Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?

Discus and support Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question regarding the body tracking system of the Kinect2. I read somewhere that it can track up to 6 people simultaneously. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anselme clergeot, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the body tracking system of the Kinect2.
    I read somewhere that it can track up to 6 people simultaneously.

But let's imagine there are more than 6 people on the room and visible by the sensor.
    Are we guaranteed that the 6 bodies given by the Kinect2 API are the 6 one closest to the sensor ? Or are there just the first 6 bodies that were registered ?

Thank you

:)

anselme clergeot, Jul 8, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It can identify up to 6 people sitting in a room

Active players is entirely dependent on the game
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I'm afraid no one here is equipped to answer programming questions, it's a consumer tech support forum.

Best of luck to you however, I'm a big Kinect fan
  4. anselme clergeot Win User

Oh, then my bad. I'll try to find a suitable forum. Thanks
  5. anselme clergeot Win User

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, you didn't answer my question.
    I'm not talking about the games, but the Microsoft API for the Kinect2 Sensor (as I'm the one developping a game.)

In a room with 12 people standing in front of the sensor, how does the API decides which bodies are gathered through the "BodyFrame.GetAndRefreshBodyData()" function ?

Are the 6 bodies the 6 closest people to the sensor in the Z axis ? Or are their the first people that the sensor recognizes ?
    I understand that the game can decides which of the 6 bodies is the active player, but there's a moment which the API must decides which bodies to compute if there are more than 6 in the room.

Thanks !
  6. THE PRIS0NER Win User

Is it a possibility?

The Kinect2 seems pretty complex. I'm thinking it will probably use all of that RAM by itself. Tracking multiple people at once... detailing things like where their weight is shifting, facial expressions, etc. It's pretty incredible.
Thema:

1. Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ? - Similar Threads - Kinect2 Maximum number

2. Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...: The Xbox ONE version of Hogwarts Legacy is much cheaper, but if it limits the Series X's potential in any way, I won't buy it. 7f40e94d-80f8-402e-b6ac-5ebc3cf9e02c
  3. Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking: I completed Quantum Break on 6/25 … well, at least I thought I did. I was mopping up the last of the achievements, collected my last Chronon Source and upgraded the final ability that was still...
  4. Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product: Last week, I returned a Series X (certified refurbished) because it was dead on arrival. After I got the return was processed and I got the refund, I am trying to purchase again. However, I’m...
  5. Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.: Everytime I start up my Series X and put on my Arctis 7x Wireless, the volume-setting of the headset is reset to maximum volume. I mean the volume-setting on the XBox, under that speaker-icon you...
  6. Maximum football 2020 has frozen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum football 2020 has frozen.: just bought. Maximum football 2020 on the xbox store. It has frozen, what can I do?, c13ed62d-8199-4b8b-88e8-fd3cf4745db1
  7. What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X?: Hi all, I have a 1.000 mbit/s internet connection. All my devices at home a downloading between 750 - 1.000 mbit/s except the Xbox X. Its just 380 - 400 mbit/s if I download a game. I have tried...
  8. Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4: I have an 8 TB Seagate external HD for games and a second 8 TB Seagate external HD for movies(MP4). However, the Series X (and XBox one) can only read about 2 TB of movies. The Series X will see...
  9. Maximum xbox one x internal storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum xbox one x internal storage: Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade internal storage of my xbox one x. I know the ps4 pro supports a maximum internal storage of 4tb and I thought/assumed that the xbox one x would support a similar...
  10. Kinect2 better than 1?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect2 better than 1?: How have I gone this long without knowing what a total blast this thing is, and feel good about gaming at the same time? Just bought a used k1 from gamestop. I used to bag on this thing as just a...