L4D BC issues

Discus and support L4D BC issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, i have just found my copy of L4D on 360 and checked the BC list. Its on there but my xbox one keeps reading the disc as a blu ray. (Error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tafell, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Tafell
    Tafell Guest

L4D BC issues

So, i have just found my copy of L4D on 360 and checked the BC list. Its on there but my xbox one keeps reading the disc as a blu ray. (Error 0x91d70001)

Its not a special edition or GOTY edition as i read this nay be why it doesnt work.

anybody know any fixes or workarounds for this? Or am i going to have to buy the game again digitally for it to work?

:)

Tafell, Feb 6, 2020
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

L4D BC issues

Hey there Tafell,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for help with launching and playing Left 4 Dead. I can totally understand how eager you may be to blast zombies. If your console is not recognizing the disc, and it's not too scratched or dirty, I suggest trying what
    we call a soft factory reset of the console.

It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

When you get the chance, follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue .

Hope it does!

Thanks for reading!
  3. ArminatorX Win User

L4D BC issues

Please check if your console is able to read other DVDs (be it movie DVDs or Xbox 360 DVD's). BluRays are read by a different laser, and that way you can check if only the L4D game can't be read, or if the red wavelength laser for DVDs is broken in your
    drive.

If other DVDs and Xbox 360 games work, it might be that the security sector of the L4D disc can't be read. The Xbox One can't use any data from the Xbox 360 game discs, so the disc you insert is just a "proof of purchase", and only that security sector with
    the game information is necessary for the Xbox One.

Your L4D disc could be scratched beyond repair, but as long as the security sector is still readable, the console should be able to download the game for free.

If the security sector is unreadable because of fingerprints, or dirt (it might not even be visble, like a fingerprint you tried to wipe off, but got smeared so thin it looks clean to the naked eye), you could try the following:

Eject the L4D disc, and turn the console off by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Maybe a crashed process was also accessing the drive and prevented the disc to be read.

Turn the console back on, and make sure it shows a green boot screen.

During the time it takes the console to boot, take the L4D disc to the kitchen and apply a small drop of mild dishwasher soap to the silver side disc.

Wet your fingers and "massage" the soap around the silver side in a sprialing motion, until the whole silver surface is covered in soap.

From now on, hold the disc with your index finger in the center hole and your thumb on the edge of the disc only!

Rinse the disc under running water. Then shake the disc a few times to get the water off. Wipe the remaining drops with a soft, lint-free cloth.

Now try if the console is able to read the disc properly.
  4. Tafell Win User

L4D BC issues

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I tried a DVD and its worked fine.

Tried cleaning the disc and nothing, still recognising it as a BluRay.

Tried the disc in a friends 360 and it works fine.

Ive also tried a reset, power cycle and removing the account and adding again.

I even cleared the saved game storage on both options.

Any other ideas?
  5. robthehermit-63A9B63 Win User

Xbox One online - 360 mode cannot connect to internet??

I also have the exact same problem. It's not just L4D though (I don't have that), it's the same with Super Meat Boy, Aqua, Fable 2 - so I'm going to assume it's all BC games. I'm using a Sky hub.
  6. Aged Buttstank Win User

What's up with there being no update for the daily "ultimate game sale?"

got L4D and Fall out 3, glad they got the issue worked out.
Thema:

L4D BC issues

1. L4D BC issues - Similar Threads - L4D issues

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?: Hey Gamers ! Anyone else every been baffled why only L4D(2) had a pivot option ? A pal of mine who played through all of the L4D franch with me asked a simple question (someone who isn't a...
  9. Xbox One X: L4D BC "X Enhancement" bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X: L4D BC "X Enhancement" bugs: So I was playing split-screen L4D2 recently and ran into a bug when going into underground sections. The "Underground" section of The Passing and the shorter sewer section of The Parish before the...
  10. How World War Z Should Have Ended [L4D Style]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How World War Z Should Have Ended [L4D Style]: I think it ties everything together quite nicely don't you think? [MEDIA] c090fa32-f989-4bf7-8332-c05eb3bd81f9