Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.

Discus and support Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About two weeks ago i lost the ability to turn off xbox one using kinect. The system recognizes the "Xbox Turn Off" command and brings up the (yes /... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by {DigitalDave}, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.

About two weeks ago i lost the ability to turn off xbox one using kinect. The system recognizes the "Xbox Turn Off" command and brings up the (yes / no) selections, but ignores all commands but "Xbox". The kinect symbol top right does react to me saying
    yes or no (lights up green) but ignores it. All other methods of powering it off work normally, including using a controller to select "yes" from "xbox turn off" screen

:)

{DigitalDave}, Jan 27, 2014
  2. Kinect & MS Privacy Policy

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user=""]

Kinect is not functional when it is off. You can turn it off to the point that it can neither hear nor see you. What part do you not understand about "IT CAN BE TURNED TOTALLY OFF"

[/quote]

And yet people are saying it will respond to commands like Xbox Off................. if Kinect is turned off and therefore nothing is functioning on it, how may I ask is it functioning to respond to certain commands still. To me if its still working its
    not off at all.

[/quote]

No you can turn it to a standby mode where it will respond to xbox on or xbox off. You can also turn it completely off where it will not respond at all.

SatNiteEduardo, Jan 27, 2014
  3. epic FUZZ
    epic FUZZ Guest
    MS ANSWERS!

[quote user="Rhino61466"]

I want kinect and the fact that u can turn it off is awesome. Ryse looks like the 1st Kinect game actually worthy of playing.

[/quote]

How is being able to turn it off a selling point!? You ca do that on the current Kinect

epic FUZZ, Jan 27, 2014
  4. Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.

Had this happen to me 3 times i believe... Matter of fact, when this began, slowly each day more and more stopped working command wise. It ended up not hearing anything. Fixed temporarily by a SOFT REBOOT. Hold down power button for 5-8 seconds, unplug
    power cable for 30 seconds, plug all back in and reboot and wait for all to boot back up. This worked for awhile, eventually it took a Factory RESET to get any stability. You can find that in settings and factory reset. Try solution 1 first and see if that
    fixes it, if not reset. Good Luck.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 27, 2014
  5. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

say xbox stop listening maybe. Or unplug your Kinect, or turn it off in the settings menu on the dashboard. Any of these should work.
  6. IAmProjectAlice Win User

Xbox kinect issue: Mic Icon is always showing

if you turn the sensor off by going into the kinect settings on the dashboard, it should stop displaying the mic. But if you only turn the kinect mic off, it will still display the mic symbol in the game. As i have one but i just turn the kinect sensor off
    and it turns the mic totally off
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Kinect taking over from headset on Xbone

I tried typing a fully coherent response and that is all that appeared...sorry.

The Kinect does not cut off just because there is a mic present.

The Kinect is still listening for commands

The mic is only communicating or chatting with others.

Both work simultaneously but if you're expecting the Kinect to stop listening for commands you will have to turn off the Kinect settings as such.
  8. Frothydawg Win User

Xbox One Kinect Stopped Working

My XBoxOne suddenly stopped working last night as well. Was there an update recently or something? In addition to my Kinect suddenly bricking, it also stopped turning my TV & receiver off/on. The heck's going on?
  9. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Had this happen to me 3 times i believe... Matter of fact, when this began, slowly each day more and more stopped working command wise. It ended up not hearing anything. Fixed temporarily by a SOFT REBOOT. Hold down power button for 5-8 seconds, unplug
    power cable for 30 seconds, plug all back in and reboot and wait for all to boot back up. This worked for awhile, eventually it took a Factory RESET to get any stability. You can find that in settings and factory reset. Try solution 1 first and see if that
    fixes it, if not reset. Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working. - Similar Threads - Kinect Turn Off

2. my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    my XBOX ONE kinect won't turn on and is making a buzzing sound: I have had this kinect for a while now but a few days ago it just stopped working. I am 80% sure that the power brick is fine, and when I plug in the kinect to PC / XBOX the kinect connected...
  3. Turn off Kinect commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off Kinect commands: I was just wondering if there is a way to remove Kinect Xbox commands, but still be able to use the Kinect for chat and streaming. Everything I've found so far online suggests not. If anyone...
  4. Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect: It won't recognize my BenQ gp20 projector. It will not power it up or down. It will control the volume though. 841b60a8-fc55-49a8-b49a-68380f6a76a9
  5. Skype needs to turn on the kinect mic when i launch the app and turn off the mic when i turn ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype needs to turn on the kinect mic when i launch the app and turn off the mic when i turn ...: I do not want my kinect mic on all the time, only when I am using skype. Am I missing the option to have skype turn it on and off, or is this another thing that isn't integrated that well. I...
  6. Kinect camera won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect camera won't turn off: hi all Recently when I turn off my Xbox at night the Kinect and camera stay on. It won't even let me change the Kinect settings (see picture) Does anyone know what to do besides unplugging the...
  7. Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't Turn TV On and Off.: I've just replaced my broken Xbox One console with a brand new one and I can't get my Kinect to turn my TV on and off. It controls volume perfectly fine and is operating my cable receiver 100%...
  8. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?: FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off game sound so i can ACTUALLY HEAR what...
  9. Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice Commands to Turn Off the console: Hi, Not sure if this has been asked and answered or when this will be resolved but ever since the last update my console will not turn off by voice. It goes to Turn Off screen and thats it it...
  10. "Xbox, turn [Kinect] microphone on/off"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Xbox, turn [Kinect] microphone on/off": The issue is that we don't want to use the Kinect microphone when gaming, or on certain games. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as the use of a headset, the Kinect being...