Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.

Discus and support Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just replaced my broken Xbox One console with a brand new one and I can't get my Kinect to turn my TV on and off. It controls volume perfectly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jerjef, May 8, 2015.

1. Jerjef
    Jerjef Guest

I've just replaced my broken Xbox One console with a brand new one and I can't get my Kinect to turn my TV on and off. It controls volume perfectly fine and is operating my cable receiver 100% Before I returned my original console, which this worked on,
    I wrote down the remote code for my TV. When I enter it this time I have the issue I speak of above. I've tried the auto setup with the same issue.

Any suggestions?

:)

Jerjef, May 8, 2015
  2. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Xbox One TV Control Issues

its under the Kinect>? at least for the power setting part... not sure... I am at work.... but I know the 3 options are XBOX OFF turn off Kinect, Turns off Kinect & TV Turns off Kinect TV and Receiver .. XBOX ON turns on etc etc etc

tohellnbak, May 8, 2015
  3. Briz9
    Briz9 Guest
    Xbox One and Kinect randomly turning off

I having two problems:

1) Often, when I turn on the console, it will almost immediately turn itself off. The most annoying thing is that it turns my TV on the first time, but not off when it cuts itself off. So I have to manually turn my TV off so when I turn the console back
    on, it won't shut it off.

2) Recently, within the past day or two, my when my console is on, my Kinect constantly turns off and on about every 5 seconds.

Briz9, May 8, 2015
  4. Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.

Start over and make sure that the TV is set to TV and that the sound is set to the stereo or receiver if you have one. If not these...sorry but it sounds like something in settings is wrong or that the code you entered is not correct. Look at the delay
    signal options or multi options for turn off, toggle and turn on

NewBlacksmurf, May 8, 2015
  5. tohellnbak Win User

Xbox One TV Control Issues

its under the Kinect>? at least for the power setting part... not sure... I am at work.... but I know the 3 options are XBOX OFF turn off Kinect, Turns off Kinect & TV Turns off Kinect TV and Receiver .. XBOX ON turns on etc etc etc
  6. NathanielLarson Win User

Turn off voice commands?

Okay, so I don't think there is a way to just turn off voice commands but you can turn off the kinect. say "Xbox, go to settings" and go to the kinect settings and you can turn it off. That or you could wear a headset and then other players voices won't
    be going through the tv and you can still have voice commands and hear the other players.
  7. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Instant on, game resume

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart
    TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.
  8. paternostergang Win User

Auto sign in

Yes I do have Kinect. It is set to turn on and off the TV when the Xbox turns on.
  9. x24hrs2livex Win User

Voice chat through headset only?

One thing I just tried was turning off my kinect as a microphone. At first my party chat was only through the tv and once I turned it off it was head set only. Go settings and select kinect, and then turn it off as a microphone for chat. I hope that helps
Thema:

1. Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off. - Similar Threads - Kinect won't Turn

2. my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound: I have had this kinect for a while now but a few days ago it just stopped working. I am 80% sure that the power brick is fine, and when I plug in the kinect to PC / XBOX the kinect connected...
  3. Xbox360 kinect connects to PC but won't register in any programs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 kinect connects to PC but won't register in any programs: I am trying to use it as a 3D scanner and all the light does is blink green. e64f8d6c-9447-4dbc-b4b6-74027e6878b8
  4. Bing command won't work on Kinect (360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bing command won't work on Kinect (360): Basically every voice command works except for the "Bing" command, it just gives me a "Can't process speech right now, try again later" error. 5bbdb6dd-d950-40d4-8335-bdc4dd47935a
  5. Xbox one won't connect to my kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't connect to my kinect: Hi I'm. Having issues geting the kinect to connect to. My xbox one it was working fine till I moved to a difrent room. Now it won't connect to my xbox at all can any one help me as I play a lot...
  6. Kinect won't turn on my reciver

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect won't turn on my reciver: Hi there! I have issue with my reciver Pioneer vsx322k. I add my devices in Settings - TV & OneGuide/ When I select option "turn on all my devices when I say Xbox ON" xbox one turn on my TV but...
  7. Kinect camera won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect camera won't turn off: hi all Recently when I turn off my Xbox at night the Kinect and camera stay on. It won't even let me change the Kinect settings (see picture) Does anyone know what to do besides unplugging the...
  8. Kinect won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't turn on: My kinect won't turn on anymore It has been working but i moved my exbox to another room and when I went to to sign in it wasn't working b4adbc7e-4170-4ddc-baec-9dca6dcbdbc5
  9. Kinect won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't turn on: Outr Kinect simply won't turn on - no light on the unit - no matter what we try. We already returned it to Microsoft for repair once and still no power at all. could it be the console that is the...
  10. Kinect won't turn on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't turn on Xbox One: I have to manually turn on the One but once it is turned on, Kinect works fine. Did I do something to Kinect? 4543788b-78a8-4c25-9c66-2128b1939a46