Kinect taking over from headset on Xbone

Discus and support Kinect taking over from headset on Xbone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The issue is that while I can still hear game and party audio through the headset, my own voice is being picked up by kinect instead of the headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fr0sTy99, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Fr0sTy99
    Fr0sTy99 Guest

The issue is that while I can still hear game and party audio through the headset, my own voice is being picked up by kinect instead of the headset microphone. This generally happens when something has interrupted the headset like the controller batteries
    running out or the cord/adapter being removed, and then takes constant fiddling to get it to work properly again. (10+minutes of signing in/out, console/controller/party reset etc)

I've had the problem using both the included headset, and my new Turtlebeach XO4's, both of my controllers, and 2 consoles as the first one had power issues.

I know of a friend or two who had similar problems back near the console launch but not to this extent. Is this still a known problem or is some part of my setup dodgy.

Turning kinect chat off doesn't work either, as then neither accessory picks up audio at all. And it has nothing with the headset being muted through either the adapter or party chat menu

Basically is there a quick fix for this that I'm not doing?

:)

Fr0sTy99, Mar 19, 2014
  2. Random thought / worry.

From everything ive read the Xbone will not be comming with a packaged in headset. ( please correct me if im wrong)

So many will be using Kinect speakers/mic to chat. What happens when your playing Online and players start shouting " Xbox Off"?

TheSpiralMatrix, Mar 19, 2014
  3. Kinect

Do any of you use the Kinect as a mic? I have my Turtlebeach headset on my Xbone for audio, but as there is no mic adapters out yet, I can NOT chat, but I have heard you can chat using the Kinect.

UneasyJmitchell, Mar 19, 2014
  4. Kinect taking over from headset on Xbone

NewBlacksmurf, Mar 20, 2014
  5. Fr0sTy99
    Fr0sTy99 Guest
    controller updates already done.

As i said the mic 'has' been working, and it is affecting both my regular xbox headset and the XO4.

Cheers anyway

Fr0sTy99, Mar 20, 2014
  6. I tried typing a fully coherent response and that is all that appeared...sorry.

The Kinect does not cut off just because there is a mic present.

The Kinect is still listening for commands

The mic is only communicating or chatting with others.

Both work simultaneously but if you're expecting the Kinect to stop listening for commands you will have to turn off the Kinect settings as such.

7. Note: There is no way for the mic to take commands for the Kinect.

8. Fr0sTy99
    Fr0sTy99 Guest

Sorry but that is not at all related to what I said the issue is. Perhaps i should have been more thorough but i thought it was clear that I was referring to party/game chat, not kinect commands.

The problem is that although I can hear both game and voice chat through my headset, the headset mic will not transmit voice. If the kinect option for 'use kinect for in game chat' is on, other people in the game/party tell me my kinect is acting as the
    reciever, if the option is off, nothing will transmit at all.

After a look through the forums it seems there are a number of similar threads so it looks like this is a widespread problem with how kinect or game chat is set up.

Fr0sTy99, Mar 20, 2014
  9. Andrew Barr
    Andrew Barr Guest
    Hi, Fr0sTy99

When your chat headset stops working because of an interuption and kinect takes over, go to your home screen, up the top left go into the users list, highlight your Gamertag and select Choose This Person. This will asign the controller to that user and your
    voice should be transmitted through your Chat Headset again.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Andrew Barr, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Andrew Barr Win User

Hi, Fr0sTy99

When your chat headset stops working because of an interuption and kinect takes over, go to your home screen, up the top left go into the users list, highlight your Gamertag and select Choose This Person. This will asign the controller to that user and your
    voice should be transmitted through your Chat Headset again.

Hope this helps

Andrew
  11. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Note: There is no way for the mic to take commands for the Kinect.
  12. NewBlacksmurf Win User

13. Fr0sTy99 Win User

Sorry but that is not at all related to what I said the issue is. Perhaps i should have been more thorough but i thought it was clear that I was referring to party/game chat, not kinect commands.

The problem is that although I can hear both game and voice chat through my headset, the headset mic will not transmit voice. If the kinect option for 'use kinect for in game chat' is on, other people in the game/party tell me my kinect is acting as the
    reciever, if the option is off, nothing will transmit at all.

After a look through the forums it seems there are a number of similar threads so it looks like this is a widespread problem with how kinect or game chat is set up.
  14. Fr0sTy99 Win User

controller updates already done.

As i said the mic 'has' been working, and it is affecting both my regular xbox headset and the XO4.

Cheers anyway
Thema:

1. Kinect taking over from headset on Xbone - Similar Threads - Kinect taking headset

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  5. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  6. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. How fix the error 0xA00F424F in Camera app when using kinect to take a photo?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How fix the error 0xA00F424F in Camera app when using kinect to take a photo?: Please please solve this big problem, because I can not take a photo using the kinect in Xbox ONE. 02fa34bf-4a7e-4203-b8a7-6cb95551f1d5
  9. How take photos using kinect in Xbox ONE? Because the app Camera don't save photos.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How take photos using kinect in Xbox ONE? Because the app Camera don't save photos.: I want take photos and video using the kinect in Xbox ONE and save the photos in Xbox ONE hard disc. There is a app called Camera but when I click the icon to take a photo the file no save and get...
  10. Can you take screenshots on the xbox one without a kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you take screenshots on the xbox one without a kinect?: Can you take screenshots on the xbox one without a kinect? 10032883-43a0-44c3-8a7e-f9141ec7f90d