L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY??

Discus and support L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does my brand new series 2 elite controller have sticky A, B, X, & Y buttons after unboxing it? ALSO, both Left & Right sticks have stick drift... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Logan Coons, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Logan Coons
    Logan Coons Guest

Why does my brand new series 2 elite controller have sticky A, B, X, & Y buttons after unboxing it? ALSO, both Left & Right sticks have stick drift really bad, also after unboxing????

:)

Logan Coons, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Logan! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your brand-new Xbox Elite series 2 controller. I understand how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Since this is a newly purchased controller, I would highly suggest you contact the retailer where you have it purchased to check for your replacement warranty policy.

Just in case the retailer referred you to Microsoft Xbox Support, you can request a free replacement warranty order by signing your account and registering your controller serial number using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers just like you here in this community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Xbox system.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. ngocphi Win User

Controller having bumper issues, something called "drifting"

Thats not drifting

Drifting is when the thumbsticks stick and keep going into one direction

That's a sticky button

It's best to report the actual issue

Have you cleaned between the bumper toothpick works best

Also you don't need the original box you just need to register the controller online at devices.Microsoft.com
  4. Gutster Win User

Microsoft elite series 2 controller issues!!

I am here with the same problem regarding the buttons.

I talked to one guy on support chat and he said, that the problem is known with the existing one and that a new charge has been ordered where this problem regarding sticks and ABXY buttons is fixed.

But he could not say when this is ready.

Can we get an updates answer regarding this? Is there any ETA when the new one will be there
    Well that sounds promising! Well that sounds promising! Hopefully Microsoft will do the right thing and help all of us out. The button problem I lived with but the left stick drift is killing me in games!!!
  5. Makes_no#sen Win User

Update

I tried that w the brick next to it, mine kept freezing and would never let it complete. What i dont get is why this is happening w a brand new one out of the box. Makes no freaken sense.
  6. xSavageGrav396X Win User

Xbox Glitch?

It is likely controller stick drift, you will need a brand new controller
Thema:

1. L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY?? - Similar Threads - L&R stick drift

2. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  3. Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?: I have a quick question. Is it possible to play DVD -r type discs on my Series X? I'm not playing anything illegal, just old wrestling shows. I know that they're not the same as a typical DVD, I...
  4. I’m trying to unblock someone called L******** and it’s not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m trying to unblock someone called L******** and it’s not working: Please help fix this xbox EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post. We have deleted a part of your post as it contains inappropriate content that violates the forum’s...
  5. ang web l

in XBoX Accessibility
    ang web l: So what are you doing, I have a perfect Facebook, but can you stop putting in your games in your game, as soon as I play the games they have, there are messages from Microsoft, that the browser...
  6. So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when I try to move the r stick up it does the left trigger action, such as aiming when...: Using the right stick up forces the left trigger action, it's getting annoying, I need help 869a90bd-3ebc-4407-872e-77ff2c5c38da
  7. I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...: Stick drift on r thumbstick b3dedf9f-3aae-441e-ba20-18ea16207f12
  8. It won't let me re link my discord when l do it still say re link

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won't let me re link my discord when l do it still say re link: I try re link it over and over it never works 96a9fce7-c821-4eb2-a338-5f0b02bca2ed
  9. How do l play mw3 that my friend is gamesharing with me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do l play mw3 that my friend is gamesharing with me.: It is still locked fir me after the release. 2ca87bbc-373b-4e26-9cb2-73ed815718db
  10. Hi there. I have signed into Microsoft l, so my son can play minecraft but it is not logged in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there. I have signed into Microsoft l, so my son can play minecraft but it is not logged in.: Hi there. I have signed into Microsoft l, so my son can play minecraft but it is not logged in. I am getting irritated as i have signed in 10 times already and nothing. I honestly want to break...