Kodi app failing to launch on Alpha

Discus and support Kodi app failing to launch on Alpha in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I use the Kodi app for a lot of media, from browsing my home uPnP media server to watching DVDs from ISO images (a habit I got into when my last Xbox's... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CyberKnight1, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Kodi app failing to launch on Alpha

I use the Kodi app for a lot of media, from browsing my home uPnP media server to watching DVDs from ISO images (a habit I got into when my last Xbox's disc drive failed; I just put the ISO on a USB stick and play it there). But as of yesterday (which is the first time I've launched it since the last Alpha update), when I try to launch the app, aside from the dashboard sound when I press 'A', nothing happens.

I've tried moving the app from internal to external storage (and back), checking for app updates, restarting the console. I submitted a problem report with tracing, so hopefully if the OS update did something, they'll be able to correct it.

submitted by /u/CyberKnight1
    [link] [comments]

/u/CyberKnight1, Jun 19, 2023
  2. Sluggage Win User

Unresponsive Netflix app

Are you enrolled on the Xbox Alpha dashboard for the Xbox One? Alpha users are experiencing multiple issues with various apps. Clearing the save data on a few other apps that won't launch sometimes fixes this problem if you aren't enrolled in any dashboard previews.

There is also a problem with the 360 version of the Netflix app recently, although I'm not sure what is causing it. You can try clearing the cache on the internal HDD as well - this solves many problems with apps failing to launch on 360.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

My Xbox account was banned today

Because they know what I was launched on my console, It was only re4 remake, pillars of eternity, persona 5 r, Starfield, and unofficial Kodi from 8/18/2023, but Kodi is not emulator from 10.13.10
    What do you mean by "unofficial" kodi? Whats the difference between kodi and unofficial kodi?
  4. gds1972 Win User

kodi on my xbox one

Hi

Kodi should not cause other apps on the console to crash, have you tried to remove Kodi to se if the other apps still experience issues afterwards?
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

i am trying to download kodi 17.6 but i am failing

Hey there tantan,

I was going through the Microsoft page for the Kodi download, It's showing that this is the Kodi v17.6 version of the app. You can always follow this next link to get to the

Kodi App
    . Once you select "Get" it should apply the app to your console.

Alternatively you can always check out the
    Kodi Forums
    for more information if you are still unable to get the correct version you are looking for.

I hope this helps!
  6. Wesker571 Win User

My Xbox account was banned today

Because they know what I was launched on my console, It was only re4 remake, pillars of eternity, persona 5 r, Starfield, and unofficial Kodi from 8/18/2023, but Kodi is not emulator from 10.13.10
Thema:

Kodi app failing to launch on Alpha

1. Kodi app failing to launch on Alpha - Similar Threads - Kodi app failing

2. Is it ok to use Kodi on Xbox however we wish to use it or is it pirating ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it ok to use Kodi on Xbox however we wish to use it or is it pirating ?: Is it ok to use Kodi on Xbox however we wish to use it or is it pirating ? I'm really not trying to go to jail or prison I wish to re-live my childhood watching TV shows and cartoons and getting...
  3. Anyone also getting Kodi to freeze during playback from the last insiders updates of november?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone also getting Kodi to freeze during playback from the last insiders updates of november?: Hey guys, I have an Xbox One X console in Beta channel, and Kodi is now freezing every half hour to one hour playback since the last big updates in November. Wondering if anyone else got same?...
  4. Kodi 19.4 on Xbox series x, crashes on start up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kodi 19.4 on Xbox series x, crashes on start up.: Hi, having trouble with Kodi 19.4 on Xbox series x, been using it this year only on xbox, recently it crashs on start up and takes me to home screen, uninstall, and installed fresh, same issueHi,...
  5. How do I get Kodi Matrix on Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I get Kodi Matrix on Xbox?: Just wondering how I am meant to get Kodi matrix on Xbox, to clarify I am referring to Kodi Matrix. On Xbox only Kodi can be found in the store not Kodi Matrix, does anyone know how to download...
  6. Anyone know how to use Kodi?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know how to use Kodi?: Hi, I was told that it is possible to use game DVR (Screen record) while in the Kodi app on Xbox, does anyone know anything about this? My goal is to screen record while in an app basically....
  7. Regression on kodi update to 19.3

in XboX Insiders
    Regression on kodi update to 19.3: I used to be able to stream movies from a NFS machine in my private network. Around 18.9, I started getting issues, with a work-around: I had to ask kodi to add a new share, and wait until my nfs...
  8. Kodi: After updating to version 18.6 app crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Kodi: After updating to version 18.6 app crashes: After updating to version 18.6 From 18.5, app crashes every single time, previous worked fine, no problem at all. I'm on alpha skip ahead. anyone has the same problem? submitted by /u/__agony__...
  9. Kodi app not giving option to install on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kodi app not giving option to install on Xbox One: Hello, Are there any known issues with some consoles not being able to download Kodi? When I go to store, then apps, and select the Kodi app, my Xbox is telling me that It is only available for...
  10. PUBG (and Kodi app) Will run on my XB1, and 1S, but not my 1X

in XBoX on Consoles
    PUBG (and Kodi app) Will run on my XB1, and 1S, but not my 1X: I currently have three X Box One consoles in my house, a base Xbox One, a One S, and my Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X. I received PUBG for Christmas and spent four days attempting to get it...