Kinect V2 stopped working from W10 17713

Discus and support Kinect V2 stopped working from W10 17713 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, My Kinect V2 no longer recognized on the W10 after 17713. Anyone can advise what can I do to make it to work again. Thanks in advance. CT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CTChung, Aug 8, 2018.

1. CTChung
    CTChung Guest

Hi,

My Kinect V2 no longer recognized on the W10 after 17713. Anyone can advise what can I do to make it to work again.

Thanks in advance.

CT

:)

CTChung, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Kinect 2 availability

Hello,

I am working on a R&D project involving the Kinect V2 (for Xbox One but with the adapter), and I was told by an employee from BestBuy Canada that the Kinect v2 (even the version for Xbox) was discontinued.

Is it true? I see I can still buy it from the Microsoft Store, but is it still produced ? And if so, do you know since when there will be support/production for the Kinect v2.

Thanks for your answer,

ChuteTable9048, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

Hey there Nixe Ahn,

Using that adapter you, should be able to hook the Kinect Sensor up to an Xbox One S console. The

FAQ guide
    for the Kinect for Windows v2 would suggest that when using the adapter the sensor should work on an Xbox One console, or Xbox One S console using the adapter since functionally it can be used in the reverse scenario.

From the FAQ

If you already own a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, please be assured that our support for the v2 sensor remains unchanged and you can continue to use it for both commercial and non-commercial uses. If you don’t have a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, we encourage
    you to purchase the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows—which together, are functionally identical to the v2 sensor for developing and running Kinect for Windows v2 applications. We no longer manufacture Kinect for Windows v2 sensors
    and have sold out of existing stock."

Microsoft has consolidated the Kinect for Windows developer experience around the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and is no longer producing the Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. We encourage developers who do not already have the v2 sensor to use the functionally
    identical Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows to create interactive v2 solutions and applications. The adapter enables you to connect a Kinect for Xbox One sensor to Windows 8.0, 8.1, and 10 PCs and tablets in the same way as you would
    a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. Since the Kinect for Xbox One and Kinect for Windows v2 sensors are functionally identical, the Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 works exactly the same with either."

So by this information you should be able to use it without any issues, since it works in the reverse scenario.

I hope that helps to clarify things for you. Kinect V2 stopped working from W10 17713 :)

Mister Mascot, Aug 8, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Aug 8, 2018
  5. Darksnake11sp, Aug 8, 2018
  6. CTChung
    CTChung Guest
    CTChung, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: