over the years,

$2500 towards Xbox One,, 60+ Xbox 360 games which I owned 3 Xbox 360's so what about $4000-$5000, Had probably about 30 Xbox games so about $2000ish. I have been a Live member/Family member since its creation so roughly $500/$600. I think I have owned every
    operating system since windows 95 so there's another $600 or so. Three years of Office 360, $300 and have bought a few versions of MS Office before that which probably is another $300 or so. With all things said I have paid your company about $11000 or so
    but you're not willing to waive the cost to fix your defective product. Which amounts to the worst customer service I have ever dealt with (which is saying something considering I have dealt with AT&T and Comcast customer service before)

So in the end I am essentially stuck with you, which coming from someone who works for one of the largest customer facing companies in the world who consistently get rated highest customer service in the industry, that is not what you want your customer
    to say they feel. But hey there you go, maybe that should be your next sales slogan, buy Microsoft, you know you're stuck with us anyways!

Yours truly, one of your ex biggest fans and an extremely unhappy customer who will continue to let everyone know what a disappoint of a company you have become.

P.S. - I rarely get on forums, I usually take care of my own issues through research and I go through the proper channels to fix my problems. I understand being on your side of the business as I have been in sales and management. The difference my company
    empowered me to take care of the customer, it seems you do not give your employees the power to make the right decisions. Which I feel sorry for those employees because in the end they are not needed and will be replaced by automated systems and robots. In
    the end that's the reason to have human employees, to think non linear and companies who think non linear when it comes to customers and empower their employees to make the right decisions are the companies that are winning, separating themselves from their
    competitors. I'm just waiting the day Google enters this realm and gets their OS to where it needs because sadly you and Apple are currently just sitting not adapting, allowing companies like Google to beat you.

:)

MichaelFrench, May 31, 2015
  2. StupidSlinky
    StupidSlinky Guest
    I can't download the Witcher 2

In history since xb1? No, Microsoft has always had a crapstorm of a tech support/customer service. The bigger the company the more *** bs (and lack of English speaking phone support) you have to deal with.

StupidSlinky, May 31, 2015
  3. Curado Kev
    Curado Kev Guest
    Score one for Xbox Support!

I have dealt with many issues with X1, one included sending back original X1 bought last Thanksgiving (2013) and the optical drive was defective - a well known issue for earlier X1's. Customer service was great and has been everytime I talk with them. It
    also helps to remain calm and be adult about the situation which so far has worked. Their customer service has been great !

Curado Kev, May 31, 2015
  4. Sydeburnz
    Sydeburnz Guest

Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer ...

Sorry you are having issues. One thing I found over the First Year was that leaving the system in Instant On gave me issues occasionally. Once I switched over to Power Saver my problems greatly diminished. Basically its just cold-booting each time you start
    up instead of remaining on continuously. One issue I have seen recently is the controller disconnecting for just a few seconds, but rending it difficult to resume the party chat... but I just restart chat and get on with it.

Microsoft is always updating, consider joining the Preview Development Program for faster updates and to provide feedback on problems you encounter to help make the system better.

We have all spent more money than we would care to admit on this wonderful hobby and machine, it's constantly getting better and Windows 10 promises to provide us even more exciting opportunities. If you add up all the hours of time you have spent enjoying
    your games and consoles and divide it by the money you spent, I'm sure you will realize there aren't many hobbies you can have that are cheaper.

Sydeburnz, May 31, 2015
  5. Hey there, KTG TasWho. I'm sincerely sorry to see any issues you may be having with your console reading discs. Sydeburnz has some terrific advice here, so hopefully some of it can help you out.

In regards to the warranty, that does vary by region. Some regions have 2 year warranties. The Xbox 360 also had only a one year warranty in some regions; if you received a certain red light error, though, the warranty was extended for another 2 years. If
    you would like to give us a suggestion on how our warranties are set up, please drop a suggestion over on our
    Feedback site.

Since you are not looking for support here, and these are the support forums, I'm going to lock this thread down. I am very sorry to see any troubles you may be having, and understand your frustrations. If you get a repair done and you still experience these
    issues, please do post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. Thanks for understanding.

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer service ways

Hey there, KTG TasWho. I'm sincerely sorry to see any issues you may be having with your console reading discs. Sydeburnz has some terrific advice here, so hopefully some of it can help you out.

In regards to the warranty, that does vary by region. Some regions have 2 year warranties. The Xbox 360 also had only a one year warranty in some regions; if you received a certain red light error, though, the warranty was extended for another 2 years. If
    you would like to give us a suggestion on how our warranties are set up, please drop a suggestion over on our
    Feedback site.

Since you are not looking for support here, and these are the support forums, I'm going to lock this thread down. I am very sorry to see any troubles you may be having, and understand your frustrations. If you get a repair done and you still experience these
    issues, please do post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. Thanks for understanding.
  7. Sydeburnz Win User

Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer service ways

Sorry you are having issues. One thing I found over the First Year was that leaving the system in Instant On gave me issues occasionally. Once I switched over to Power Saver my problems greatly diminished. Basically its just cold-booting each time you start
    up instead of remaining on continuously. One issue I have seen recently is the controller disconnecting for just a few seconds, but rending it difficult to resume the party chat... but I just restart chat and get on with it.

Microsoft is always updating, consider joining the Preview Development Program for faster updates and to provide feedback on problems you encounter to help make the system better.

We have all spent more money than we would care to admit on this wonderful hobby and machine, it's constantly getting better and Windows 10 promises to provide us even more exciting opportunities. If you add up all the hours of time you have spent enjoying
    your games and consoles and divide it by the money you spent, I'm sure you will realize there aren't many hobbies you can have that are cheaper.

8. Rick Higgins Win User

Still have not received Alan wake, American nightmare, or quantum break windows codes

Unfortunately what is obvious is that the Microsoft support department has no clue and has been no help in resolving the redemption issue or the lack thereof.

However what is even more surprising or embarrassing for Microsoft is that NOT any of there leadership team members at Microsoft has issued any apologies, comments, or a project plan for the foreseeable resolution.

When customers start dropping their Xbox membership or purchases from the Microsoft store it will become a sinking ship and by then Microsoft will have sunk their own console.
  9. Digiplay Win User

6.5 years, 4 rrod occurrences.

I can assure you it is the case for a vast majority of your early customers who took a chance. Furthermore I was just insulted on the phone, called a liar, and admonished for expecting electronics to work more than two years.

This is horrible business practice and Microsoft should be ashamed. Whatever country you are operating support from, it should be moved. Clearly manners are lost in a cultural difference.

As a 20 year IT Professional I'm glad to see how bad this support is. Fouled with other recent events, like Microsoft not knowing its own licensing practice, it has become abundantly clear this is a company that does not Ned or desire my money - rather
    earning it off the backs of those tolerant of such beliigerant and irresponsible practices.

Not only has Microsoft lost an Xbox customer, they have lost a business client. The competence level at this company has dropped through the floor on all fronts.

Aka the Ballmer years.
  10. DominumStige Win User

What's your opinion, is xbox dashboard easy to use or not

With the new versions of the dash, everything has become more modular and close at hand, with the possibility of customizing the console. Performance improvements are obvious. There's still a lack of further customization with Mixer.
Thema:

1. Lack of Support, Microsoft has become money driven and has lost their old great customer ... - Similar Threads - Lack Support Microsoft

2. Microsoft Recover and lack of human support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Recover and lack of human support: The fact that Microsoft is one of the largest companies in the world but have the customer support of a day care center is ridiculous. I have a email I used around 15 yrs ago that is still...
  3. Game pass games will not load/ complete lack of support for series x problems by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass games will not load/ complete lack of support for series x problems by Microsoft: I am beyond frustrated and am completely disappointed that i cannot speak to a live person or even get a live chat to help with this issue. microsoft is not providong any support for a very...
  4. Microsoft lack of support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft lack of support: Am I the only person who can see how far Microsoft has gone out of their way to distance themselves from their customers, all in an effort to provide as little support as possible? Don't even say...
  5. Microsoft lack of support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft lack of support: Am I the only person who can see how far Microsoft has gone out of their way to distance themselves from their customers, all in an effort to provide as little support as possible? Don't even say...
  6. Microsoft employee, credit fraud, bad support, lack of understanding, threatning to ban nonstop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft employee, credit fraud, bad support, lack of understanding, threatning to ban nonstop: My friends recently contacted microsoft about a hacker on minecraft, i dont know the full story but when they contacted this guy he said he was going to ban there accounts for protocol, then they...
  7. The complete lack of Microsoft customer care and support.

in XBoX on Mobile
    The complete lack of Microsoft customer care and support.: I have been meticulously tracking online rewards and xbox and game pass points. There are so many times I have contacted support to help in my streaks being reset at random when the end of week...
  8. Hacked/Lack of Microsoft support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacked/Lack of Microsoft support: I am very highly disappointed in the Micro/XBox Live support in assisting loyal paying members of its community when there accounts have been hacked. Security has all kinds of holes in it (I...
  9. Lack of any support from Microsoft/foul treatment of 10yr old by tech support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lack of any support from Microsoft/foul treatment of 10yr old by tech support: Son purchase DLC and entered code on his new Xbox One. Nothing downloaded. Checked everywhere web site said to check. Tried to enter again, response was code already used. Called Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft Store Purchase - Lack of Customer Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store Purchase - Lack of Customer Support: Purchased the XBOX One console package over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. XBOX comes in DOA. Called and was told to send it back and they would send me another. If I wanted to pay $15.00 they...