Known Hardware Issue with Series X?

Discus and support Known Hardware Issue with Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before I file a BBB complaint, file an official complaint with the Washington State AG office, and seek legal advice regarding class action, I'm going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Comments Under Constant, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Known Hardware Issue with Series X?

Before I file a BBB complaint, file an official complaint with the Washington State AG office, and seek legal advice regarding class action, I'm going to throw this out for discussion. My Xbox series X was working fine up until the latest update where my unit then froze and did not update, after researching the Xbox KB and forums online and following the myriad amount of steps given to resolve the issue, an offline update was performed and was at least able to get back to the home screen. However none of the games will update (Really only play a few titles, primary being MS Flight simulator and even the games played on Xbox Ultimate have failed to launch or update such as Starfield. I've reached out to Xbox support on 3 separate occasions, twice was promised a call back which never happened and when I spoke with someone the third time on 3/6/24 I was given the run around and told that my unit has a hardware failure. Since the unit is out of warranty by a few months I was told "buying a new one would be the better option. and costs as much as sending in a repair. This is unacceptable for a number of reasons.

1) I was prompted to clear my local cache, check my network, turn the power off, etc, etc, ad nauseam and this did not resolve the issue. I was even told to perform a factory reset which I did and was promised that that would resolve since the unit is pretty much working but not updating. None have worked.

2) As I have primarily have been playing PS4/PS5 there's less than a 100 hours on the unit if that much.

3) It was working fine until the last scheduled auto update.

4) I've been paying for premium service which I can no longer use.

This can not be an isolated instance. If so, there has to be an engineer somewhere in Redmond that knows what the heck's going on. I was told I could take the unit in to Best Buy or Ubreakifixit for repair again at a cost. I think I'm going to paint it Lemon Yellow and send it to Bill Gates instead. If you spend this amount of money on a high end console you expect it to last quite a few years with minimal wear with normal use. I've an original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox1, they all work! Even the Red Ring of Death issue pales in comparison and was fixed with no further issues. I expected a more robust technical team to investigate the issue instead of being passed off as a novice who has vast sums of cash at their disposal. This will be the last Xbox that I will ever purchase if this is the shoddy product to be expected and low level support that is offered.

:)

Comments Under Constant, Mar 8, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. RainingRoses Win User

My series x won’t load backwards compatible games like

Hi Jaden,

This is one of the known issues on the Series X|S consoles

Known issue: Some users are experiencing issues launching Xbox 360 games, which instead return the user back to the Home screen on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Workaround: Clear your Xbox 360 storage by going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage.

Hope this helps! :)
  4. Kill Kayt Win User

Xbox Series X Captures do no have Dialogue.

A Series S is technically different hardware. I haven't seen anyone with a Series S post this issue. They all seem to have a Series X.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?

This is the same issue I had with X Series X console. It's a hardware fault. You will need to get the console repaired or replaced under warranty.
  6. TrustTheProcess2 Win User

Xbox Series X Hardware Issue

I will for sure. Looks like faulty hardware and we are hopeless.
Thema:

1. Known Hardware Issue with Series X? - Similar Threads - Known Hardware Issue

2. Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?: While talking to friends on different platforms during saying sentences and talking it seems my voice has to be quite loud to pick up. Is there anyway to increase my mic sensitivity? Along with...
  3. Any known WiFi connection issue with series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any known WiFi connection issue with series x?: For the past week every single day I have gotten home and turned on my Xbox only to see that it cannot connect to my WiFi day after day. I have power cycled my xbox, router, and modem every day, I...
  4. Why does Microsoft charge $299 to repair an Xbox for a known issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft charge $299 to repair an Xbox for a known issue?: Our Xbox Series X turns off after being on for less than 10 seconds. We went through all of the troubleshooting steps (both online and through tech support) and the only option was for us to send...
  5. Is there a known issue with 8TB SSD USB 3 drives for Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a known issue with 8TB SSD USB 3 drives for Series X?: I bought a legit Samsung 8TB 870 QVO USB drive. After I format it in Windows then attach it to my Series X, it is recognized and option given to install games there etc, etc. Setup and initial...
  6. Is my console broken? Or is there a known issue with some games?

in XboX Insiders
    Is my console broken? Or is there a known issue with some games?: Hey thanks in advance for any help, so I have a series x which is around 6 months old and up until a few weeks ago all seemed fine. Lately I have been trying some new games out and the console...
  7. How to appeal account was perma banned based on the known Xbox exploit.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to appeal account was perma banned based on the known Xbox exploit.: My XBox account is permanently banned I believe due to a well known XBox exploit as detailed here: [mod removed] There are multiple other videos that detail and highlight the same exploit. How...
  8. I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...: Split from this thread. Was Playing RB6 Siege on iCloud gaming on PC perfectly, then as starfield released I noticed it not starting up I play any other iCloud games is there an issue with...
  9. I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm have problems with start up of games on cloud gaming. Is there a known problem and is...: Help with cloud gaming nit loading. 84aecb15-96fe-4f6f-80c5-5d834b6a7d02
  10. Same question as last, my grandpa's xbox account password isn't known and it belongs to an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Same question as last, my grandpa's xbox account password isn't known and it belongs to an...: Same question as last, my grandpa's xbox account password isn't known, and it belongs to an email which doesn't exist anymore. I'll post it here, Is it over for my grandpa's account? He forgot the...