Kinect For Development

Discus and support Kinect For Development in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, I am interested in developing with Kinect but am unsure of which Kinect to purchase. I want to develop apps for windows platform. Kinect for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FishyPlayer323, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Kinect For Development

Hi all,

I am interested in developing with Kinect but am unsure of which Kinect to purchase. I want to develop apps for windows platform. Kinect for windows seems to be unavailable. Is microsoft still providing sdk and support for Kinect ?

Which Kinect product should I buy and what other accessories/equipments do I require for developing apps on windows platform.

Can anyone assist ?

Thanks.

:)

FishyPlayer323, Jan 24, 2017
  2. Senna4ever
    Senna4ever Guest
    Kinnect Free Console

People having or not having Kinect will not affect developers decisions to implement Kinect into the games or not.

That is an inane argument.

Not everyone has a 3D TV, yet developers still put 3D options into some games.

FORCING a piece of hardware onto the buyer is not going to convince developers it's worth investing in.

-

They still developed Kinect games (and still do) on the 360 without forcing Kinect onto people...so what is the difference?

Plus FORCING Kinect onto people will not prove Kinect is worth developing for. All it will do is prove everyone has Kinect...not that everyone USES it.

Where as selling Kinect separately will give developers a clearer set of numbers on people that actually want and will use Kinect for their own free will.

-

Also, let's say I buy the new Xbox (I won't while it's bundled with Kinect).

I take it out of the box and as Kinect is not longer "mandatory". I just destroy it. Not put it away in a cupbaoard to gather dust...destroy the hardware so I not longer own it.

So you are saying developers will no longer utilise Kinect just cos I do not have it?

-

If people are not going to use Kinect...then they are not going to buy Kinect based games. This is simple stuff.

So FORCING Kinect onto people is just going to give developers a false vision to follow.

Everyone having Kinect does not equate to everyone wants or will use it.

-

I'm not saying they should remove Kinect completely.

I'm just asking what is wrong with choice?

1) A console with Kinect.

2) A Console without Kinect and the option to add later.

Choice. Why is that a bad thing?

-

At the very least, selling Kinect separate will give developers a clearer view of how well received Kinect is.

FORCING it onto people will just be a lie.

Either way, they will continue to develop for Kinect.

Senna4ever, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Senna4ever
    Senna4ever Guest
    I seriously don't understand these Kinnect arguments...

Developers still made games on the 360 without Kinect being forced onto people...so what has changed?

-

Me, you or anyone else not owning Kinect is not going to stop developers from making games with Kinect as it's sole input or even as a secondary option.

Developers with either use Kinect, or they won't. Forcing it onto people will not affect that.

Besides, if one is just going to unplug Kinect and not use it, they they will not buy Kinect based games to begin with...right? So what would be the point then?

Or is the point that Microsoft forcing Kinect onto people is just a way to waste developers time and money developing for hardware people do not want?

Ergo, forcing Kinect as part of the package is completely inane and will only make people not buy it at the inflated price.

-

However, if Kinect is sold as an option. Then figures would show how many people have brought Kinect cos they ACTUALLY want it. Therefore giving developers a clearer view on how well the hardware is selling and whether it is worth developing for.

Saving everyone time and money in the long run.

-

Bottom line. Forcing people to buy Kinect, even if they can unplug it is asinine. It will not affect developers at all and using that as a defence for Kinect is flawed.

-

Move away from Kinect just for a while.

A lot of developers include other options into games like 3D that not everyone has...yet they still do it.

Senna4ever, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Kinect For Development

Hi,

You may use the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) 2.0 to create applications that support gesture and voice recognition using Kinect Sensor technology. Refer to this
    link for more information.

We recommend that you contact our
    Answer desk team
    for in-depth assistance on what Kinect Sensor will best suit your needs.

Regards.

Catherine Cus., Jan 25, 2017
  5. Catherine Cus. Win User

Kinect For Development

Hi,

You may use the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) 2.0 to create applications that support gesture and voice recognition using Kinect Sensor technology. Refer to this
    link for more information.

We recommend that you contact our
    Answer desk team
    for in-depth assistance on what Kinect Sensor will best suit your needs.

Regards.
  6. Senna4ever Win User

Kinnect Free Console

People having or not having Kinect will not affect developers decisions to implement Kinect into the games or not.

That is an inane argument.

Not everyone has a 3D TV, yet developers still put 3D options into some games.

FORCING a piece of hardware onto the buyer is not going to convince developers it's worth investing in.

-

They still developed Kinect games (and still do) on the 360 without forcing Kinect onto people...so what is the difference?

Plus FORCING Kinect onto people will not prove Kinect is worth developing for. All it will do is prove everyone has Kinect...not that everyone USES it.

Where as selling Kinect separately will give developers a clearer set of numbers on people that actually want and will use Kinect for their own free will.

-

Also, let's say I buy the new Xbox (I won't while it's bundled with Kinect).

I take it out of the box and as Kinect is not longer "mandatory". I just destroy it. Not put it away in a cupbaoard to gather dust...destroy the hardware so I not longer own it.

So you are saying developers will no longer utilise Kinect just cos I do not have it?

-

If people are not going to use Kinect...then they are not going to buy Kinect based games. This is simple stuff.

So FORCING Kinect onto people is just going to give developers a false vision to follow.

Everyone having Kinect does not equate to everyone wants or will use it.

-

I'm not saying they should remove Kinect completely.

I'm just asking what is wrong with choice?

1) A console with Kinect.

2) A Console without Kinect and the option to add later.

Choice. Why is that a bad thing?

-

At the very least, selling Kinect separate will give developers a clearer view of how well received Kinect is.

FORCING it onto people will just be a lie.

Either way, they will continue to develop for Kinect.
  7. Senna4ever Win User

I seriously don't understand these Kinnect arguments...

Developers still made games on the 360 without Kinect being forced onto people...so what has changed?

-

Me, you or anyone else not owning Kinect is not going to stop developers from making games with Kinect as it's sole input or even as a secondary option.

Developers with either use Kinect, or they won't. Forcing it onto people will not affect that.

Besides, if one is just going to unplug Kinect and not use it, they they will not buy Kinect based games to begin with...right? So what would be the point then?

Or is the point that Microsoft forcing Kinect onto people is just a way to waste developers time and money developing for hardware people do not want?

Ergo, forcing Kinect as part of the package is completely inane and will only make people not buy it at the inflated price.

-

However, if Kinect is sold as an option. Then figures would show how many people have brought Kinect cos they ACTUALLY want it. Therefore giving developers a clearer view on how well the hardware is selling and whether it is worth developing for.

Saving everyone time and money in the long run.

-

Bottom line. Forcing people to buy Kinect, even if they can unplug it is asinine. It will not affect developers at all and using that as a defence for Kinect is flawed.

-

Move away from Kinect just for a while.

A lot of developers include other options into games like 3D that not everyone has...yet they still do it.
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox One playing games after the 24 hours of being offline.

The reason the Kinect is required to be plugged in has nothing to do with us as consumers, but everything to do with the developers. The Kinect is required because it gives developers comfort in the fact that they'll know that every Xbox One will have it.
    On the Xbox 360, developers weren't always sure if they should make a game that doesn't use the Kinect, if the Kinect should improve their game, or if the game should be Kinect required. The reason they weren't sure is because they also weren't sure who had
    a Kinect & who didn't. Now that the Kinect comes with every console and is required, the developers of games can more comfortably move forward on those decisions knowing that their sales will be secure regardless of which choice they make. Regardless of what
    choice they make (no Kinect, Kinect-improved, or Kinect-required), in the end, it benefits us as consumers through the development of better games overall...
  9. Undeadfire Zero Win User

develope game to kinect

Asking a forum isn't exactly smart enough.... You won't find anyone like that here.
Thema:

Kinect For Development

1. Kinect For Development - Similar Threads - Kinect Development

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  5. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  6. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  9. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  10. Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Develop More Games for Kinect on Xbox One: Why Microsoft and other companies stopped developing KINECT GAMES FOR XBOX ONE CONSOLE? I have recently purchased Xbox One Console with Kinect especially for Kinect Games, but I have seen these...