Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?

Discus and support Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I set up my Xbox One X when it arrived on Tuesday with only one issue. The Kinect IR blaster will not control my Onkyo Audio Receiver. I'll... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MatthewVasecka, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?

So, I set up my Xbox One X when it arrived on Tuesday with only one issue. The Kinect IR blaster will not control my Onkyo Audio Receiver. I'll describe my install and troubleshooting steps so far:

I have it connected in the exact same way my original Xbox One was connected with the exception of the Kinect adapter that was needed. Cable box connects to Xbox with HDMI - Xbox connects to TV with HDMI - Xbox connects to Audio receiver with optical.
    Audio/Video worked perfectly immediately. The Xbox picked up my TV and programmed for it without need for manual intervention. I went into settings to configure the Audio receiver...

First attempt - I manually input my receiver model information - it gave a list - I selected the right one. It seemed good until I tried to mute, volume up, volume down, etc... with voice commands.

Second attempt - I went thru the "guide me" steps. It sends out commands and asks you if it worked - none of them worked.

Third attempt / confirmation - I again manually input my receiver model information - it gave a list - I selected the right one. I then went to my original Xbox and checked to see what was in there for a "remote code" - both matched (my new xbox one x and
    the original). Still unable to control my Audio Receiver thru the connect when connected to the xbox one x.

I found a couple other comments online about this same issue when others switched to the Xbox One S - which also requires the adapter, making it think that the adapter may be related to the issue.

I opened a chat with support - they had me describe how I am set up, but couldn't find a reason for the issue that was occurring. They are hopefully looking into the issue further, and going to get back to me.

Has anyone else had similar issue - I'm hoping to find a resolution as I really enjoy being able to utilize the Xbox voice commands at times.

:)

MatthewVasecka, Nov 9, 2017
  2. rkellogg9
    rkellogg9 Guest
    Xbox one X IR output

anyone else having issues using an IR output cable to control their cable box or receiver? During the set up phase the Xbox one X has no problems controlling the audio, but stops working after I complete the setup.

rkellogg9, Nov 9, 2017
  3. T Destroy3r
    T Destroy3r Guest
    Can the Media Remote control my audio receiver WITHOUT a Kinect?

Hello, I have an Xbox One without Kinect. I have my audio receiver set up to power on and off with my Xbox, but would also like to control the receivers volume through my Xbox. Is this possible with the Media Remote if I do not have a Kinect?

T Destroy3r, Nov 9, 2017
  4. UndgnfiedWrshpr Win User

Optical Out - What is it for??

I'm thinking about buying a new receiver as mine doesn't have HDMI only optical. But to do so I would have to shell out at least $200 for one. I'm wondering if I'll be able to control my audio with the Kinect by using the optical audio output or will I
    need to make the upgrade to do so.
  5. MattyIsYaDaddy Win User

Xbox one standard exchange

Anyone else receive their other accessories back yet? I have only received the console and kinect only. No power supply controller and hdmi
  6. rtrip9 Win User

Dolby Atmos not working Xbox one X

I run my Xbox one x through a onkio receiver and my atmos works great. Not sure of your receiver has the same settings as mine, but I went into audio settings and made sure it was set to atmos digital audio and also set up the Xbox to control my receiver
    over hdmi.

Check the receiver settings for that hdmi port and see what it is set to.
  7. Herbino Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

Does the Kinect actually have an ir receiver or is it just a blaster to control the TV and audio receiver?
  8. wheeler32 Win User

General Complaints about the New Xbox One Experience

Over a week ago, I ordered an Xbox One + Kinect for the hand control feature in Plex. Yesterday, I received an Xbox One + Kinect without the hand control feature in Plex, Hulu, or XBOE. Is that not even a little bit of bait-and-switch?

In my experience, it's just not fair to sell an item to us as having a certain feature set but remove parts of that feature set during the unboxing and upgrading; it's not illegal but it's a little illegitimate.
Thema:

Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?

1. Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else? - Similar Threads - Kinect control Audio

2. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...: I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?...
  3. Xbox one with Kinect and wireless control - turns on automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one with Kinect and wireless control - turns on automatically: Hi Team, My Xbox one, with Kinect and two wireless controls, keeps turning on automatically. When it does the Kinect also turns on - it feels like it’s spying or wanting to spy on us. I fully re...
  4. Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox voice control keeps opening apps while im talking to friends using my kinect.: I was in the middle of a game of Fortnite talking to my teammate, and xbox kinect opened a app, and then my game closed, how do i stop xbox kinect's voice control from doing this?...
  5. Ovládání XONES,X pomocí kinectu [XONES control,X using kinect]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ovládání XONES,X pomocí kinectu [XONES control,X using kinect]: Dobrý den, před týdnem jsem si koupil na XONES kinect a docela mě zklamalo, že ikdyž je tento kinect lepší než u 360, tak nemá tolik možností. Když si vezmete, že na X360 jste mohli dělat hodně...
  6. Media Player Tracks & Kinect Voice Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player Tracks & Kinect Voice Control: When you have one track that rolls over to the "next page" there is no "next page" function and the track can't be selected using voice control. See the linked screenshot as an example or load an...
  7. Weird issue with kinect and instant-on A/V component control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird issue with kinect and instant-on A/V component control: I usually don't post because someone(s) has had the same issue and I can usually find answers in online forums, but I seriously doubt anyone has posted about this. I have the kinect and use it...
  8. Remote code for Kinect to control audio reciever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote code for Kinect to control audio reciever: Hello, I just bought a new Xbox One S as an upgrade to an Xbox One. My original Xbox One was setup to control (on/off, volume, etc) an Anthem MRX1120 receiver through the Kinect. Since buying...
  9. Can I use voice to control Xbox one without Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use voice to control Xbox one without Kinect: I tried to insert my iPhone headphone to controller and said some voice command, Cortana cannot hear me. How to control my xbox with voice without Kinect? 9efd8389-eaba-49c8-a4c6-da52a6813193
  10. Can the Media Remote control my audio receiver WITHOUT a Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Media Remote control my audio receiver WITHOUT a Kinect?: Hello, I have an Xbox One without Kinect. I have my audio receiver set up to power on and off with my Xbox, but would also like to control the receivers volume through my Xbox. Is this possible...