Kinect doesn't work on Xbox One

Discus and support Kinect doesn't work on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Strangly I have 2 cases where a Kinect doesn't work, and 1 was working before a firmware update (can't tell whether that was a kinect firmware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Dima, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Mr Dima
    Mr Dima Guest

Hi,

Strangly I have 2 cases where a Kinect doesn't work, and 1 was working before a firmware update (can't tell whether that was a kinect firmware update as well). I'll explain both;

I have a (new) Xbox One S All Digital console and attached a (new) Kinect to it using the adapter, but the Xbox just doesn't see the Kinect. Just the message there is a problem with your kinect. The basics like powering down, unplugging the console etc just
    doesn't help at all.

The kinect doesn't make any sound, no fans running, no lights turning on either.

So I wanted to buy a second hand (regular) Xbox one console with a kinect ... visited the guy that was selling it today and something strange happened. The kinect that worked today, after resetting the console, which forces you to update the firmware, the
    kinect stopped working. Exactly the same message and behaviour.

This made me think that in (at least) firmware version 10.0.18363.8131 (which is currently the latest) there are issues with Kinect ... you don't expect the kinects to be broken without good reason.

Yet I asked Xbox Gamer in a chat and at least there was a person who had the same firmware, and a kinect and no problem.

So, does anybody have an idea what might be going on here or have a solution to try?

I would also be interested to know if there are more people with the same firmware and a kinect which have no problem at all, or the same problem.

Thanks!

Dima.

:)

Mr Dima, Jan 28, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: