Kinect won't turn on Xbox One

Discus and support Kinect won't turn on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to manually turn on the One but once it is turned on, Kinect works fine. Did I do something to Kinect? 4543788b-78a8-4c25-9c66-2128b1939a46 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperRyo, Aug 17, 2014.

1. SuperRyo
    SuperRyo Guest

I have to manually turn on the One but once it is turned on, Kinect works fine. Did I do something to Kinect?

:)

SuperRyo, Aug 17, 2014
  2. kinect voice command help

My Kinect voice command turns of my Xbox one, TV and Directv box but won't turn on anything not even Xbox. Is there a setting I have wrong?

TOXIC2theHEAD, Aug 17, 2014
  3. Kinect with xbox one - kinect turns off by itself.

Hey there ElitistDisc5496,

Sorry to hear about the Kinect issues, please try
    this guide
    for when the Kinect sensor won't turn on and see if it helps out with this issue.

Mister Mascot, Aug 17, 2014
  4. Lloydy25
    Lloydy25 Guest

I had the same problem. It was correctly positioned & calibrated but "xbox on" would hardly ever work no matter how clearly I spoke. I gave up and always use the controller to turn it on now.

You could check if it is correctly calibrated.

Lloydy25, Aug 17, 2014
  5. SuperRyo
    SuperRyo Guest
    I have calibrated many times. it used to work but i think i turned it off. now turning back on doesn't allow xbox on to work anymore.

SuperRyo, Aug 17, 2014
  6. There's an option for it under [Settings > Power and Startup] that can turn the "Xbox On" voice command on or off. Check there to see if it's unselected. Kinect won't turn on Xbox One ;)

Galactic Geek, Aug 17, 2014
  7. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Had a bit of trouble at first but I got it to happen. There is a 2 sec pause between saying it and when the light comes on and the console starts to boot.

RippenHarra, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: