Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset

Discus and support Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just as a bit of background. I haven't played on XBOX Live in quite some time until just recently. I got the XBOX1 w/o Kinect so it had that crappy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Son Go Poo, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Son Go Poo
    Son Go Poo Guest

Just as a bit of background. I haven't played on XBOX Live in quite some time until just recently. I got the XBOX1 w/o Kinect so it had that crappy headset instead. After a friend of mine showed me the difference between that and playing with a stereo headset
    (he uses Skullcandy Crush headphones with inline mic). I decided that I was seriously missing out by using the stock headset. First I used a pair of Beats Studio headphones I was given with an inline mic, which worked decently enough I suppose. But I have
    this bad habit of going super OCD whenever I get into something new. After doing many hours of research, I had at first decided to get the Astro A40s. But then stumbled across a relatively unknown headset called the HyperX Cloud by Kingston, who I thought
    only made memory, RAM/discs/cards/pretty much everything that involves memory. Every review I found was very very positive. So I decided I'd try to find em locally so I could hopefully test em out first, or at worst, quickly return them if I found I didn't
    like them. But NOWHERE locally had them in-stock. Even Gamestop listed them as Web only. I eventually came across a used set on eBay for $50 (when I asked the seller why he was getting rid of em, he said it was because he but the HyperX Cloud 2 for the USB3
    sound card included with them. Which made me think he must have had a good experience with em. Well they arrived yesterday. In MINT condition. I decided I'd test em on my Galaxy S5 with Viper4Android because I get incredible range with that app and it's drivers
    on my phone. The headset performed incredibly. The $300 Beats sounded like $3.99 garbage in comparison. Even with the lows. Which I expected Beats to have an advantage on, the Kingston's superior quality was most evident with bass. The Beats sounded forced
    and distorted. Almost fake. But the Clouds were smooth and very natural feeling. Even with the bass boost turned all the way up to uncomfortable levels. It bothered my ears. But not the headset. It handled as much bass and as much volume as I threw at it like
    a champ. While the Beats sounded ready to blow at much lower volume. The mods and highs, similarly were great it all sounded very smooth and natural. Polar opposite to the Beats, which sounded forced and just completely out of place by comparison. Even all
    the pairs I tested at Gamestop didn't sound any better than the Clouds. The seemingly unbelievable reviews weren't exaggerated at all. However, this is only for listening at this point. I haven't used them online yet, so haven't tried the mic which was named
    in every review as the Achilles heel of this headset. I'm not terribly concerned since I'm a childless bachelor, so there won't be any background noise. Though, as I previously mentioned, I'm super OCD and thought, worst case scenario, couldn't I just gut
    the mic and replace the internals with internals from a quality mic, making it an all-around top notch headset for still under $100? But then I've never seen any posts of people doing that. So I'm curious if it's not as simple as that, and there's some other
    factors involved that make it to where only that mic can be used? Anybody with more knowledge about Frankenstein-ing headsets have any input/advice on that?

:)

Son Go Poo, Jul 14, 2015
  2. BIG W0RM 80
    BIG W0RM 80 Guest
    Xbox App Microphone Problem

Built into headset. Kingston HyperX Fury.

BIG W0RM 80, Jul 14, 2015
  3. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
    Help deciding between 2 headsets

Kingston HyperX Cloud II

n7oldnavy, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset

I would say that it's possible, the only thing that I would say is to make sure the impedance of the replacement is the same or less than that of the one that's there. If it's higher it might draw too much power and either heat up, drain your batteries,
    or just kill the headset completely. (usually, better quality mics have lower impedence.)

You might also want to contact Kingston and see if they can sell you a replacement mic that you can play around with.

Skeeter Quill, Jul 14, 2015
  5. Son Go Poo
    Son Go Poo Guest
    That's what I was leaning towards. I know the Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 headset. supposedly remedied the mic issues. However, it's controls were built into the USB3 soundcard which doesn't work with the XBOX1 controller so the biggest improvement on them
    was actually the most detrimental thing to using them on an XBOX1. Hopefully they can sell just a spare Cloud 2 mic. Or at least point me in the direction of one I can Frankenstein into it

Son Go Poo, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

I would say that it's possible, the only thing that I would say is to make sure the impedance of the replacement is the same or less than that of the one that's there. If it's higher it might draw too much power and either heat up, drain your batteries,
    or just kill the headset completely. (usually, better quality mics have lower impedence.)

You might also want to contact Kingston and see if they can sell you a replacement mic that you can play around with.
  7. Son Go Poo Win User

That's what I was leaning towards. I know the Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 headset. supposedly remedied the mic issues. However, it's controls were built into the USB3 soundcard which doesn't work with the XBOX1 controller so the biggest improvement on them
    was actually the most detrimental thing to using them on an XBOX1. Hopefully they can sell just a spare Cloud 2 mic. Or at least point me in the direction of one I can Frankenstein into it
  8. BIG W0RM 80 Win User

Xbox App Microphone Problem

Built into headset. Kingston HyperX Fury.
  9. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Headset

Kingston HyperX CloudX Stinger Core Gaming Headset cost $20 and I have no big complaints about the headset.
  10. H3PA80R Win User

Surround Sound Headset

I would recommend the HyperX Cloud II from Kingston or the Stealth 700 from Turtle Beach
Thema:

1. Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset - Similar Threads - Kingston HyperX Cloud

2. How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?: I got the HyperX Cloud Stinger Core Wireless headset and have no clue how to pair it to my xbox series x. The vague instructions and the limited online search results aren't helpful what so ever....
  3. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  4. why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working: I have a hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset, it’s not a usb one but for some reason the audio will go out for a few seconds and reconnect. it’s fully charged and it keeps doing it....
  5. cant choose my kingston usb drive when i try to install forza horizon 5 o xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    cant choose my kingston usb drive when i try to install forza horizon 5 o xbox app: can anybody help me really want to install it fd654f9b-9bb0-4437-bbb0-39a7b380477a
  6. XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as...: Good day! So i have a problem, my XBOX Series X is not allowing to set my Kingston DataTraveler Kyson USB 3.2 128GB drive as capture location. It is showing me error message 0x80bf003b and saying...
  7. Kingston 128GB Data traveler (DT100G3) capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kingston 128GB Data traveler (DT100G3) capture: Hi, bought kingston datatraveler flash drive for capturing shots from xbox series x, formated it to ntfs but still getting 0x80bd003b error staying that drive is too slow and I should use 3.0 or...
  8. Hyperx Kingston headset hookup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hyperx Kingston headset hookup: Was just curious if you can hookup any headset using usb adapter or are you forced to use the adapter for the controller. Also if it makes a difference I'm running on a OG xbox 1. [img]...
  9. Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB: Hi everyone. I own a 4GB Xbox360 Slim and I wanted to buy a Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB to use it as an external memory. Does it work good? a1803c30-226b-434d-b5b2-fcebca832053
  10. Kingston HyperX Cloud II headsets on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kingston HyperX Cloud II headsets on XB1: Ok, I'm about to give up.I'm a COD player/Battlefield etc player only. And I'm about to have complete meltdown. I have an Astra A50, a TBeach XP500 (with Xbox adapter) and quite frankly they all...